Historic victory!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Sep 28, 2008.

1. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Darksiders stay away

You were wrong again! Amazing. Brett comes to a new team, everyone knows it will take them yet the darksiders jump on his case. No understanding that it takes time for a team to jell with a new QB. We'll be 5-2 shortly and then they'll say it's because of the schedule. Freaking amazing.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Hindsight is always 20-20.

3. JetsLookingforDWare

It's like they concede every game and every season without really announcing it...so if any good happens it's overshadowed by negative X.

4. JetsLookingforDWare

"Darksiders" would know this...it's their #1 weapon of choice isn't it? "Shoulda done this..."..."coulda done that..."...

5. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Hindsight?

Excuse me, but you don't get away that easily. I & many others have been pointing out to you all week that we PREDICTED a 1-2 start in that pre-week 1 prediction thread (I predicted a 10-6 final record from that 1-2 start). The MAJORITY predicted a 1-2 start.

Only you seemed to think that they for some reason sohould have been able to do so much more (with a "mistake" at QB? against patriost and chargers?) that when they did go 1-2, it seemed like a disaster.

What you are having right now perhaps is hindisght, but spare me this other crap: many of us actually had the FORESIGHT one month ago to predict a W-L-L start, followed by a win to bring us to 2-2.

6. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

It is amazing how 2 horrible losses mean nothing and everyone should be patient, but 1 win (where the team gave up 35 second half points) is unequivocal proof.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One win and everything is just fine and dandy in JetLand.. This is truly one bipolar fanbase...

8. JetsLookingforDWare

Nah it's just like politics...many look more negative than they are because they think too many people are too positive...which is because they're trying to compensate for the seemingly excessive negativity meant to balance everything...

Theres very few real extremists here...

Got to love how the people who'd gladly start a million threads after a loss are going apeshit over the like....4-5 threads going on today....one dedicated to the hurt star of todays opponent.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You seem very angry, take it easy.

Congrats on predicting a 1-2 start.

But there are still alot of problems on this team. If you can't see them then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes 2-2 is great, lets get these problems corrected during the bye I hope.

10. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

For the record, I've expressed consistent concern about the D this entire season -- incluidng after the week 1 win.

It's just the "Favre was a mistake crowd" that I'm focusing all the ridicule I can muster on. The implications that Favre was holding this team back is just ... freakin' hilarious.

Whatever crap they get after, this, belive me, they deserve.

11. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I can see them. I was trying to tell them to you all week in your "Favre was a mistake" thread. You know, the one where you said Favre was the main problem, and didn't mention any other problem at all in your OP?

12. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

What, exactly should there be multiple threads about?

- Revis continues to play well
    - Nice to see Coles show-up
    - The defense is jekyl and hyde
    - Jets finally got some big plays off of play-action
    - Jets couldn't run the football
    - The kicking game continues to suck
    - Keller got another TD

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Favre looked way off on some throws last week. What I feared would it take too long to learn the O, finish 8-8, he leaves at the end of the year and we are fucked again.

The D was decent until the SD game, now it is unraveling at times. Could be playcalling, coaching, I am not sure.

I just saw this worse case scenario, after years of having hopes dashed.

I will gladly eat crow and see this team achieve something for a change.

14. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

...and the glass is half full or half empty. We know where you stand. The world was coming to an end last week.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! Youre claiming we'll be 5-2....because of the freakin schedule man. That's why YOU can make that bold prediction.

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

OK. Peace, I'm done.

Seriously and quietly though for a minute ... it is what it is this year, Favre is the QB, Chad is not coming back. When things go well just try to enjoy it, OK? No need to keep looking for dark linings on silver clouds. It's still pretty doubtful we're going to SB -- especially with this defense -- so enjoy the good moments when they come.

17. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I fail to see why taking the opponents you are scheduled to play when making a prediction makes you look foolish. More like educated, it seems to me.

What looking at the schedule does is help you keep an even keel, and perspective. I along with many others predicted a start to the season of W-L-L-W-W-W-W. This kept me from getting too morose and panicy when we went 1-2 (like a lot of people were this week, when threads were created saying we should bench Favre and start Raitliff for this game), and, if & when we win 3 or 4 of the next four, it will help me keep perspective the the real test will still lay ahead.

But if you want to just focus on the mathematical number (.333 last week, .5000 now, maybe if all goes well .722 5 weeks from now) and unecessarily alternate between depression and euphoria ... have a good time.

18. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

what's with all of the Favre hater's on this site? ...seriously! ...and yes I'm here to rub it in and make you all eat your words.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

re-read his post,then mine again. He is saying that we'll be 5-2(judging by the schedule ofcourse)then saying that the rest of will say that it was because of the schedule that were 5-2.(if it happens).He contradicts himself.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head, and that is my problem. I just always expect the worse, hope for the best....