Had a Zoom with Greg Buttle and OJ Anderson Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Apr 22, 2020.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

A friend hooked me up with the invite.

Greg and OJ candidly talked about their NFL experiences...etc. OJ believes if the Giants played the Bills 100 times, the Giants would have lost 99. That Bills team was that good.

Asked Greg about the draft tomorrow and he believes the Jets need to take a WR...preferably CeeDee Lamb FWIW.

IDFjet, Noam, NYJFOREVER and 5 others like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Always a fan of Buttle on the pre and post game. Now I like him even more.

NCJetsfan and GQMartin like this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Buttle’s a good guy - tough player too. I’m a little surprised he would go WR over OT.

There was a report today that the Jets were forming a plan in case they need to move up. If that’s true that probably indicates JD may be hearing all 4 of the top OTs could be off the board at #11. I’m pretty sure if he wanted a WR he can simply stay put at #11.

I say as of now it’s 75/25 the Jets go OT in the first round unless they’re all gone and he can’t trade down. ( And wasn’t able/too costly to move up )

GQMartin likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He felt as though what the Jets did in FA was enough to not address the OL in the first round. Feels Sam should definitely has more time to throw now.

Talked about needing more people to catch the ball, etc.

Brook!, KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well we’re less than 24 hours away from finding out - regardless of who they select in the first round I’m thinking the Jets are getting two OL and two WRs before the sixth round .....

GQMartin likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just FYI, you should watch out with Zoom. They just got in huge trouble about their end to end encryption and they also just got slapped with a huge lawsuit for illegally sharing user data with that cunt of all cunts, Mark Zuckerberg. When the fck is that guy ever going to be thrown in prison for life? It amazes me how little every day people care about anything he does no matter how many times he gets in hot water and why. In case anyone is interested - and I'm sure no-one is:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/zoom-app-personal-data-selling-facebook-lawsuit-alleges/

The lawsuit "alleges", lol. As you were.

cval and GQMartin like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Broadway GQmartin,

You have been in contact with more Jets celebrities than Woody Johnson himself, Damn you I am jealous.

GQMartin and matt robinson 17 like this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree with you that people don’t seem to care, when guys like Zuckeberg have that much money it’s not easy to bring him down.

I’m probably one of the few on this planet who has no social media account but from what I understand is the “terms of agreement” is where most of these apps get the end user to give permission unbeknownst to them.

Not much we can do when it’s in the fine print and we don’t read it.

Screw Facebook, I still don’t get the appeal of reading what amounts to the wall in front of a urinal.

Acad23, LogeSection2RowJ and GQMartin like this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree with Buttle

GQMartin likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Facebook is popular, as it is a way for families that live at other ends of the country to share things like pics and gossip with, that is it, the cool element of the new app on the block left it a long long time ago.

I have no doubt that more than half the people that use it have zero idea of what information it has been lifting all this time and even then some won't care.

You only have to take a look at that new one Tik Tok and people are gladly signing up for it.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I lean towards a tackle with the first pick, but if Buttle is correct and it’s CeeDee Lamb, I won’t be too upset. How’s this idea: Take Lamb, and later on trade back into the end of round one for that Center, Ruiz. I haven’t seen anyone propose that scenario yet. Centers usually don’t go until that part of the draft (like Mangold) so dealing our first pick of round two with another pick or so might do it.