Gronk retires (Un-retires and signs with Bucs)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GWjet, Mar 24, 2019.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Sorry for the dual post.

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Good riddance.

Now if only Brady & Belichick would go away.

:)

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Looks like hes making a comeback ... with the Bucs ... trade completed pending physical

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

He was virtually arthritic before he retired. I expect this will go about as well as bringing Matt Kalil out of retirement.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nice weapons for Tommy Checkdown.

Would love to see this thing crash and burn.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sadly this might work.

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not me, I’d love to see them win the Super Bowl if it’s not the Jets.

I hated Brady and Gronk because they were Patriots; on any other team I’d have been indifferent or even a fan of them.

Now that they are on the Bucs they don’t matter to me, but I still hate the Patriots and any situation that could make them look bad or aggravate their fans, sign me the fuck up. if the Bucs win it’s salt in the wound to the Patriots, which is far more satisfying than seeing the Bucs lose no matter who us on their team.

not to mention, if Belichick struggles without Brady but Brady wins without Belichick, all the credit of the Pats dynasty shifts to Brady, even if it’s just a whisper that Belichick was a losing coach that lucked into the GOAT. Seeing even the slightest ding to Belichick reputation is deserved and satisfying.

Go Bucs!

jco2007, nycarl, blackssmagic and 4 others like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They need to fix that line badly. Unless the NFL transfers the rules of allowing the Buccaneers to hold at the LOS, like they did the Patriots, Brady is going to get sacked a lot more down there than in Foxborough.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They picked up a decent guard in FA. Obviously they can also line up 2TE. They aren’t done yet

10. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Gronk will have to go back to the roids to gain all that muscle weight back. If the BUCs are able to keep their other Tight End, O.J. Howard they will definitely have a formidable offense.

The strange thing is many Patriot fans are claiming they will be rooting for the BUCs and Tom Brady to win the Super Bowl, even over the Patriots. This makes me wonder if they were Tom Brady fans all along instead of Patriots fans.

I being a real Patriot fan will never root for Brady and the Bucs over the Patriots.

Look the Patriots could lose every game for the rest of my living life and I will always be happy to know they won 6 Super Bowls. Had they never won a Super Bowl I would still be a Patriots fan because I am a real Patriots fan.

For those of you who are still Jets fans even after all the misery, I respect you for being real Jets fans.

For those of you who want to jump ship because the Jets are going through tough times, go away because you are not real Jet fans!

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Get bent.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The fuckin Bucs are gonna be so fun to watch!

I said it before and I'll say it again, I am pumped to watch Brady kick ass in Tampa Bay and make Bellichick look like a moron.

Brady and Gronk had this whole thing planned out in 2019. Brady knew, per his remarks, that he was out in 2020. I guarantee you he planned this with Gronk.

It's gonna be fun watching the best QB to ever live in that offense with no worry about New England and Bellichick winning another title. If he wins one in Tampa Bay, that would be bad ass.

14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I love a good conspiracy theory but nothing could come of this without Belicheat agreeing to trade Gronk. The Bucs stepped up giving up a 4th so it worked out but not sure it was planned in advance knowing they'd need the blessing of Belicheat. I'm more upset that the Cheatriots gained a 4th for a guy that had retired and wasn't on their team last year nor in their future plans..

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I heard he's been packing on pounds.

The Bucs will be a fun watch.

I've always liked Arians.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Of course this relied on Bellichick, but you think for one second he wouldn't trade a guy who is retired for some type of compensation? How could he pass up the idea of a draft pick for a guy that is otherwise not playing on your roster?

I am not one who dabbles in conspiracy theories whatsoever, but this whole situation feels planned. Brady leaves New England and claims in a recent interview that he always knew his career would move elsewhere since 2019. Then Gronk spends a year resting and partying, like he wanted. Brady signs with a team that is stacked offensively. Suddenly Gronk comes out saying he wants to play again, but only with Brady. Immediately takes a physical with Tampa Bay. Trade is finalized.

That was planned, 1000%

17. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I'd be more comfortable with that theory if Gronkowski hadn't lost all that weight after he retired. Now, he has to put it all back on, probably through the wonders of modern chemistry. That can't be good for a guy who was already breaking down physically before his retirement.

18. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles after Gronk signed....

[​IMG]

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I bet he plays around 250 pounds which should be no problem at all for him.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

TB12! Brady is such a hump on top of being an attention whore. I don't belong to social media, but of course the whole world was made aware that he posted a black and white picture standing in the tunnel of a Stadium. You COULDN'T avoid knowing about it even if you lived in a cardboard box. When did he do that? The day before the Super Bowl. Why did he do that? To generate conversation about where he might be going because wah, nobody was talking about him enough during Super Bowl week. Fck that guy.

So now that Gronkcheatski unretired we'll get to see him advertising Tide Pods to get the skid marks out of his Bucs shorts instead of his Cheats shorts. Ewww . . . !