Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I’ll update as more come

Pags2112, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

"I worked for, CJ. That's how we're aligned."

This fucking guy... lmao

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I mean it’s true but some things are better off unsaid lol

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Agreed.

However, these quotes are quotes because he cant help himself apparently.

Its obvious what he is doing as well.

Zero accountability, irrational, defensive, and already using the "owner" as his scapegoat.

It's crazy.

We all know he had a big hand in it, which is fine, but don't act like your 12 making up excuses why Joe Blow caused you to miss curfew.

This obviously is the guy to lead us to multiple superbowls. I'm convinced. Sigh.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Gase said the same thing in Miami until he staged a power play. In NY he said he did not care about roster control until he got upset at FA signings and again staged a power play to get control of the roster. Why should anyone believe Gase this time? He has a history of lying, not getting along with others and causing internal drama.

A bigger concern is Gase's inflating ego causing him to cut players or hinder their development sort of like what Mangini did in Cleveland when he did not get his way on personnel. Leonard Williams, Bell, Q. William's, Maye and many other players should be really worried about Gase hurting them so his ego can get revenge on MAC.

alleycat9, CBG and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

What exactly am I witnessing here? This is some of the weirdest stuff I've yet seen as a sports fan of more than 45 years.

Is everything just going to somehow turn out alright, or is this imploding like nothing I've ever seen before?

I honestly don't know.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Let’s see how this plays out. I can see how Gase would be upset at not being able to talk with scouts and what he needs for the team. We just went through this with Mac and Bowles not being on the same page. While I don’t think Gase should be in control of the roster, he needs someone he can work in tandem with about conveying what he needs. As for trading away all of Macs guys, he has only traded Darron Lee who Mac was sitting on his hands all offseason on. I am not too concerned right now unless he does more than that.

jdon, NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Hope for the best, expect the worse.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So far Gase has ousted a bad GM and a disappointing linebacker. It's not a good look that he's already causing trouble (I don't believe a word he says to the media), but he hasn't done anything that will harm the team going forward. The real question is what happens next.

boozer32, egelband, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

A large number of teams limit coaches access to scouts. Coaches only spend a very small amount of time, often a few hours of watching film, on a player. Coaches can be very opinated and persuasive. FOs don't want coaches influencing or changing a scouting report that has taken 6 months to put together based on a coaches limited information.

Obviously. Coaches need to indicate the types of players and the player attributes they are looking for and that involves communication with the FO but not the individual scouts.

I would argue that coaches draftingthe players we will more likely end up with us taking players more often like Ghoulston, Sanchez, the the boar hunter and Ardarius Stewart than positive impact players.

#10 Noam, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    boozer32 and alleycat9 like this.
  11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s blaming CJ. CJ took responsibility of this during his conference call.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

This is why you need 1 vision, so that way the coach and GM are working towards the same goals in terms of the types of players they want to add

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I"ll admit that he could be lying, but I don't think he is. Look at it this way. If you were the HC of a team and your GM was hesitant and slow in making decisions, missed out on trades because of that slowness, wasn't considering your needs/wants for your offensive system, and knowing that his incompetence could make you look bad and maybe even get you fired, wouldn't you speak up and do something to try to make things better? I believe that Gase is a lot more knowledgeable and competent than Mac could ever dream of being. Gase is competitive. He wants to win. He feels a sense of urgency to get things straightened out and "right" and Mac had little or no sense of urgency.

I know that if I was in his shoes, I probably would have done the same thing. I would have had major problems with Mac. I would have tried to reason with him and work things out with him first, but if that didn't help, I would have gone to my boss, Chris Johnson and complained. Gase didn't have 5 years to work out a relationship with Mac. Mac's probably not gonna change very much. He has his way of doing things (slowly and methodically) and probably isn't capable of being decisive and making bold moves quickly.

#13 NCJetsfan, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    mrmajix, NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree but what we have seen with Gase iswe will only have vision his vision If anyone disagrees there will be drama.

It might be possible to find someone who can work with Gase but why risk the damage Gases ego can do to this team. Hire a new GM and immediately fire Gase.

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what everyone expects him to say lol

Did he have a hand in the firing, no doubt. But what does that solve if he says that publicly? Any rational person with a brain knows Gase played a large part in getting Mac fired, but that plays into the hands of many posters on here. People have been calling for Mac's head for a couple years now. Granted, I agree that maybe it should have been done before the draft and Offseason, but I truly believe that Johnson wanted to test Mac out and see what he does with money and a good free agency class. When he didn't go after offensive lineman and Barr backed out, I think that's when things took a turn for the worse for Mac.

Either way, Mac is gone, as many wanted. Let's let things play out and see who we hire. As of right now, we have an offensive minded head coach, a much improved roster, a franchise QB, and a future hall of fame running back. I'll start to worry when we get closer to the season if no one is hired. Until then, I'm not very worried about the situation at the moment

16. NCJetsfan

Talk about a circus and being the laughingstock of the sports world! That would be the worst possible move that Chris Johnson could make.

Personally, unless you have proof that with Chicago and Denver that Gase lied and caused a bunch of drama, I think you should cool it with that kind of talk. It's easy for us fans to sit back and criticize when we aren't in a HC's seat. We don't have the pressure on us to win. He's fighting for his very career, and had a GM that wasn't working with him, considering his needs, and was making moves that weren't really going to help the team in Gase's estimation. Those things would make Gase's job a lot harder and make him look less competent. I don't blame Gase one bit. Mac needed to go, and Noam helped get that done. IMO ALL Jets fans owe Gase a debt of gratitude instead of all the slander and complaining.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't get the rancor.

What was so wrong with what he said?

Sounds like a straight shooter to me.

Jake, Red Menace, IDFjet and 6 others like this.
  18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with what he said lol

19. NCJetsfan

It's all perspective. How we respond to things like this says more about our mind set than it does Gase.

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Reports are Miami had too many people with input. Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase and seemingly they weren’t always thinking in sync.

The most important vision is the coaches, Belichick has stated this, Parcells has stated this, Saban has stated this.

I don’t see anything wrong with ego, if Gase feels things can work out for the best if we do it the way he needs it to be done.

Think about it this way. If we force players upon him that don’t allow his vision to come to fruition then it’s going to fail no matter what. But if we supply him with the tools he wants/needs then there’s a chance it may work.

If it does fail, I rather we go out with him at least having the necessary pieces to make it work because at least we can tell the next coach that we’re going to supply you with everything you need, it’s up to you to make it work.