Has Demario Davis Taking Over at Linebacker? (Yes)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 24, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://thejetsblog.com/news/has-demario-davis-taking-over-at-linebacker-yes/

2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I want to see maybin play more to for pace. We have the 3 slowest linebackers in the league. Scott, pace and thomas.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Scott was playing the goal post on teams....didn't have to move, just hold his hands up.

4. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Hmm.. All three of our top round picks are starting. Does this mean we are rebuilding?

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Bart Scott serving as ILB depth is a good thing. Davis played well @NE you didn't see him get toasted in coverage or in the run game however he did blow coverage on the kickoff TD which proved a crucial blunder. Kid will only get better.

I love Bart Scott, even if he's reduced to part time player and special teams role I still want him here. Bring him back next year at a cheap price.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

This isn't a surprise, nor is it indicative of the team's plans moving forward (for Davis). Bart Scott is too old and slow to play every down in a series against an up-tempo Pats offense

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

don't mistake this for rebuilding....this is unplanned and the result of piss poor roster management by our front office.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I remember when we drafted Demario Davis and Mel Kiper said "If he went to Arkansas instead of Arkansas State he'd be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick".

This dude is a complete inside backer, cover, blow up blocks, rush the passer up the middle which complements Coples and Wilkerson

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I love hitters..... Every hilight you see of him in college he's smashing someone...

That said, Bart is playing "Better" than last year but I think you have to get the kids in there...Now,
    How the fuk do we get Pace off the field?:mad:

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I don't know if he's taken over. Bart against the pats wasn't gonna be in there much because of there fast tempo offense and that they pass a lot and he stinks in pass coverage. He should take over any way in my opinion.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm all for the changing of the guards

12. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Just saw a Rex presser on SNY. Rex says Bart's toe is a nagging injury that probably won't heal without rest. He said Bart has already tried to play three games with the injury.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Demario Davis really excites me. For the past 7 games, I've been sick of seeing the same old and overpaid linebackers on the field. I'm excited to think about our future at that position. Next year looks like get Davis, Harris, Maybin/Thomas, and a draft pick/FA should put is in a decent place in that area. I think that it is important to be willing to not overpay the first free agent diva that walks through the door. This should be a great group for the young Davis to lead once the older guys go. Hopefully, this defense will be able to stop a nose bleed for decades to come.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

davis has steadily improved and is beginning to look like a a nice 3rd rd pickup. excellent roster management by the fo.

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yea I think it is funny how the draft has worked out so well for the Jets from this past season and the season before that, yet fans refuse to see that. To get Jeremy Kerley, Mo Wilk, Quintin Coples, Demario Davis, Kenrick Ellis, Bilal Powell (who probably still sucks), Antonio Allen, and Stephen Hill in the past two drafts and have them all contributing positively to the team is actually a good sign. Cant wait to get a new outside linebacker who can actually stop the run and rush the passer. The defense could become very, very good for years to come with that.

Its just very funny that if Mark Sanchez can turn it around and continue to play like he did Sunday that the perception of the front office and the drafts will change heavily.

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

they lost a vegas bet on the over/under for missed tackles by scott in the frisco game. no matter how high the number, never bet under.....:breakdance:

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

frineds of mine and i all were rooting for the pats to lose, even though they are fans of other afc teams. yet, we all sat there expecting sanchez to pull out a few dumb plays and sure enough, he did! ray lucas is right about sanchez.

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Oh I said the same thing, but if you sat through the whole game and went back and watched it he made some very, very good throws into tight windows and honestly if Dennard didn't hold Jason Hill he scores the game winning TD in overtime (he already was past Dennard).

I just think a lot of people with Mark have a self fulfilling prophecy. You have to admit that watching the game Sunday (maybe not at first glance) but watching the game again with coaches film he made some very good throws (yes against a poor secondary), but he does have the tools he just needs to play consistently enough to win. I for one hope that it all comes together at some point, but the people who post in the "Sanchez sucks thread" about how he is terrible are lying to themselves if they refuse to admit that it was Mark's best game as a Jet.

BUT PLEASE PLEASE I JUST REALIZED WHAT I JUST DID (LEAVE THIS TO DD). PLEASE DONT TURN THIS INTO A MARK SANCHEZ THREAD.

#18 SienaSaints, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ask the Patriots that same question. Personally I love the fact that so many of our young guys are contributing. We knew going into this draft, that it was going to be crucial for these guys to pan out, and the sooner the better. Bart has been hurt which has given Davis more snaps and that has propelled him. He's going to be the guy going forward, although Scott isn't done. I still think he's got a little left in the tank and can be a serviceable backup. Our defense is stocked right now, and once we get a decent pass rushing OLB, we are going to be rugged on the D for years to come. The offense will come around in time.

20. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I am really happy with Demario playing a bigger role on our defense. Side to side hes much quicker than Bart. I think its great to keep Bart fresh for obvious running downs, hes still an animal in his own right.