George Floyd

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mogriffjr, May 26, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly the point. They need something that's going to stick and put him behind bars. Not something that can be argued against.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

OK, everyone on here who has known me long enough knows that I live for Word Play. This one just writes itself: Chauvinist Pig Arrested.

I don't call or consider cops pigs, I don't believe in that; but like I said, this one just writes itself. IMO Derek Chauvin wasn't a policeman who was out to protect anyone. Wearing a uniform simply gave him an arena to fly under the radar to be the hateful sadist that he is and get away with it.

We're long past is it just a few bad apples. I think, however, that it's about time to have a true national discussion and confront the question head on: is most of the barrel rotten. Not all of the barrel, but MOST of it; because it's giving the good guys a really hard time when it's hard enough to do a nowadays mostly thankless job that nobody wants to do.

I am heartsick, I have a pit in my stomach, a leaden feeling all around, and a vague sense of dread. Anarchy is not the answer. I listened to the news for a 1/2 hr right after Chauvin's arrest and also listened to the Governor of Minnesota.

What I didn't hear from black leaders loud enough - or maybe it was just my bad luck that I wasn't tuned in at the right time - was the complete and utter denouncement of the looting and the rioting. What I did hear was the call to understand the anger. I call that call - speaking of calling - a purposeful lost opportunity in a teachable moment. Burning down a Mom and Pop business, someone who worked in your neighborhood to service you in your community, who likely will not rebuild, is a shame on top of a shame on top of a shame on top of a shame of what happened to George Floyd. Just stop it.

3. Brook!

Brook! 2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jeto for president. So fair.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Get him convicted of Murder..3rd degree will stick especially with witnesses and cameras rolling..send a Big message for Cops to watch it or they will get arrested

Minneapolis should blow up their Police Department and start from scratch

Trump and his comments follow his favorite script of Racial divisiveness..banking heavy on the Redneck vote.."the looting starts the shooting starts" (the redneck Miami sheriff in 1967)

its almost like we regressed to the 1960s with antisegregationists vs protesters

This country is just sad sad sad

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Here's something else that's really bothering me and I don't know if it's been mentioned. My apologies if anyone else has gone there. The old man actually saw the part of the video where EMS arrives, where at that point George Floyd was already deceased (thankfully it's been pulled for the most part).

This is the part that makes me even more ill, if that's even possible. EMS goes over and they take Mr. Floyd's pulse AROUND Chauvin's knee. CHAUVIN DOESN'T REMOVE IT. George Floyd is pretty much informally pronounced dead at that point, and nobody even attempts a life-saving measure? They don't say, "Get off the man, Officer! Get out of the way and let us do our job! We need to properly take his vitals and see if can revive him. GET OFF!" NOTHING OF THE SORT HAPPENED. He was just dragged more or less like a sack of trash across the pavement and kerplunked dead on the gurney.

No CPR. No heart massage. No defibrillator. Nothing. So on top of being murdered, WHAT IN THE GODDAMN HELL WENT ON THERE?!

Ralebird and Brook! like this.
  6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He was never given CPR when he was on the ground.....nothing here adds up. I'm not trying to open up a conspiracy theory but some of these things aren't make any sense. Where was George Floyd taken after? Where is the video or photo of Chauvins arrest? Where is the his mugshot? Why hasn't anyone clarified Floyds and Chauvins relationship of 17 years?

We have no proof Chauvin was arrested other than a statement. There has been so many botches in this whole thing that it makes you wonder what is going on.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

They were shutting down roads in NYC as well.

Protesting is cool but shutting down roads? Your just going to make people angry at you when it's not needed.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

10. typeOnegative13NY

It’s been going on for hours, not one cop there to disperse. Democrat politicians love this shit. They give stand down orders.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

Oh boy.

I will say this... since coronavirus was responsible for killing those with underlying health conditions , then the brutality in this case should be also considered the cause of death. What’s fair is fair

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You know, JFK also had preexisting conditions and intoxicants in his system when he died.

Acad23 likes this.
  13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

People still think Lee Harvey Oswalt acted alone.

14. typeOnegative13NY

So much for an arrest easing tensions

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I haven't checked the news, what now. :(

Edit: Hoo boy. I hope somehow @SOXXX2 is right about coronavirus...

16. Cman65

Cman65 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

ATL...

17. typeOnegative13NY

This may be the worst night yet because it’s popped off everywhere.

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Deblasio will go after beach-goers, but won't go after street-goes (people blocking up streets).

19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Just wait till they see that the autopsy says the he didn't die from strangulation but from a heart condition and something he ingested.

Chauvins going to beat this charge if that is the case.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Really great to see the country finally re-open!

:confused: