Ho-hum, Jets won again...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 10, 2022.

1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Just trying to get comfortable with this winning thing.
    For the first time in years, I felt the Jets would win a game, & they done did it.
    I still have problems with the CS, especially how they utilize the talent, & their marriage to their schemes, but seeing the talent perform on the field, has been a soothing antidote to those concerns.
    The two images that stand out in my mind from yesterday, was that defender hanging onto Breece's leg, while he dragged him for 10+ yards on that 79yard pass... & of course, QW swatting away Hill.
    These guys aren't backing down... they're playing like winners, something I'm starting to get used to.
    Go figure...

Pepsiguy5, NCJetsfan, Patriot and 3 others like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's like a revelation going into each weekend thinking the Jets might win.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Is it to early to start pricing Jets Superbowl tickets?

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Work in progress getting better each weak. That was a brilliant play call by MLF on the beast reception. As changing to the deep 5 in D with three safeties to completely suffocate their passing game. Just saying. They are getting their rhythm and the schemes are working better. The run D is still the Achilles heal.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, their are probably quite inexpensive right about know. Just saying. Wonder what the new over under games won is now in Vegas.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Go watch the Bengals game from three weeks ago.

It'll bring you back to earth... :confused:

Lon Chaney, Cman68, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Little worries about the run d myself but I felt like they decided yesterday that it was going to be the run game that beat us and not hill and waddle. Let’s see what they do this week against wrs that don’t need as much attention and a respectable run game. I think we can run a lot of single high and bring whitehead down in run support and keep jones and the quad father in check

LAJet likes this.
  8. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I actually haven't left earth yet. That's why I'm slowly wading into this winning thing. But, that Bengals game WAS three weeks ago, & this is not the same team, if only with the addition of Zach, but moreso, the team has matured.
    Including the CS, which might do things differently, if that game was replayed today.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree 100% with your input FJF. I said that on another thread as well . We intentionally sacrificed the run for a damned good purpose. I also think Alexander in starting to light it up with his speed and power, and when Quincy returns, we will have another weapon to deploy. I know is hard to keep CJ off the field, but they might be times were a different rotation could help our centerfield protection.
    Here are my two cents on the next game. When you play a team like GB, you have to be able to get them off their rhythm early offensively, and IMO, that’s when AR and the offense starts going south with the Superman mode and becoming more vulnerable.
    Some complained about not enough passing last week, I argue the opposite. I want to grind the run game even more this weak and wear the D out and keep AR off his game for as long as possible. By the time he gets his points, it too late to overcome the gap. One can only hope.

KingRoach likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I agree... things can change rapidly in the NFL.

Goodness... I hope we're not peaking too soon... :confused:

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If this our peak, we're in trouble.

KingRoach likes this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was getting frustrated that they were not sending more to stop the run. But that’s why I’m on the couch watching games. Had they done that, there’s no doubt that even the 3rd string qb would have been finding waddle and hill open, and the outcome could have been different.

jets_fan likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you know we've been bad for a long time when 3-2 feels good lol

JETFUEL1580, IDFjet, Brook! and 7 others like this.
  14. burf

burf Well-Known Member

For me, it's not the 3-2, it's the progress... aside from the younguns maturity, that the DL is coming to life, the OL with all the injuries, is showing life. Hell, even the safeties are showing life. And of course, maybe the biggest, Zach is showing maturity, patience, & letting his playmakers do their thing.

Will-I-Am-Not, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Look at the standings so far. One undefeated, a couple of 4-1, and that’s about it. The rest are all fighting for survival. This season is like nothing I remember from the past. A lot of middle of the road teams with a shot at a wild card. May be that will change down the road. But the absolute dominance of a few contenders like years past is not that evident anymore.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm a bit pissed though. I had so many weekend plans for October but now I'm gonna be sitting on a bar stool somewhere in NY every Sunday afternoon!

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Pete Rozelle is doin a dance someplace.. Parity is a reality now..

LAJet likes this.
  18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Committed to a 10-day meditation instructor training on-site from Jan 14-23. I had no worries at all when I made the commitment, but last night I checked the calendar. It's wild card plus divisional round.

:oops:

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well you got something there for sure. Rozelle's dream.
    Wouldn't it be insane if with three weeks to go all the wild card spots as a minimum are up in the air with multiple contenders with a chance at it.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as the Jets don't choke like the Mets did...

JETFUEL1580 and LAJet like this.