Going to my first Jets game Sunday!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dabrowsk1, Sep 28, 2006.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That's right. I have been a fan all my life, through good and bad. And after 27 years I am finally going! A friend of my sister got tickets. We are getting there a couple hours early to do a little tailgating.

I have no idea of where we are sitting (frankly it doesn't matter). But if anyone is tailgating, I wouldn't mind meeting of my fellow TGGers.

I am really excited about Sunday. Today is a good day!!!!!!!!

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You better get loud in the stands! Enjoy yourself.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Try to get there AT LEAST two hours beforehand... more like 2 1/4 hours minimum... 2 1/2 is even better. By 2 hours before gametime, some of the parking lots get full and they start shutting down the entrances to some of them, then you get shunted out to Oshkosh.

By getting there a little earlier you also get to position yourself closer to an exit to a main artery (don't worry about the barriers across the exits, they get removed prior to the end of the game). Doing the above assures you of a fun tailgate (unrushed) while giving you a better chance of getting out of the parking lot without sitting in heavy traffic. Earlier is better!

Have fun at the game!

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ahhh, first jets game.

you picked a very nice game to be your first! enjoy it.

and like badger said, GET VERY LOUD

5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Thanks for the tips. I am really looking forward to tailgating, but not as much as the game.

I don't know the exact seats we have, but I do know they were $80.00 each. So where would that put me exactly?

Don't worry, I will be loud. And my sister has a big mouth, you will probably hear her on the TV, lol.

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

First game I ever went to was Vs. the Colts in what was Edwards first game as our HC. We lost 41-24 or something along those lines. Don't let it get you down if we don't win, it is a really fun time.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Hard to say, but I do know if $80 is face, it's not in the Mezzanine Section (middle teir). You're either Upper or Lower. If you can find out from the ticketholder what section you're in, go to StubHub and look at the layout of Giants Stadium and you'll know where you'll be at gametime.

8. jdjets

jdjets New Member

80.00 for this game is pretty good. if you're in lower you got a great deal.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Congrats man and give details when you come back!

Ill be going to my 1st when the Jets play Detroit!

10. bamjets

bamjets New Member

I went to my first Jets game in 2004 for the barn-burning 10-7 victory over the Browns. As bad as the game was it was still fun sitting in the Dawg Pound getting berated the whole game about how the Jets suck and then leaving with the victory.

I'm going back to Cleveland this year for the game for my second Jets game and then hopefully up to Green Bay in December.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Dabrowski:

The other thing you need to know is what NOT to bring when entering the stadium. They're a real pain in the ass now. You might want to read what they don't allow at the NYJ website.

Basically, nothing in containers. It you want to bring bottled water, you can, but the cap must be removed. If you show up with the cap on, they'll twist it off and throw it away, so my wife and I remove the caps beforehand and put them in our pockets. Then, when we get inside, we put the cap back on. All food must be open, even a bag of chips, peanuts, etc., but again... nothing hard (like coolers, etc.). Binoculars are still okay though.

You basically want to do most of your eating and drinking beforehand, which is another reason for getting there early, otherwise you'll pay $6.75 for a lousy 12 ounces of beer that tastes like tiger piss. The food there is expensive and the quality sucks.

12. bamjets

bamjets New Member

That's backwards from most stadiums I have been too. They will allow you to bring in bottled water, soda, etc but only if they are un-opened bottles. What is their reasoning for them needing to be opened?

13. Section 227. Row 5

With the cap on, you can hurl it and make a missile out of it. With the cap off, supposedly the contents will spill out and not be as much of a problem.

I know, doesn't make sense to me either, but that's what they do. You should see the perfectly good foodstuff that gets thrown in the trash near the turnstiles. My wife and I bring very little into the stadium these days.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You'll finish it faster, increasing the likelihood of you buying something inside the stadium.

15. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Agree.....im usually there by 10 for a 1 PM game.

16. Section 227. Row 5

If I roll in at 11, sometimes they've already shut down the entrance I like to use. Then you've got to wind your way around and it's a pain in the ass. It depends on the game, too. A game like this one, or the Patriots or even the Dolphins, add 1/2 hour to that, easily.

I know a guy who gets there before 7AM... claims you can just pull in and you don't even have to pay because the booths aren't manned yet and nobody cares. They do the whole breakfast thingy.

17. lude

lude New Member

Well... Where are your seats?

18. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

If the Jets have a big game in the next fews years I would like to do that. For 4 PM games im there by 12....its soo fun....tailgating is better than the game sometimes...when the jets lose.

19. NY-Jets18

NY-Jets18 New Member

been a jets fan for 7 years, havent been to a game yet, can never get tickets, u have a good time and enjoy the jets beating the colts =)

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Have a great time. I haven't gone to a NFL game, let alone a Jets game, at all in my life. I really want to get to a game one season.

#20 macbk, Sep 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005