Goo Fudge

Discussion in 'Draft' started by casman02, Mar 30, 2012.

1. casman02

casman02 New Member

I know several people have talked about him before the draft so figured I post that due to another failed drug test (via pot brownie) he is facing a 4 game suspension and may just enter the supplemental draft. Get your hopes up again people!

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Is this just speculation, or has their been reports that he actually might enter the supplemental draft???

3. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

That's what I'm talking about!!!! I want him as our FS!!!

4. casman02

casman02 New Member

Just speculation at this point, he is appealing and if it is denied, he may try the supplemental. Here is the article : http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-bacarri-rambo-suspension-marijuana-brownie/1

I could be wrong, but did Janoris Jenkins go through the same thing last year and ended up transferring to UNA? That could be another option

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see what a team would be willing to give up for him.

I would risk a 3rd.

6. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'd go for a 2nd, the kid is a monstrous stud. PLUS it would mean that we could use our picks this year on non safeties. Usually I'm against losing future picks, but he's a first round player this year.

The only thing I'd be worried about is whether that 4 game suspension would be held up by Goodell.

7. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Great player, he would be a big help for our secondary

I don't know about the supplemental pick, next years class could have a good group of safeties that could go in the first two rounds

8. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Gladly GLADLY put up our 2nd to get him if he entered the supplemental draft. I'm going to hope n pray that it happens. This could be my Hanukkah present this year LOL

9. Green Hurricane

A potentially very good safety class, but one that he's at the front of. If it means spending that pick 12 months early, I'm doing it to get Rambo.

10. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Wow....the old "Dang pot brownies!" excuse. This had me in stitches when my eye rolled through the article.

He's on spring break with his boys in a house and he unwittingly eats fresh out of the oven just like grandma used to make brownie? In college?

Isn't the point of bullshit excuses to put some doubt in the listeners mind that the excuse maker was actually knowingly guilty of the alleged offense? Does he realize that his story makes the actual event of sitting around eating pot brownies on spring break with his friends sound like he was sitting around eating pot brownies on spring break with his friends?

Silly kids.

#10 PolygamyWinsChampionships, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

That's fair. IMO just being an LSU fan I'd love to see Badger or Eric Reid on this team next year. Though I wouldnt be upset if we did have Rambo

12. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

As good as the Badger is, he's just too small to be an NFL safety. I just can't see him succeeding without adding 30 lbs to his frame while maintaining his current speed and explosiveness. Shame really because if he had even normal measurables with his talent he'd be a top-15 pick easy.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

This would make a ton of sense and should be a very attractive move in the eyes of the organization. We would get a top talent at a position that we desperately need for a future pick. If we could give up a 3rd rounder for him, I would pull the trigger. He’s the FS this team needs and wouldnt cost us a pick in this years draft.

When would the supplemental draft be? Over the summer?

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I just want him on the team so I can wear a Goo Fudge Jets jersey thats baws

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

War Rambo! I would give a 3rd, even a 2nd for him. Natural safeties are a dying breed and Rambo can be the complete package.

Unless your top 5-10 pick bad enough for Honey Badger(Who I think will convert), the safety class is very scarce. TJ McDonald of USC is a flag prone player and may be the next tier.

16. Green Hurricane

Eric Reid is probably my favorite outside of Rambo, like Code said before. McDonald and the CRIMINALLY OVERRATED Ray Ray Armstrong are guys that everyone likes, but don't play like first rounders. Both need to really play this year to earn the hype.

17. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

He needs to get bigger, I still think with his skills he gets some kind of "rover" gig in the NFL where he gives opposing offenses hell

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Ok so you lose him for 4 games but you wouldn't be drafting him to be a 1 year stop gap. The 4 games is nothing. I would bet that even if he failed another once in the league the players union could fight it stating the 1st wasn't administered by the league.

19. Green Hurricane

It's the latter part of that which concerns me.

20. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

A stud at safety is hard to come across these days, teams lucky enough to have one reap off the benefits. I don't know too much about the NFL supplemental draft but I could imagine multiple teams like us, the Pats, Vikings, Cowboys, etc. would be lining up with draft picks for this guy.