Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is the only right response. Basically to tell him to go fuck himself. And it is not amazing, but given where we are now, least of two evils.

2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...deal-before-trade-but-he-declined/ar-BB1qvtts

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Kind of crazy that this is where we are

We don’t know the whole story, but it sure sounds pretty bad for JD. Trading for a disgruntled player is never a good move, and this has come back to bite JD in the ass big time.

Of course, we don’t know (a) what was or was not promised to the player, nor (b) what he’s actually asking for in terms of a modified deal.

But regardless, that pick we traded to Philly should have been conditional on the player actually reporting and playing…

NY Jets68, ouchy and stinkyB like this.
  4. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

I wonder who his agent is? This isn't going to make the agent look good in the eyes of other players.

5. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Anything anti-jets and Cowherd will be on it like stink on shjit.

6. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

Douglas said he is not trading Reddick so it is the right move, Reddick needs to accept it and he can go fuck himself

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to agree here. I don't know how we can hold JD's feet to the fire on this one. Has this guy shown up to one practice/team activity since his trade? From what I understand, he's never set foot on NY Jets "soil" so to speak so... Look, players get dealt all the time. It's the nature of the beast. Yeah, the team may be down a lineman but this dude is doing nothing but shooting himself in the foot. As Bill Parcells always used to say, he coaches who is on the field. "We" don't worry about anyone who isn't in the building. If H.R. wants to go "out" this way then that's his problem. There are plenty of young guys who will take that spot. They may not be as good but they WANT to be there and that's half the battle.

I think JD does exactly what is reported. If that fool, HR, doesn't want to show up then fine him back to the stone age, take every dime, and let him rot. Question for the folks who know a bit better: If H.R. pulls this crap where he shows up some 8-9 games into it, can the Jets refuse him entrance to the facilities, thus FORCING him to come back NEXT year for another go around? Actually, I guess they could simply not put him on the 53, regardless of him showing up, and let him rot period. I'd do it out of spite seeing as he couldn't drag his useless ass to at least ONE team activity in the offseason. What a loser...

Fiftynine and JetFanInNE like this.
  8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Meet pettiness with even more pettiness: stick to your guns and refuse to trade him. When he inevitably decides to return, park his ass on the bench. Make him a special teamer or something like that. Fuck this guy, wanna play then let’s play!

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He was going to hold out in Philly if he didn’t get a new deal. Why did Joe think he wouldn’t do the same here? Why wasn’t this addressed before the trade?

It’s pretty easy to hold the front office accountable. It doesn’t make Reddick any less of a dickhead, but it shouldn’t be a surprise that he wanted a new deal regardless of where he was going to play.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

There's no way the guy is going to sit the whole season. He's not going to give up all that money. What's more than likely going to happen is he's going to show up, then magically have a "hamstring issue" that will last the entire season.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah you got to make 100% sure the guy is going to actually show up before you trade for him. This is a big gaffe

12. mezzavo

Right, but somewhere I read that the Jets made "some kind" of "see what they got" offer, Reddick agreed then proceeded to not bother to show up at all. He's never actually been in the building. My assumption is Philly wasn't going to cave to his demands concerning a renegotiation and/or trade destination so they did they best they could. The Jets, on the other hand, were holding Reddick to his word that he would come in during the offseason activities/training camp and "show" what he could do.

Bottom line, the dude is....was a beast. However, there's no way in hell JD hands this dude $25+ mill per year in an extension sight unseen. Maybe he's no longer beast worthy. I'm not mad at JD for trying to better the team. Let Reddick rot. You don't do business this way...especially if there really was some kind of understanding where Reddick was supposed to show up in some form or fashion.

blackssmagic likes this.
  13. mezzavo

How? If a dude tells you he's going to show up, lies through his teeth and then doesn't....how do you mitigate that? Send a bounty hunter after his lazy backside.

I'm telling you. If this guy isn't in the building and ready to play snap 1 in San Francisco, you park his ass somewhere where he can do nothing. Best part about the NFL, especially those non-guaranteed contracts, if you don't play you don't get paid. The Jets could essentially not put him on the 53 and that ends all that.

blackssmagic and JetFanInNE like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Trade him to Carolina.

mezzavo, blackssmagic, ouchy and 3 others like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's if you believe Connor Hughes' explanation. I don't. Hughes is a mouthpiece for the front office

Jonathan_Vilma and Since1969 like this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

JD can't trade him because other players would think they can mess with the Jets. For the sake of the organization, they won't trade Reddick. Reddick is a fool!

blackssmagic and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets basically traded a 3rd round pick to adopt an ugly contract holdout. Somebody must have pictures of Douglas cavorting with livestock or something.

18. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Let him sit out. As long as he wants. As amazing as it is, a lot of these guys live paycheck to paycheck. He won't be able to afford sitting out when the season starts.

mezzavo likes this.
  19. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

If you can trade him to an NFC for a second round pick (maybe a third if it is a really bad team) I say do it, otherwise let him sit out and continue to lose money.

mezzavo likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Tory Dandy and Jimmy Sexton of CAA Football.

Too soon to tell how this will influence other players. As of now all anyone can see is that the agents are playing hardball for their guy - isn't that what every player wants?