Herm quotes after loss to Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by sozopol, Dec 7, 2006.

1. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

A bunch of quotes here:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/12/07/ramblings/week-in-quotes/4655/

The guy is just too much. Now I can just laugh without also getting that nagging sensation of despair. I still can't get over how thrilled I am with the new regime. Mangini and Co. are the kind of staff I would admire and covet if they were somewhere else... I can't believe our luck.

2. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

?Certain players, I guess, don?t play as well on the road as they do at home, and they?ve got to find a way to do that. I wish I could give them a medicine, a pill, but you can?t do that.?

? Herm

You know I heard the coach of the Nets on Sportscenter this morning after their OT loss saying something to the account of: "We lost because the coaching stunk and it's all my fault." I don't even watch basketball but I can respect this guy for taking accountability for a loss and not blaming it on the players even if it might be their fault.

With Herm you get the nonsense that I quoted above all the time. Real coaches come out and say, "We lost because I didn't do a good enough job putting the players in a position to win the game. We have the talent to succeed and we game-planned all week but we still lost and I take responsibility." Now, even if that's all rhetorical bullshit I would have liked to hear something to that effect from Herm ONCE. But that might reflect negatively on him and god knows we can't have that.

3. Irv

Irv Member

I don't think there's another coach in all of pro sports that can say nothing with as many words as the Herminator.