How on earth can the Jets beat the Phins on Sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFighter, Dec 22, 2008.

1. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Seriously, I'm curious. Please post your thoughts. I've seen threads about the playoff scenarios: if the Pats/Ravens lose, we can sneak in, but all this assumes the Jets actually win on Sunday.

Here's the threat question: with no pass rush, poor tackling and a run containment that has evaporated the past four games on defense and no passing game, poor pass protection on offense, how will the Jets beat a very creative, multi-faceted Dolphins team? I really can't see a way forward...

#1 JetFighter, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Easy...we don't lose to the phins.

T F kind of fan are you?

3. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

We score more points than the Dolphins do through a combination of touchdowns, field goals, and/or safeties.

4. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Stunning, you should be in color commentary for CBS...really good stuff...

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Division rivalry, throw the records out. Oh wait, they are similar. Its in NY. The Jets are the better team with more talent, although they have not shown it lately. Jets win.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

more importantly, how are the bills going to beat the pats

7. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Mangini wanted the Fins to believe we NEVER blitz.... He thought he could save it and then this Sunday Blitz like crazy all day....

Seriously - WHY NOT BLITZ THE HOUSE ALL DAY!!!! WHY THE HELL NOT!!!+_*)!^#(%@(#

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

FREAKINH AGSSGHHHHH@**!%@_

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

...and you should go back to the dolphins message board from whence you came.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

run the fucking ball

10. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Come on man, just take off your incredible blinders for a minute and look at this analytically. Instead of "hey man, I'm a Jets fan, I bleed green dude, that's why the Jets will win", I'm asking for an actual thought from you about what you've seen makes you feel the Jets can win this game. I haven't seen anything telling me that

A) receivers will get open
    B) Favre will hit them if they are open
    C) We will stop the wildcat formation
    D) We will stop Penny's favorite Phin tight end targets (we've been killed by tight ends all year)
    C) Our pass protection will keep Porter off of Favre (we just gave up four sacks to the Seahawks for God's sake)

But I guess just being a die hard fan is good enough for you, Moosey-girl?

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

"How on earth can the Jets beat the Phins on Sunday?"

Who said anything about beating the Phins on Sunday?

12. Section 227. Row 5

I thought we were going to do that against the 3-11 Seahawks.

13. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

The jets have a knack for something, what is that something you ask? Well please read and be enlightened. The Jets have 6 losses, and do you know what I find strange about these losses? The teams sucked! And if you live in a cave, let me enlighten you to the fact that the jets have 9 wins. Some of these wins come from average teams, some come from good teams, and in one case, and unbeaten. And the jets looked comfortable while beating on the Titans. The jets aren't great against the small teams, which (probably not by coincidence) were usually during terrible weather. But the Jets, if known for anything this season, are known for winning in impossible odds. They may have lost against Seattle, but that put them in impossible odds (well not fully impossible odds) and I know how strange that sounds, but juts look at the season, they have come out fighting hard when it comes to difficult odds. And look at their situation, they are in good (while still cold, but good) weather, in difficult odds, in New york, and they aren't yet ready to lose. Oh and I know that the question been raised a gazillion jigglin times: how will the bills beat the patriots. Well, let's just say from some past *cough* superbowl *cough* experience we know that the patriots aren't really the masters of incredibly favorable odds.

#13 jigglebilly, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  14. Section 227. Row 5

We do???????

15. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

On one hand we really suck, on the other hand we own the Fish.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Establish a rhythm on offense and chew up the clock, the defense is getting worn out being on the field for 30+ minutes a game

17. hendersg

hendersg New Member

We will not win this game. Chad Pennington will shred this joke of a secondary

18. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

"If we maintain gap-assignment and execute what we go over in practice, then we should be prepared, practice makes perfect"

who does that sound like?

apparently that's how you win games via New York Jets football.

Fuck Mangini.

19. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

woops, lol, I was previously reading a thread where somebody was saying tat we can still beat the phins and come out with a 11-6 record.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

if Mangini can just run the fucking ball. Just run it. Collinsworth said something on the TNF game that I'd like for Mangini to adhere to.

Pound it, pound it, pound it, bootleg, pound it, play action, pound it, pound it, pass, pound it, etc.

RUN TJ to the ground if you have to. Then, take him out and put LW and RUN HIM TO THE GROUND as well. Take Coles and make him run crossing routes all day.

Most importantly, come out and play with fire. Play with emotion. Play like this is the last fucking game everyone is going to play for the rest of their lives and leave it all on the field.

I don't care about the playoffs anymore. Just...win this fucking game!