Holmes can stay home

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Oct 22, 2012.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

Granted sanchez effectively fumbled the game away, but of late, and especially yesterday he’s looked pretty good. I feel like the absence of holmes has perhaps relieved some pressure on sanchez and he can assert more control over his offense. I like the vibe hill and kerley provide. The boys can flat out play (hill drops aside,) The issue is we need a third receiver, as over-the-hill and schillens suck. This all to say, that looking forward, it might be wise to look to the draft one more young receiver and find another team willing to take on tone’s contract. I like santonio, but I think the offense just feels a little more fluid without him.

2. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

um...... no

3. TXJet

TXJet Banned

Um...Yes!! Holmes is a douche and I'm glad he got hurt!! I have had more fun cheering for this team in the last three weeks than I did during Holmes's two years prior to this. Hill hopefully learns to catch because he seems to get open and Sanchez is developing some chemistry with him, Kerley and Keller.

4. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

I don't know about "stay home" as Holmes is a very talented player but I am liking the chemistry Sanchez has built with Kerley in his absence. Sanchez to Kerley/Keller is turning into a problem for other teams

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Is it me, or does the offense is much better w/o Holmes?

6. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

You're "glad" he got hurt? Seek help, son.

7. MURDR

MURDR Banned

LOL at people thinking we'd be better off without our best offensive player outside of Mangold.

8. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

You are glad someone on the team you support got hurt? You have serious problems man. I completely disagree with this. We never got a chance to see all our weapons play together, healthy. Santonio demeanor and attitude aside, hes an above average WR and our best offensive player, IMO.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The last three games our WRs have gotten more separation and done a better job of getting open. The sad truth is our offense has improved since Holmes went down. Probably a little less tension in the locker room as well.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Well, we saw what happened when Keller was hurt. Once he got back, our offense greatly improved. So you are right, our second best offensive player being out was hurting us.

Now that Holmes guy, on the other hand, wasn't helping the offense in any way. This year, he played lazy, dropped a lot of easy passes (Which gave me the impression he was dropping on purpose like TO used to do.), and was just ineffective in general. Him being out has helped our offense a great deal.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't ever want to see Holmes in a Jets jersey ever again! He's a terrible teammate and the offense has played better without him.

12. Murrell2878

If he's the best offensive player then why has the offense played better without him?

13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Giving Holmes the big contract, and then not cutting
    him, and eating the cap hit, after his insubordination in Miami
    at the end of last year, are two of Tannenbaum's biggest errors as GM.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The real reason the offense is playing better is because the O-Line is getting their act together, they're not perfect, but have improved big time. Improvement has nothing to do with Holmes' absence.

15. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

No it does look better. More than likely its because Sanchez is free to throw where he wants and doesn't have him in his ear for the ball. Kerley has looked great and hill aside from drops gets open pretty easily.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Holmes can be cut this off-season correct? We would save about 2.5 million.

17. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Some of yall are just DYING to blame Holmes for something lol He didn't even play. We still stink. That should be a sign. Our offense looked better yesterday because New England's defense SUCKS!

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I like Kerley as a player far more than Holmes. They're pretty much the same type of guy but you don't get the douchebag in Kerley. I wish they could figure out a way to trade holmes for some value without taking a cap hit.

19. Murrell2878

I'd take the cap hit to get rid of him.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I believe the Jets clear 12 mil cap space with an 11 mil penalty if they cut him so they net 1 mil cap space. I'd cut his ass no questions asked end of the season