Happy Mother's Day

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, May 10, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, I have a dog, but call your Mom(s). I haven't been to my folks grave in years. I don't know, the rare few times I've gone I just feel like it's absurd, I'm visiting my parent's bones and I don't usually feel much of anything, just mostly mild vague anger about other family. Then I say something about the Jets to my Daddy's bones (it's a requirement), say something else inane on the wind to my Mom, and go photograph old headstones.

I might go there today and leave my Mom a carnation. She loved those, because my Daddy always bought them for her on Valentine's Day (no, he wasn't a cheapskate, she just didn't like roses). I would bring Lily of the Valley (both of our absolute favorites), but they're not blooming yet.

Anyway, there's a nursery out that way and I'm in the midst of regenerating everything I let die on me by degrees over the last 15 years. A lot of death around here; but I feel ambitious and hopeful again, so I'll use it as an excuse to drive out there, I guess.

The last time I was there was the week before the AFCE Championship Game (2009). "C'mon, Daddy, luckyluckyluckylucky . . . !" I left a little Jets flag there but I didn't high-five the headstone, so that's why it didn't work. :/

Good Mother's Day story coming up. It involves my Grandpa from the A set.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You might be the only female on the board anymore Jeto... :)

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Happy mother's day folks. Like Jeto says, call your mother if she is alive. You will miss her dearly when she is gone.

Ah jeto. I lost my mom December 1st 2011. She has been gone for 8.5 years now. My mom and dad are in the same graveyard sleeping eternally. That's the reason I go to Turkey every single year.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@NYGalPal too but only posts for Mets. She doesn't like Jets anymore I guess.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lost my mom back in '87 to cancer. Please don't take anything for granted as tomorrow is promised to no one. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.

Jonathan_Vilma and Brook! like this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

RIP Betty Johnson

jetophile likes this.
  7. jetophile

I will not laugh. I will not laugh. I WILL NOT LAUGH. I have enough notches in my hell belt without any help from you, you little bastard. I laughed. GODDAMN IT.

8. Dierking

Why the fuck would you laugh about someone’s mother dying? you sick twisted fuck.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's Day. Thank you to @jetophile, @Cman65, and @Brook! for their inspiring words of wisdom. I made sure my Mom had a great day! :)

Brook! likes this.
  10. jetophile

You seem morally outraged. I'm going to post that Grandpa Story. I'll make sure it's extra long. The extended version of the extended version.

11. jetophile

There's someone named Passepartout that does a drive by every once in a while, but they're so sparse and infrequent that I never get a chance to say hi. Also jetsbabe68? It was something like that, very, very sweet lady in my age demographic that I met a couple of times, once in the parking lot on the way to walking into the game at The New Dump.

That was a crazy day. Me and the old man got there about 40 minutes before KO. It's almost like when you run into someone you know on the streets of NYC, but the bad part was, I was just coming off a horrific migraine from the day before and I was in no shape to carry on a conversation. The sunlight was painful and I was still nauseous.

I was really struggling, and I ran into 17a, Royal & Dee, jetsbabe68, and Patshater and his then very pregnant wife. Royal introduced me to the latter, and I'm very outgoing and usually very effusive, but I mumbled just enough of the basics to get by. I was barely keeping it together.

After dragging myself onto the escalator, I saw that Patshater and his wife were a few heads of cattle ahead of us. Getting off, I yelled out, "Enjoy the game!" Ooo, a skullcrusher. They didn't turn around, and I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't hear me. Probably a year later I saw him post something about what a huge fucking stuck up bitch I was. Somewhere around six months after that I received a PM from 17a that Patshater died unexpectedly (they were close friends). Jesus, the guy DIED.

I only met him once, but the fact that I met him face-to-face made me feel terrible. That he died, I mean. I wish I could have straightened that other part out, but I wasn't posting at that time and he never said anything to me in between. I had no idea I was persona non grata. Oh, well, but that does work both ways.

