great blue north report on bollinger

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ekaarons, May 4, 2006.

1. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

great blue north report said that bollinger will probably be gone due to the excess q.b.s. on the roster.pennington will start throwing june 1st.lets keep our fingers crossed.

2. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I'd prefer we keep bollinger on the team and let go of ramsey. Ramsey is a loser, Brooks has upside.

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I think they would be smart to carry 4 QBs if they could. If Chad isn't ready or goes down again we'd only have 2 QBs on the roster, one of them being a rookie.

#3 Kris 15, May 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
  4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

IMOc chad shouldnt even be on the depth chart till he can actaully play.. put the guy on pup list.

#4 hydro51, May 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
  5. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

No one knows for sure how Chad will be this year or how his injury will react once he starts thowing in practice type situations. But one thing is for sure this year he will not be rushed back in the lineup and try to throw a 50 yard bomb to impress anyone, he will continue to rehab and ride the pine. I think the Jets will make a full decision on Chad about midway through the year. Just my thoughts.

6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Pennington started throwing already, that report is wrong.

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

is that so.

cause according tannenbuam and mangini. they dont even know to what extent can chad participate in mini camp on friday.he will be doing something under doctor supervision .

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

He does? I haven't seen it.

How he's even in the NFL is beyond me.

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

i thought bollinger would be gone because he sucks

10. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

they both suck. but brooks is a career 3rd string guy. Ramsey atleast can start some games.but thats not even saying much. guy has thrown for 15+ interceptions in every season he has had signifant time to play. that goes for college and the pro's.. guy is a turnover waiting to happen on every throw.

11. DevTeam

Bollinger doesn't suck. He ran for his life behind a patchwork o-line last year and made some plays. Brett Favre in his hayday wouldn't have been able to do much more.

12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Dont lie to me.. if brett farve was our qb. coles would of had 1200 and 10 tds last season. bollinger needs all day to make good throws.. a real qb needs about 3 seconds

13. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I thought Brooksie did a pretty good job considering he was running for his life back there. Isnt that one of the things they liked about Cutler that he was on a team with a bad O-Line and was still able to function and able to take a hit and keep playing. I think Bollinger did that and he at least deserves to be a third string.

14. GreenMachine

Amazing...Because I saw the Tannebaum interview on NFL Network yesterday, and he said he had not started throwing...

15. hammer

hammer New Member

cluless

That's because you are clueless.

16. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I thought Bollinger was gutsy, smart, and resourceful. I think his arm wasn't nearly as bad as advertised. He reminded me of Damon Huard with a little bit more intelligence. I have no doubts that someone will pick him up when we get rid of him, and I think in the right system he could be one of the better backups in the league. Considering the state of our offensive line and our running game which was non-existent for weeks at a time last year, I thought Bollinger did a pretty decent job. The guy is probably never going to be a player who can win games on his own, but he will be a very capable backup for years. He'll probably end up somewhere like Carolina, or maybe even with the Giants.

-X-

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

When a coaching staff doesn't trust a QB to throw the ball, that QB doesn't belong in the league. It is one thing to be a homer, but the infatuation with Bollinger by some is mindboggling. The kid should never have been drafted. He was a scrabling QB at Wisconsin with a completion percentage in the low 50s. Sure he may have been a "winner", but the guy just doesn't have the tools to be a successful starter or back-up in the NFL. The only way he should be on a roster is if he takes a Doug Pederson type role.

If the FO thought he had even a remote chance to help the team on the field they wouldn't have signed Fiedler last season, wouldn't have signed Testaverde, wouldn't have attempted to sign Mauck, wouldn't have attempted to trade for Shaub and wouldn't have drafted Clemmens.

18. DevTeam

Our old FO was obviously comprised of a bunch of mindnumbingly stupid people. I think we can all agree on that. Remember, both Ramsey and Bollinger are easily cut this season. There's only one year left on both contracts.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow kept all four, because there's a good chance that Pennington will sit all year, or be put on the PUP list. I think our depth chart, when the season starts is probably going to be 1) Ramsey 2) bollywood 3) clemens. I'm starting to doubt whether or not Pennington is even on active roster come September. He might fail his physical.

19. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

He's a backup. I don't think anyone expected him to be the starter. With that in mind, the focus of this thread is whether or not he is worthwhile to keep around as a backup. In his first season as a starter, with nearly nothing to work with, he had a pretty solid season filling in.

As far as trusting the quarterback to throw the ball, I think our last regime proved that they didn't trust ANY quarterback to throw the ball. The level of ineptitude that our head coach showed making offensive decisions was beyond compare. You can't fault Bollinger for that. Once they became comfortable with him and actually allowed him to throw, he did a pretty good job.

-X-

20. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

first off, how do any of you know Brook's full potential? He played behind a line that was so atrocious that it allowed severe injury TWICE to Jets QBs in one week! To tell you the truth, none of you know what Brooks could do with a decent Oline. The kid had guts and was going against all odds imo. He was great with his decisions to get out of the pocket and run, and his arm was much stronger then Chads was when he first came back.

None of us know how any of our QBs will perform behind the new more solid Oline we have now. I am not saying that Brooks is a great QB or that he should even be on the team this year. I am saying that we should be judging him from last years performance. He was taking snaps from a crapy center who shouldnt have even been playing that position, and the oline was like swiss cheese.

IMO of all the QB we burned through last year, Brooks actually gave us the best chance to win with the line he had protecting him.

Kid had guts and to tell ya the truth some of the most exciting games we had last year was with Brooks Bollinger behind center. I actually really enjoyed watching the kid play.

#20 fake_crs, May 4, 2006
    Last edited: May 4, 2006