Hey Mike Florio, Peter King, ESPN Dudes, FoxSports Guys.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Feb 13, 2021.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

We (Jets fans) aren't trading all our draft picks the next 2 years -- including the #2 overall pick -- and Quineen Williams for Deshaun Watson, Russel Wilson, or any other franchise QB. Please get it through your thick heads !!! :D:mad::mad::D

We aren't a franchise QB away. Call Miami...they have the #3 overall pick and were 10-6. We were 2-14. Getting Wilson or Watson means we would have won 6 games this year tops.

Whoop-de-damn-do, as Derrick Coleman once said. :D

No offense, but they don't want to come here, and we don't really want them. Nothing personal, it's just a question of where we are NOW and the fact that I don't think either guy or any other franchise QB wants to wait until 2023 for a shot to go deep in the playoffs.

Signed,

NY Jets Fans

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's true though that the media is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off on this issue while missing the actual big story of 2021 - which is the effect of big contracts signed just before the cap crunch.

It's the worst collective performance by the media covering any major sport in decades.

4. wellemann

wellemann Member

If we got Watson, he could be a FQB for 10 years... that's is not a short term move.

The uncertainty of the draft makes him insanely valuable. And if we can step up and build around him for real in 2023... that would still be 8 years with a top 5 qb.

Nobody will trade away 5-8 1st round picks. But 3? Of the 4 we have in 2021 and 2022? Hell yes.

If we have any faith in JDs ability to draft well, he can find good players in round 2-7. And with Watson we are a more attractive destination for free agents.

And Q is a superstar in the making sure... but we are not getting anywhere without a top qb.

EDIT:
    AND it would be hell to be in the AFC East with Bills/Josh Allen, Dolphins/Watson and Patriots...

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking we needed another thread about trading for QBs

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

LOL, yup, Arm Chair GM Peter King on PFT "Jets should trade whatever they need to to get Watson....4,5,6 firsts, anything...everything!!!"

Set us back 10 years but hey, we'll have a FQB who can get us 4 wins a year!

JetsKickAss and Jets79 like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Baumeister and Ralebird like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Mike Florio talks too much BS for my taste....and I quote him " If I were the Houston Oilers I would say, we will start the bid for three first rounders and we will go from there" " If you aren't willing to give up three first rounders and then some don't bother"
    To which I would say " Got it, we will not bother, we are far more than a QB away. Good luck with that"

JetsKickAss, Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not true that "we" don't want them. Speak for yourself.

I haven't seen one person even remotely suggest that we should trade "all of our draft picks the next 2 years" and no one is suggesting that we are only a FQB away. Get real. Stop it with the hyperbole. You need to get it through your thick head that we could trade for Watson and still have pretty close to our normal draft picks, which are enough to keep improving the team around the QB, and we have plenty of cap space with which to sign FAs. You also don't know that Watson or Wilson would have only led to 4 additional victories. With their better accuracy, much greater ability to read defenses, poise in the pocket and ability to sense pressure, and ability to anticipate throws, they could have led the team to 6 more wins or more. None of us knows what would happen

Neither probably wants to play for the Jets or any bad team, but you nor I know for certain that either wouldn't accept a trade here.

#9 NCJetsfan, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  10. egbert souse

egbert souse Member

Jets fans aren't trading anything for anyone. Joe Douglas might make a trade.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's true. I tried to trade up with Jacksonville for the #1 pick, and the Jets are like "Who are you? You can't trade our picks." Oddly enough, Jacksonville wouldn't even take my calls anyway!

joelip, themorey and apjbfc like this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Florio might be the biggest idiot in NFL media.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am not sure Ass knows what hyperbole means TBH

14. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Dear Jets fans that don't want to trade for Watson,

Quiet.

All the best,
    Reasonable Jets Fans

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This is the type of post I would endorse completely, "Like" and support if it was not for the bolded sections which are totally out of place in a civil discussion. It's too bad that certain otherwise worthwhile, even valuable, posters lower themselves to such tactics while believing they are somehow elevating themselves above the crowd.

Sec124DieHard and abyzmul like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The moral hero that TGG truly deserves.

Sec124DieHard, joe and abyzmul like this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course there will always be those who prefer incivility and amorality.

apjbfc likes this.
  18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Did anyone see the Super Bowl game? One of the teams' QBs didn't do as good as usual because the really good linemen didn't play. Made me wonder if a really good QB would do good on the Jets, where the linemen aren't so good. I don't know if anyone else ever thought of this.

19. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

So trade for Watson and improve the o-line? Sounds like a great idea.

Ralebird and K'OB like this.
  20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am tired of substanceless click bait. articles. Darryl Slater seems to be the king of these articles and is hands down my least liked beat writer.Cimini might be a jerk but he often has information and substance. Mehta might have been a terrible human being but occasionally he provided useful info. But Darryl Slater might IMO is much worse as he offers nothing. I guess I am tired and frustrated reading articles by people that have no concept of the difference in value of different picks and who just write articles to create hype and more clicks.