Jessie, well . . . Jessie was Jessie. I made more than a few attempts to be friendly with her, but she had no interest and was often agonistic towards me. She should have picked her battles more wisely. I don't know what her problem was. She was constantly reporting people like she warranted special treatment and then say, "I reported you!" So . . . ? And she had this weird henchman/toadie with a Namath avatar - Joe Willie White Shoes, or whatever his handle was - who knew her in real life who was always dropping "titillating details" about her being a former underwear model. So . . . ? And her cat Lemon, who died jumping out of a window in NYC; and her love of Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have no clue if her and Petrozza knew each other off the board, but Jessie was part of the OLD old guard at the NY Times board. Anyway, it's too bad, because she could be amusing and and engaging at times, but the huge self-important stick up her ass got in the way. I'm sure she's nice in real life, just like the majority of us . . . except @Dierking.

And there's only one Pam (PF4). She was everybody's Mom.

EDIT: How could I forget about Kelly? lolololol

EDIT AGAIN: Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks credit goes to BadgerOnLSD. I don't steal. That was in the 'Is NASCAR a Sport?' thread. One of many old classics lost in board crashes. :/ Yes, of course I remember the ' Brown Wings' thread, too, which I'd be more than happy to discuss. I think your cap gun is empty now @Dierking. Until the next time.

#11 jetophile, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  12. Dierking

No love for Spivey?

13. jetophile

No. None for Sayuki, either.

14. Dierking

cassie96 approves of this message

15. jetophile

lol, the girl who went to Bible College, ran marathons for the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer, and had an unhealthy obsession with Michael Phelps. When it was pointed out to her that Nancy Brinker, the CEO for SGKF was making $684K a year, she disappeared. I smelled a rat with that one, but I'll keep it to myself.

There was also a Packers fan named Terry G who talked extreme politics for about 2 months and then mysteriously disappeared. I smelled a rat with that one, too.

And who can ever forget Buffalobabe, or whatever the hell her name was (it was a name in that camp). <== Calling on @The Waterboy. She was blonde and had a huge forehead and posted pictures of herself in a bar kissing a bowling ball. That thread went on for PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES, and practically the entire board was falling all over themselves. Everyone suddenly turned Prince fucking Valiant and threw their coats in the mud in selfless acts of nauseating chivalry so m'lady could cross. It was pathetic.

I shamed them all, and abyzmul laughed so hard he almost popped a blood vessel. Eventually the novelty wore off. That, and a handful who got sick of her act faster than everyone else started flaming her, especially @hiker. I always liked that guy. Oh, and don't worry, that Grandpa Story is still coming.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I remember the bowling ball chick but can't remember the name, I didn't think it was that long ago but she must predate the Ultimate Trash Talking Forum because nothing comes up for her that I can find going back to 2006. @NYGalPal is the only one I can remember posting any time recently except Passepartout but I guess I never read enough to realize she was a woman. I thought Pam was a great poster, sucks that she is gone.

17. jetophile

Yeah. :/ The next time I see @NYGalPal I'll say hi. I've only come across her posts a handful of times and I brushed it off as some poser dude, lol.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Sayuki and Kelly are the only 2 dudes posing as women I can think of though I'm sure there were more

19. Dierking

Remember when ollie's girlfriend posted here for a milisecond? What a plane crash that chick was.

20. jetophile

Ollie and Lollie. He divorced his wife because he found out that she tricked him into marrying her by lying about being pregnant. Then him and Lollie went on a weed smoking spree. It's amazing what people will say online, lol.

Or nyscene911 and his "exotic dancer" wife, Les Girl. They were both very nice, though.

EDIT: I said Terry G earlier. It was Terry B, I'm sure of it; I'll have to study that camera shot in my head because it could possibly be Terri B. I just had a mental image of "her" Donna Reed avatar. Slip into a coma sometime if you have nothing better to do. It's a crapshoot, though. You'll either remember when you first started walking, weird facts from third grade social studies, people, places, faces, things, and events from well over 50 years ago, or you won't remember your own name. :/

EDIT: More mind camera work: it wasTeriB, one 'r'. Not even sure how I might be able to find that, but I know I'm right. It's not nice to fool Mother Coma Brain (lightning noise)! Yes, I know I just talked to myself, thanks.

[​IMG]

#20 jetophile, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020