Herm already getting ripped in K.C

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

I love this, this just proves how bad of a head coach he is.

Chiefs | Edwards lashes back at critics
    Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:07:04 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards lashed back at reporters during his press conference Tuesday, Sept. 12, who feel that Edwards' conservative style is holding the team's offense back. "Conservative? I was conservative in this game? If the people went to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play, that's the same offense they've watched for the last five years ? shifts, motions. ?," Edwards said. "Maybe I should change, because if we're only going to score 10 points and we'll get the quarterback killed, then maybe I should change the offense. But that's the same offense these fans have been watching for the last five years, and it wasn't clicking on all cylinders."

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

3. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

Herm's getting what he deserves. He squirmed his way out of what he thought was a sinking ship with the Jets so he could go to what he thought was a winner with the Chiefs.

Sorry, but I'm getting a lot of enjoyment watching his slow demise in KC.

4. Trend

Trend Member

Slow Demise ?

5. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

What Herm has never grasped is that the coach makes the team. He has always thought the players make the team. That is why he will always fail eventually. He is programatically wired to excuse himself in all situations.

6. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

How long before he starts his we play to win the game crap.

7. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the KC fans go thru the same crap we did... It's like watching a sinking ship.

8. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

Herm's not thaat bad. He did have half his offensive line change over and his QB got killed. That said, he does deserve a lot of the blame for not getting his team in tip-top shape. But then again, conditioning has never been his strength.

Also, Cincy is really good this year. The game served more to show Cincy's dominance than KC's failure.

9. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm just sorry Green got hurt

because I don't want him to have an excuse when KC goes down in flames.

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

Check out some good HErm stuff here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14806250/

He answers a Green question by bringing his wife into it, like anyone cares, then has some weird line about the Toy department.

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm not a Herm basher (although I was glad to see him go, since I thought he had gone as far as he could here), but I wonder if the Chiefs boards are going to start their own Hermisms thread.

Yes, I understand the point, but he really seems incapable of just saying something plainly and to the point.

13. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

losing what mind? He was crazy when he was here. Wonder what happens if the Jets record is as good or better than the Chiefs? Do they fire Herm and promote Saunders after one year? Before the year is done?

As usual, he's throwing others under the bus. Same offense but not on all cylinders...who's fault? Saunders? Never Edwards...never.

He'll crack this year, just you wait!

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is far from a slow demise. In fact, this is smelling like crash and burn.

Even M&MD mentioned Herm briefly yesterday. I didn't hear the whole thing but Dog was clearly talking about Edwards and not very compimentarily. When someone called and asked what were the Chiefs thinking in hiring Edwards in the first place (didn't they know his shortcomings, soft camp issues, conservatism, clock-management woes, etc.), Dog was saying the Chiefs basically thought their offense didn't need anything and would be fine on cruise control, so they brought in Edwards, a "defensive" coach, to work with the DEF and beef that up. They figured the offense "would take care of itself." Now, after a soft camp, they open up and not only appear to be out of shape, they're unprepared as well.

Not only is the offense a mere image of itself (especially now with Green out), the DEF has not improved and the entire team just looks terrible all of a sudden.

It's a shame Trent got injured, because Herm now has that in his excuse bag of tricks. I would have much rather preferred a healthy situation with no excuses available, and then be able to watch Herm squirm and twist in the wind.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The KC Star already has a column called Hermisms

16. Allentown Ernie

When Herm was the coach, Hackett the OC, when it was 3rd & 8 or 3rd & 9, we sat and waited for the next smart play that would get us a first down, aaaaand then it came, a draw that gained 3 yards or got Curtis killed behind the line. Well folks, KC got him now and we got Mangini. No matter what our record is at the end of the season we got the better of the deal. Now KC can run the draw. Thank god for that. Allentown Ernie.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

:rofl:
    Q: Did you know that Willie Roaf was in town? Have you talked to him?

EDWARDS: ?No, but I heard that he?s in town. He must be here for barbecue or something.?

18. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

You know, I think a mediocre coach with delusions of grandeur can actually do more damage to a franchise then just a straight up bad coach. Herm seems incapable of admitting or recognizing his mistakes, let alone learning from them. Quotes like this just highlight the problem

Ok, so he didn't change the offense. But he might have to change the offense because they'll run out of QBs(Green hasn't missed a game in 5 years in KC) and score 10 points a game(KC has averaged 27 PPG the last 5 years). And anyone that dares to say that he changed the offense didn't watch the game. And hey, even if the offense was changed he didn't call any of the plays and he's totally not conservative...plus, Marty ran the ball 50 times and won, so what's wrong if he is conservative, huh?

It must be an absolutely terrifying time to be a Chiefs fan. Then again, KC dumped Bradway and Hackett off on us, so fuck em.

19. DariusVassell

DariusVassell Member

Jeez...what must Trent Green be thinking, one minute he's praised by Edwards for his toughness and then Herm slates the offense for only scoring 10 points because some hack dared call him conservative....image is everything for this pretender, team guy? you have to be kidding....

20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Sounds like one of those HS algebra problems:

Herm runs plays
    Herm's team doesnt excute
    Herm changed the offense

If you weren't watching
    Herm didn't change the offense.

If you were watching
    Herm didn't change the offense but may.

What's the inverse and contrapositive?

Thread Status: