How is Brodney Pool doing?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I have watched the Jets in preseason and have been watching Hard Knocks and I realized I have heard NOTHING about him...No mention at all

When the Jets acquired him it was considered a somewhat risky move so I thought it was interesting that he has been out of the spotlight for the most part

Of course at safety, maybe that's a good thing...

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He hasn't made any impact plays in preseason thus far but hasn't blown any coverages and has been stout vs the run. Pretty much what you'd want from a guy like Pool who is part of a platoon with E. Smith.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Yeah he hasnt really done anything outstanding. He has just been consistent, and does little things during plays..where Kerry Rhodes would of just given up.

You see Pool gettin involved a little more than Kerry did..even if you know theres probably not much you can do.

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Amazingly, Pool has yet to be seen licking his own nuts while a live ball was rolling around at his feet. I thought that was part of the job.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If Pool isn't blowing plays, hes already one step ahead of Rhodes.

6. 624

624 Banned

I saw a sick play yesterday where he took on a blocker like a LB and then shed it and made a tackle a couple yards down field.

Something Sherry wouldn't have done.

7. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I've yet to see a Jets game but I really haven't heard anyone talk about him as of yet. I don't think they've mentioned him on Hard Knocks either.

8. mystikol

mystikol New Member

More likely is that he's two steps behind Rhodes like everyone else.

9. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

if a safety isn't mentioned, then he's doing well.

10. Ten

Ten Active Member

I saw that,if Pool didn't make that stop then it's probably a 10 yard gain.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I've seen Pool making more plays, tackles and just being around the ball than I think I've ever seen Rhodes already.

Every time he's on the field you see #22 around the play...not joggin in place or getting to the play 3 seconds after the whistle and shit like that...

Good to see....

12. drz23

drz23 New Member

Victor Green style.

13. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Uh, no, that's not how it works. That saying applies to offensive linemen and maybe, maybe cornerbacks.

Nobody ever said "well, we haven't mentioned Ed Reed once today; I guess that means he's having a good game." Usually, you here things like "holy shit, look at what Polamalu just did!!!"

14. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

It just means he hasn't screwed up so far. He's been consistent.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Quite honestly you don't even notice him. You do notice that small white guy though....... whats his name?..... Woodhead? No............ oh yeah Leonhard.....lol

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Not in this defense, I think it means our LB, and CB's have been doing their jobs. He's played mistake free football like Jim Leonhard. Only time you might've hear Leonhard was on Wildon's blown coverage, I don't know though because I was at the game.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Kerry Rhodes was a whiny cry baby wuss but its not like he was a bad safety. Off the field = bitch but he wasn't getting burned deep or anything all the time. We haven't had enough time to evaluate Pool.

I can just see it happening Wilson gets beat deep and Pool doesn't get over for a long one in a crucial game and I'm going to be so F'n pissed at Tanny for screwing things up with our star CB and a solid safety (all be it a pansy one).

sorry to be a darksider but its something to think about.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No It isn't. If the scheme calls for a safety over the top Pool will be there just like Rhodes was. Rhodes fucked up with Revis on the Ginn TD, so things aren't going to be perfect no matter how good this defense is.

Pool buys into the system more than Rhodes, so I see him doing better with this defense.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he certainly buys into the system more than Rhodes I'll give you that. I hope you are right that he will play better because of that- but then again I myself believe in Rex's system but there's no way I'm going to stop the big play, just saying lol.

Also Rhodes did get burned on the Ginn play, but he was here for what 3, 4 years? And we can think of ONE play where he was embarrassed. That's a sign of a solid safety. I sure hope that Pool can do such a thing- his track record in Cleveland doesn't reassure me.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

when eli did that shuttle pass for 50 plus yards i think it was pool that ran down the play from behind and saved a sure touch down