Got a Trade Offer

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by BakerMaker, Oct 10, 2011.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I am in a 12 man keeper league where you get to keep 3 keepers per year. My usual 3 are Tom Brady(Which pains me as a Jet fan to have), Greg Jennings and Maurice Jones Drew. I was propose this trade by a fellow player....

I give up:
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    RB Daniel Thomas

He gives up:
    RB LaGarrette Blount
    WR Reggie Wayne

I think I am going to turn this down but I wasn't too sure.

My other WR and RB are:

WR: Jennings, Boldin, Mike Thomas, Steve Breaston, David Nelson
    RB: MJD, Tim Hightower ,Willis McGahee

2. NickD

NickD New Member

I might take that. With emerging talent Victor Cruz, Nicks will continue to see less targets. Wayne is a solid WR1 and has more value with Painter throwing the ball. Blount is a mega upgrade over Thomas.

I'll be looking to make a similar move to trade Nicks and Gates for a RB and WR this week.

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Fuck that. Nicks is a borderline keeper and too be honest as good as Wayne is I still dont think he put up.any numbers close to Nicks. Also, Blount is better than Thomas obviously but Miami will be constantly running the ball and I think the Bucs are looking to resurge there passing game.

I wouldn't take the trade, maybe for a more solidified WR but other than that I'd say no.

4. NickD

NickD New Member

Didn't see it was keeper. Thomas and Nicks could be more valuable next season than Blount and Wayne. But this trade is close.

As for this season:

Wayne 22 rec 332 yds 1 TD (6 potential 100 yd performances left on schedule)
    Nicks 28 rec 412 yds 3 TDs (5 potential 100 yd performances left on schedule)

These guys are closer than people think. I don't see Wayne out performing Nicks, but I can see him keeping pace.

Thomas 41 att 202 yds 0 TDs, 4 rec 37 yds 1 TD, 1 FL (on a shitty team that will depend on his productivity even though he's only played in two games)

Blount 77 att 328 yds 3 TDs, 4 rec 58 yds 0 TDs (on a mediocre team that can get behind and forget about Blount's effectiveness)

At this point in the season, I see Blount and Wayne having more upside than Thomas and Nicks, but for next season, Wayne could get phased out in favor of younger receivers much like Donald Driver this season.

5. BakerMaker

Well my top 3 keeper wise will probably be once again MJD, Tom Brady and Jennings so this move would be strictly for this year.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

since NickD said take it, I'd not. he has the knowledge of a thimble.

7. NickD

NickD New Member

At least I provide some reasoning and analysis for my opinions and observations.

Most of the fantasy advice spewed on this board is very subjective. A lot of trade advice is based on qualitative guess-timates with no quantitative analysis.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

Your adelphepothia cacoethes are witzelsucht, such that you remind me of a slubberdegullion.

I wish you a wanweird and hope you recollect this charientism and recumbentibus with mulligrubs.

Good day to you, sir.

9. NickD

NickD New Member

Way to go all out. So you're an asshole with a large vocabulary or thesaurus. Congratulations, I hope it serves you well, but here it hasn't as I have not discussed incestial urges. Maybe discussing fantasy football gives you flashbacks to the time you raped your sister?

Your insults will not keep me from issuing fantasy advice at my leisure with some factual knowledge behind it, so you better get use to it.

10. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

NickD got banned? What a shock. I thought he was campaigning for fantasy football forum moderator.

11. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I would never take that. Nicks is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL, and a great red zone target. He's a definite keeper for next year. Wayne is getting older, and with the QB uncertainties in Indy I don't think he's on the same level as Nicks. Blount is an upgrade over Thomas, but not enough to let Nicks go.

You do have 4 keepers, so you can look to unload one of yours since you only have 3... just remember their value. You could probably get a haul for Tom Brady right now. I would target Rice, McFadden, or Calvin Johnson.

12. BakerMaker

Well Blount is going to be out for a while so we can forget this lol.

13. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

I wouldn't take it because I hate reggie wayne with Painter at QB, if Manning was there it is a different story. Why give up Nicks who is in a pass happy offense. Blount is currently injured and reports are a possble 4-6

14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Hey, what exactly are we supposed to ban him for in that post?

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The mulligrubs!

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You suck at fantasy football.

17. NickD

NickD New Member

Yep, I sure do... this season at least. 1-6 in one league. 4-3 in another. My advice has been about 50%. But then most of that has been plagued with injuries.

I have/had Charles, Blount, Hightower, Gates and Janakowski on the 4-3 team. The 1-6 team is worse.

Last season, I won one league and finished third in two others.

Predicting football is a crapshoot. I'm sure some seasons you suck at it too.

18. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Mr.E never sucks at anything.
    DIAF,F.