Getting my xbox 360 !

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tight, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

Yep I decided to hell with waiting till'november I want my next gen now ! Going bright and early. Coming home and play some GRAW ! Any other 360 owners ?

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Congrats on your purchase of a $500 paperweight.

3. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

^^ Ignore the wiifanboy. You made a good purchase. I have graw, doa4 and burnout and all are serving me well.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

HAHAHA right on.

i almost thought about it then i decided to save my money. i could easily buy one and have money, i just dont like xbox, hear me out. lol

if it werent for Halo, nobody would even be talking about Xbox. Microsoft being an american company cant get the same licensing and game developers a company such as Sony can get overseas.

funny thing, xbox 360's caught fire and there was a re-call. not a sign of a good system. and I hope you dont get a hold of one where you have to download a patch to confuse the hardrive into running a different chipset.

anybody remember Sega Saturn? they bombed due to the disc format they used, they rushed their production to be one of the first "next gen" systems out. the industry used something else and games became very very expensive.

with the industry switching to blue ray dvd's very soon (which ps3 will be using) the same thing COULD (not saying it will) happen to 360. Whos one of the project designers of the 360? The same guy who developed the Saturn.

I'm sorry 360 to me, is nothing more then the Sega Dreamcast, a "next gen" system rushed out for quick profits.

not to mention that PS3 will be able to run at 1080p resolution. whats that? a resolution satelite nor cable can even broadcast yet.

cheers, have fun with your 360 but if your passing up on ps3 for 360 youve made a grave mistake.

oh and Nintendo Wii probably wont look as good as 360 but xbox will never be able to bring the nostalgia out of older gamers with the Franchise titles Nintendo will be barrading people with.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Nintendo Wii- an asinine name
    Maybe it is pronounced "Double U, eye, eye", but to me I'd go with "wee".

I like to urinate, but don't want to buy it.

6. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Congrats man, awsome purchase. Got mine back in Jan and have loved it since. Also check out Fight Night, its awsome when played with friends.

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

Just got it and I have to say I love it. For the wii fan boi, please send video of you swinging your controller around like an ape and screaming like a 6 year old when you get it.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

:rofl: :rofl:

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I have one, make sure you get the extended warranty, it rolls smooth if you have problems, if you dont (i never used to) it is troublesome to get it going, I love it, pretty much I play Morrowwond, Halo 2, and Madden

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't play video games often, but when I do it is exclusively sports games. PS3 would be the best way to go, correct?

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

From what you say, your more of a casual gamer. So get the 360 its cheaper and just as powerful and xbox live really is the greatest gaming community in the world.

13. wildthing202

Yes it is.

14. wildthing202

If you don't mind the occasional game freezing and overheated console, spend the extra $100 if you want to keep the console longer than a year.

15. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I have 360 and haven't had any issues with it. And what makes you think that PS3 wont have any issues when it comes out? all counsels do. Thats why they always have new generations of them.

16. Tight

Tight Active Member

Wow i take it that you already have a ps3, whered you get it ?
    I have A 1 year warrantY anyway as long as it doesnt drop off the television im safe.

17. wildthing202

How long? If you don't have a HD you should be ok and they already replaced the DVD drive in the system so later ones should be ok.....

18. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I have now had it about 6 months. I have a HDTV, and its the only TV I use it with. DVD hasn't had a problem, but then again i dont use it to watch movies... thats what a DVD Player is for

19. Tight

Tight Active Member

Maybe you should change your avatar , the controller doesnt look like that anymore./

20. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

PS3's only real big advantage over 360 is the blue ray player. So if ur looking for a video game system and a high quality dvd player by all means go for the PS3. But if you're like me and just want to play video games on your system save yourself $200 (plus 6 months wait) and go for the 360. It will have all of the sports games, GTA, Halo, and some other cool games on it (Gears of War looks incredible). I might buy a Wii sometime in the future, but unless there is a severe price drop I highly doubt I will ever get a PS3.