Giants Benefit From Natural Disaster

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Did anybody notice that every time we have a natural disaster, the Giants end up with some advantage - extra home game because the opposition can't play at site of disaster, opposition has to travel to site of the disaster on game day because there are no hotel rooms, etc?

Maybe the Giants should have been forced to play this game in Pittsburgh so resources are not taken from where they are needed around NJ to police Met Life Stadium?

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Would you expect the league to do the right thing here? Funny when there were fires in San Diego in 2003 they had no problem moving the game to Tempe and to MNF. Hurricane Katrina damages the Super Dome... nah we can't move it to Houston, Orlando, San Antonio... let's move it to the Meadowlands and let Giant fans in for free.

Steelers.. they can fly in the morning of the game...no big deal. They could have easily moved the game to Philly so the Steelers could find a hotel and still close enough any Giant fans wanting to go to the game could still go. I also don't like the idea of them playing the game 2 minutes from Little Ferry that is still flooded.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This game should not be played a few miles away from disaster areas.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

some of you guys have a serious Giants complex. Its a natural disaster the NFL has bigger things to worry about than whether the Giants get benefits from it or not.

If you want to bitch that a game shouldn't be played that close to a disaster site, thats one thing, but acting like the Giants were done a favor by being allowed to play a home game at home is a little bit of a reach don't you think?

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

^Right but they are violating their own rules by making the Steelers fly in on the day of the game

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't care about the Giants. It doesn't make a difference for me if they win or lose. My point is this. Lots of people are in distress in the area and they are still allocating some resources towards the game. Christie should have asked NFL to move the game.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It's an hour flight. Not a big deal.

I do agree about the resources statement though. If they are going to cancel the marathon, then perhaps sports could be secondary too. But then again, the Knicks played the other night.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Faggot giants couldn't even beat the Steelers for us. (as if it mattered anyway) Still, the one time I felt obligated to root for the Giants.

9. thewire

thewire New Member

Bengals just killed them

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Since the disaster the Jets and Giants are 0-3 and been blown out twice.