How do you attend the draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetDan, Feb 26, 2009.

1. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I know this might be some where here, but i am interested in going to the draft and ive heard mixed information. i know it is early but it is always good to get a early start. Do any of you know how to attend. and have any of you ever been and was it a good time

2. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I've been to the NBA draft. I was able to get tickets early because I was a season ticket holder for the Knicks. It was a good time seeing a number of the top players, the whole television broadcast, lots of enthusiastic fans, etc.

But for the NFL you have to go at like 6:00 AM to pick up tickets. That means lining up at 3:00 or 4:00 AM to make sure you get a spot. I think the NFL does this because only a maniac fan would get up so early to get tickets and that's who they want in the stands. It looks good on camera when they see lots of active people in team jerseys and such.

But for me, I'd rather stay at home. With the fantastic TV coverage by ESPN or NFL Network, you get all of the player stats and rumors during the day. It's just a good television viewing experience. And I'm too lazy to get tickets so early. But good luck if you're so inclined.

3. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

you just go....

We have this questioned asked every year we should make a sticky icky icky

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I took an umpiring assignment this year on draft day - double header too...

i'm not happy.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

There are really limited tickets there early, and you have to get there early as possible on draft day. people actually do start lining up the night before. Or you can just go to Day 2 and get auto seats for the following year's Day 1. Two years ago I did that and was at Day 1 this year, and I'll be there this year as well. To be perfectly honest, I think Day 2 is more fun than Day 1, but that's just me.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

and since they want to move it out of NY.. going to day 2 to guarantee the day 1 spot the next year is a smarter idea.... plus, it goes fast since the time was shortened for each pick

7. Green Hurricane

Just as a quick aside on what you said mick, I really don't think they were ever be so stupid as to move the draft out of NYC. Nowhere in the country will they be able to find such a blending of fans as they will in New York, and it isn't even close. It's perfect for that, for the players that get invited to experience that tradition of the draft, and not to mention the media/location at Radio City.

8. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I went the year D'Brick was selected. The year after I proposed we have a draft party at the fraternity house and we've done so ever since. We do is as more of a rush event for fall of the next year for freshman that didn't pledge and just for us to get together and watch the draft since the fraternity actually has a diverse amount of teams that people root for. Giants, Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, 49ers, alot of different fans so it's cool to watch and chill at home and get ESPN's coverage rather then shlep on the train in the wee hours of the morning and sit there all day with no coverage, just fan reaction. So if anyones around Seton Hall stop on by.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You are right, but I know Goodell through that thought out there... I'd never want to see it moved anywhere else.

10. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Fucking Penn State schedules its Blue-White scrimmage for April 25th. Anyone know if Beaver Stadium is a wifi hotspot?

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Screw the inter/squad game.......NFL draft baby!!

12. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

This year will be interesting.

#12 Johnny4, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  13. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I attend drunk, don't know about you

14. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Is it at the radio music hall or MSG this year

15. Green Hurricane

16. ........

........ Trolls

Last time I went to the draft was 1998. Good time despite the lack of a 1st round pick (lots of Curtis Martin is our #1 Pick signs) and the inevitable Huh? when they announced Dorian Boose. Got to boo Peyton Manning for not coming out the year before when we had the #1 pick. I have yet to attend a draft at Radio City Music Hall, but the ones in the theater at MSG were good times. I don't remember ever arriving more than 3 hours early for my wristband, but I understand the lines have gotten a bit longer.