Gronk - Torn ACL?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Section 336, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Reported on Fox postgame - MRI to confirm tomorrow.

I think this will seriously hurt the Pats O going into the playoffs, could be a 1 and done.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Pat's can't win in the playoffs anyway

3. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Such a big guy gets injured a lot. Back. Forearm. Acl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mitch_Dumstein

Roids Juice PEDs

Grokretard is basically a fountain of illegal substances and along with the Murderer a fitting face of the sleazy NE franchise

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Torn ACL is confirmed.

If you look at the video of the tackle that caused this you can see that the hit came low and directly hit the knee sideways as the leg was on the turf. I think anyone could have gotten ligament damage from it. The DB T.J. Ward is of course blaming the NFL (I can't go high so I have to go low), which IMO is completely missing the point. Defensive backs in today's NFL have no clue how to tackle - the only thing they know how to do is launch themselves at an offensive player. Ward knew he would have been run over if he had tried to actually tackle Gronkowski (that is, wrap him up), so he did what everyone does, cut the player down at the legs. Most times nothing bad happens from doing that. Sometimes you pulverize a player's knee.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

How many times can they rebuild him?

7. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

How is a DB supposed to tackle someone as big as Gronk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

goodnight, sweet prince.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

As long as the refs don't get hurt, I think you have to like their chances.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I know, talk about the "12th" man, right?

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Hahaha... like I said the other day, the zebras were quick to fill the absence left by Gronk in that game.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

let me preface this by saying i strongly dislike rob gronkowski, he is the epitome of everything that is wrong with sports. just the typical meat head.

dbs have tackled guys for many many years, you can go to youtube and look at quite a few videos on how to do it. never have i ever seen in one of them someone tell a tackler to lauch his head and shoulder directly at the other players knee.

the reason for this is because thats fucking off limits territory, YOU DONT HIT SOMEONE IN THE KNEES. it has now become common practice and pussies, yes guys like ward are complete fucking cunts of men, use the excuse of well i cant hit high so i am going to hit low.

fuck that mess the nfl needs to put rules in against this shit at this point. back years ago guys just understood thats not how you play the game. these cunts dont care anymore.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

AND it wouldnt be as much of a problem if you didnt have 270 lb guys running around like they weighed 205, which another whole issue to get into with the use of illegal everything these guys have used to make themselves bigger, stronger and faster. its ruining the fucking game.

15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Um, not sure how much experience you have playing football, but the best way to take down someone much bigger than you is to go low. Everyone knows that.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I played safety and I'm not a huge guy but I grew up watching guys like Ronnie Lott, Kenny Easley and Steve Atwater and these guys didn't need to go at a guys knee to get him down. They were all big hitters and could lay the wood but they were all solid tacklers in the open field.

I blame the new rules but it's also the player, none of these guys know how to tackle and are always looking for the big hit.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

go low doesn't equate to going to the knees. the rules may not forbid it yet, but it is still a bullshit play.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Believe it or not, the league might actually feel that it benefits, longterm, from this ACL epidemic.

The headshots are banned. Now, they'll have reasons to ban low shots, too.

So, eventually, they're becomes a target or zone on the player.

This leads to greater difficulty on Defense, and therefore, much shittier Defense. Which leads to lots of Offense & points. Which leads to a larger league-wide fanbase because the general public enjoys exciting Offense.

Of course, I mean all of this from a longterm perspective.

It's quite remarkable how the NFL Front Office can actually force the evolution of the sport.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you retroactively try to make the game safer. As the players got bigger, faster, and stronger, the NFL didn't really change rules much except for QBs once Carson and Brady got hurt with low shots. Now because the concussion issue came up they are trying harder to make the game safer for everyone, not just the offensive stars.

It needs to start from the pee wee football all the way up to fix tackling and how to tackle properly and how to tackle without getting a penalty. And for me, by big thing is that they need to develop a better helmet. The helmet is supposed to be protection, not a way to lay a big hit

But the NFL also has to realize, no matter how many hits you make illegal, people are going to hurt because the sport is about hitting people over and over and over again.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Try hitting above the waist on a big guy like Jerome Bettis (When he was good) and let me know how that works.

I'm not saying to put a helmet into a guy's knees, but when a guy is too big to take straight on, you take out his legs.