How EMPTY is MetLife Stadium going to be in 2013 for Jets Games?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Mar 7, 2013.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Man. This is going to be sad. How can we, as fans, justify wasting our hard-earned money on this product? You just can't do it. I am one of the biggest Jets fans in the world, but I am at a loss for words right now. The team talks as if they are purposely going to tank in 2013. Revis is as good as gone. How can Rex Ryan stick by this? He is going to be fired at season's end for sure. This is a team who was playing for the AFC Championship just 2 years ago. Sickening. Can't just blame Tannenbaum either. Many people are to blame.

So my question is, will you still spend your money on Jets tickets/gear in 2013? I just don't see how I can at the moment.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

1st what are tix prices going to be?
    2nd who do we draft and sign in free agency

that will tell u better how many people will be there

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

You should be thankful. It appears we finally have a GM who is willing to make tough unpopular decisions to build a team properly (not constantly trading up and overpaying players).

Fish rots from the head down. The only other person more to blame than Tannenbaum is Woody (for letting him stay as GM as he FUBARed the team).

As long as the team is improving itself and moving towards a championship, I support them. In this instance, breaking the team down actually makes them more likely to win a championship in the future (because they aren't winning dick with the roster they have right now). I'm all for it.

4. The Dark Knight

I guess I am just really frustrated being so so so close to the Super Bowl in 2009/2010 and now being right back where we started just 2 years later? Really upsetting.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I will be at a few games this year,i dont think the stadium is gonna be empty at all it will be the same way it always is. The final roster and free agency hasnt even begun yet, who knows we may have something to be excited about by july

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

WTF???
    You've not seen the product.

They brought in an OC that puts up offense, with a multitude of middle of the road players, like Rex puts up defenses.youre returning Holmes,hill, Kerley, and probably Edwards, to run the WCO, for someone that gets it.

Your coupling a perennial top 10 OC with a top 10 Defense.

What are you bitching about? They should have made this move years ago.

Plus for the first time in years, you have a decent complement of draft picks.

9 and 39 is pretty good, even better if you net another for Mevi$

None of that is homerism...those are the facts on the ground.

You have more reasons for optimism now, than anytime since Parcells was hired.

7. Hobbes3259

You're not. You are closer now than you've ever been. The Jets have not had an OC this good since Weiss. And he works for one of the best defensive minds in the game.

You've also not had a full draft like this, since Trader Mike chose quality over quantity.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm going to see my first Jets game in person when they play the Panthers. If I was back in NY, I would have brought tickets (though probably from stubhub or something).

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Things change quickly in this league, w/ a good offseason we could be playoff contenders again.

10. The Dark Knight

I guess I just have considered trading away the top CB in the NFL and Rex/Idzik's talk as a clear sign of rebuilding. Maybe that is just how Idzik wants the team to be run now, but I liked the confidence we used to talk with.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The PSL system ensures tickets will be sold. Even if the ticket holders don't go they will try to resell them to recoup at least some of the money spent.

Will some seats be empty? Sure. Will it be enough to change the direction of the owner/GM? Doubtful.

12. Hobbes3259

You're ridding yourself of a cap killing headache, that thinks Al Davis is still alive.

Last years defense is in tact, except for a couple guys that were old and slow, and last years projected offense is returning, with Braylon, and the best offensive coaching staff we've had in a decade.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets are rebuilding. That's what happens when you have invested heavily in a 5 year window and things didn't go the way you wanted.

This window was officially opened up in 2008 when the Jets traded for Favre and Jenkins and signed 3 of the leading free agents (Pace, Faneca, Woody) in the same year.

The peak was 2010 and the Jets almost got over the top. After that there was really nowhere to go but down, however the Jets tried to extend the window into 2011 by relying on Sanchez as their lifesaver. When that failed we were going to be in rebuilding mode.

2012 just cemented what we already knew by that point, which is that Sanchez is a complimentary player not a centerpiece and the Jets will have to replace him to move forward.

Yeah, it's frustrating but we're in good shape with the new GM and Rex may yet recover with some solid personnel work in the front office.

It's 2013 and the Jets have been in the playoffs 6 times in the last 12 years. That's like a miracle given the 70's, 80's and 90's.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Things are never as good or bad as they seem.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

THIS.

I bet the crowd won't be much different at all. Afterall they've all gone through far worse seasons as Jets fans. Our 2 best players injured plus bad QB play, I could easily see us having a better season this year. Why don't we wait until at least the final product is determined before making silly predictions about all the fans quitting on the team after 1 poor season with multiple injuries.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I doubt it will be empty. If they suck, people will still buy tickets. You'll have more people selling at or even blow face value though.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

if we are bad it will be really empty later in the season, we only played 1 home game this year where we were out of the race, if we are out by Nov it will be an ugly place in Nov/Dec.

18. The Dark Knight

What I meant was the media had all these stories about acquiring Tebow to sell tickets, etc all that. Now in 2013 the team will be bad, without Revis or Tebow or anyone I can think of to draw fans to games, and with the high prices they charge for tickets, I am not sure it would even be worth it. This is coming from a "wanting to win" angle. If you just want to go enjoy your team, knowing they will probably lose, that is fine. I was that fan for many years. Since Rex showed up, I have just wanted to win though. I can remember enjoying (3-13) and (4-12) seasons (as odd as it sounds) much more than I enjoyed 2011's (8-8) and 2012's (6-10) teams.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I expect a decent Jets team this year. I don't say we will be powerhouse or something but this team will be competitive. If a few breaks go our way, we might even make the play offs.

Defense will only get better. Offense will definitely be better than last year. 9-7 is very likely.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the excitement at the KC 2002 game for chad's first start was AWESOME!!!!
    it was the 1st career start of Chad Pennington and we were 1-3.
    we wound up losing the game but even on incomplete passes chad was getting cheered bc it wasnt vinny out there and there was a sense of hope.

i wonder if this could happen this year?