Great game yesterday Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYCBillsFan, Sep 16, 2016.

1. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

The season isn't over yet, but it is shaping up to be a tire fire in WNY. OC Greg Roman canned after week 2. Bills start 0-2. Not to take anything away from the Jets because they thoroughly handled the Bills. The game was further out of reach than the score would indicate. Hats off to you guys and hopefully we can make week 17 a meaningful game for both the Jets and Bills.

Ugh, this is getting just plain ridiculous..........

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We feel your pain.. Mainly because we've seen this movie before. Rex will start to make emotional appeals to the fanbase. He may even cry in front of the players like he did here. He will realize that this firing is viewed as nothing more than scapegoating and his "brand" can't take anymore hits like these recent ones. If you guys don't start winning PDQ, Pegula won't have a choice just like Woody didn't have a choice. Pegula can't afford to lose his fanbase and can ill afford an open fan revolt. Who's head will roll? I think we know that answer but unless things go completely to hell, Pegula won't eat that contract and you're stuck with Sexy Rexy until season's end.

This is what the circus looked like here. Sucks to have a front row seat doesn't it...

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sorry you have to go through the circus. IMO you should've waited til your bye to do anything. Then if you wanted to fire someone fire Rex and Rob, promote Roman to HC and Lynn to OC, and keep Thurman at DC.

Out of curiosity @NYCBillsFan what do you think of Whaley? I don't really know how good a GM he is and I'm interested in your take.

4. NYCBillsFan

I actually saw the circus in NY.. I live in Manhattan and watch the Jets more than the Bills (because they rarely televise the Bills). I felt bad for Rex, but in his final 2 years, I knew that Wood had to can him. I was hoping that Rex was a changed man. Looks like that isn't the case. I'll still hold out hope, but I expect Rex to be gone at season end too.

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  5. NYCBillsFan

He's brought in some nice talent and has definitely upgraded the roster, but he can't pick a QB to save his life. That could be his demise, but finding FA gems like Hughes and Incognito are great. He's a little risky in the draft, but I like what he's done so far.

6. Cman68

We liked Rexy too... In the beginning.. Then he started talking and talking and talking. That was the beginning of the end of his run here. He was living off those back to back losses in the AFCCG his first two years. After that, it became theatre.

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We tried to warn the Bills fans about Rex, he is a car salesman, he can sell sand in the desert.

He has a great personality, but it takes more than that to win in the NFL.

The silver lining for you guys is that Pegula has already given the ultimatum and Rex will be fired at the end of this season.

NYCBillsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

If Rex is your coach week 17 it'll be Rex Bowl 15, or so. He only gives his all in games vs the Pats, meaningless eos "feel good" games, and teams that have "slighted" him.

JetsNation06 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Rex is a great salesman for a really fast car with no brakes, poor handling and terrible safety features. You may win some races but there's a pretty good chance you'll end up in a ditch upside down on fire.

#9 abyzmul, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's nothing more than a glorified defensive coordinator who's in over his head as a head coach.

So thankful that our Jets landed Todd Bowles in replace of Rex Ryan. Todd Bowles is night and day compared to Rex. No more loud mouth predictions. No more #6 Mark Sanchez tattoos. No more laughable front page remarks etc.

Coach Bowles is disciplined, focused & literally gives the media/opposing teams nothing to write about nor anything to use as motivation. He's just a leader who leads by example, rather than words.

Cman68, NCJetsfan and NY Jets68 like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

And also can't manage the clock to save his life.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

That's exactly why he got canned today.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

That "Circus"you speak of brought us two AFC Title games and the most success we have had since Namath.I get it Rexs act got tired and things went south but to see people act like it was only a circus is obnoxious.Its even more annoying knowing he knocked us out of the playoffs last year is even worse

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Again, classy post. I'm sorry that you have to endure the pain of having Rex Ryan as your HC. You have my sympathies. It's obvious that you deserve better. Good luck! I will always be open to discussing football with you.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

It was a circus. Idzik ruined Ryan. Tim Tebow circus would've never happened under this front office either. What Rex was able to do with Sanchez and our defense during 2009 & 2010 were magical seasons but it all went down from there. His last 4 season's were atrocious going 8-8, 6-10, 8-8 & 4-12.

Rex Ryan tattooing Sanchez' #6 jersey number on himself was a circus act within itself. He was more like a fan/friend than an NFL H.C. It was time for Ryan to go.

Imo he's an undisciplined loud mouth who's a glorified defensive coordinator and has no business as an NFL head coach.

Todd Bowles is a breath of fresh air compared to Ryan and Maccagnan as a talent evaluating G.M is God sent in replace of Idzik.

Rex Ryan slowly started to coach this team into the ground.

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You guys can't let go, can you? Move this shit out of the NY Jets to the NFL forum where it belongs!

17. Cman68

Just a few quick reminders... First, those two AFC Title games were... wait for it.... wait for it... BACK TO BACK LOSSES. The GOAT and his loudmouthed team lost both games. Second: Under The GOAT, the team did more talking just like their coach. The team had become a LAUGHINGSTOCK not only around the Tri-State, but nationwide. Third: Success is relative. This Team's 2 year run at the VLT is just a blip on the overall 47 year screen. Only losers cling to losses. Nobody gives a shit about who lost. The Loser usually becomes a trivia question, not some legend to be discussed 5 years down the road.

Now about that circus we so fondly remember.. Rex and his mouth turned this organization into a joke. ALL TALK, no results. Then the team started to become dysfunctional on the field as well. We were mediocre on defense and a f'n trainwreck on offense under the GOAT. Bless his heart he kept the team on the back pages. Hell, he even got a ratings boost when Woody brought in Tebow. PT Barnum would have loved Ryan.

In closing, lets just keep our "fond memories" of the GOAT in perspective. He's gonna get fired up in Buffalo and if there's a God in heaven, won't be destroying any more franchises. Hopefully a nice fat ESPN contract is in his future. That way he gets to TALK TALK TALK and get paid handsomely for it. If you want to cling to those back to back AFCCG LOSSES, knock yourself out. You won't be alone as there are at least 4 other posters who do the same.

#17 Cman68, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Jets69 likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It was a circus almost from day one. Some of us bought it for longer than others, some of us are still buying it apparently.

19. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

All true. But a franchise like the Jets who have had almost a half century of futility, back to back AFCCG loses is something of a bright spot. Rex is a clown, and as it turns out a pretty bad NFL coach, but he is arguably the most successful Jets HC since Weeb.

I wasn't born for the '69 win, and I was too young to really be a fan during the '80s. All I have is Parcels one year in '98, and Rex. 1/162011 is the best feeling the NYJs have given me in my lifelong fandom, and Rex Ryan was the HC.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. Cman68

Well Bart, I feel sorry for you and hope that in your lifetime you'll get to see the Jets on Broadway. In the meantime, don't base your Jet appreciation on losses. That's what mediocre organizations and fans do. Think about it. Rex lost two of the most important Jet games since SB3 and that makes him the most successful Jet HC? What does that say about the franchise on whole? Frankly, it says we sucked for a really long time.

Using the Bills as an example, do you think they rave over losing 4 SB's? Hell no. I would imagine they rarely even discuss it.

Point being, look to success for satisfaction, not losses. Look ahead, not back. Rex Ryan is not the GOAT. He's not Weeb either. He's Rex Ryan, Lord of No Rings..

joe likes this.