Gase and Bell spoke both Wednesday and Thursday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, May 17, 2019.

1. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

For those concerned about the relationship:

https://nypost.com/2019/05/16/how-a...medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

"A source said Gase and Bell have been in constant contact since the offseason program began last month despite Bell not being in Florham Park for most of the workouts. The two communicated after the Maccagnan firing both on Wednesday and Thursday, and the conversations have been positive, according to the source."

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The unnamed source is probably some Jets summer intern who started Monday and was tested by having to put the right spin on the story. I'd give him a solid "B."

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gase thought Bells price tag was too high..big whoop. This shouldn't really offend a player..Privately, maybe Gase and Mike Tomlin share the same views on his attitude as a player

Talk is cheap...we will know the real truth when TC starts: Bell with be there or he won't

OTOH LB has a reputation of being a Drama Queen and he managed to turn off most of the Pitt Fanbase. Will that continue here? Who knows?

After a year of sitting around I think the guy just wants to play football and he has $ incentives with his contract

Hopefully, This will supersede a possible personality clash with Gase..but for the time being I think the HC did the right thing by talking to him and not ignoring media created issues

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its all rosy until the first tough streak and Bell starts to complain about something.

BrowningNagle, CBG and dmarz45 like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What has Bell complained about in the past other than wanting to be paid what he’s worth?

6. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Well, this whole episode makes Gase appear to have all the hand. Might give him a little edge in motivating players. I dunno.

7. Cman68

He was on a team that functions far better with a winning legacy. This will be an entirely new experience for him. He didn't exactly get along with Big Ben if memory serves.

Footballgod214 and CBG like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

That's not saying much. I'll just leave it at that.

9. Cman68

But playing for the Jets after playing for the Steelers is a step down in class. Bell will have to get used to the difference. If the team hits hard times, don't be surprised if he sounds off... After winning a lot, losing isn't something easy to come to grips with.

BrowningNagle and twown like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

Not for nothing, it sounds pretty terrible being a Steeler unless you fit a certain... mold...

But either way it's not like the guy had a great experience there. From the coaching staff to the front office to the owner.

11. Cman68

True, but at least he and the team were relevant... Not the case in NY..

#11 Cman68, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Gase could either blame the media “Hey Leveon those reports aren’t true Manish is an opportunistic piece of s***”

Or preferably tell him the truth and say he simply had disagreements about how much a runningback should be paid but that doesn’t mean he didn’t want him to come here. Surely Bell is a great fit for Gases offense.

Brook!, ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

The bolded is why this is so much more confusing. Although Gase is indeed stupid, he has to realize that Bell is an elite RB both running and receiving. Gase's offense is predicated on getting the ball to these types of players and letting them do their thing. If you have all the money in the world to spend, a young franchise QB making peanuts and a glaring hole at RB... why would you be unhappy with getting Bell for the price we got him at?

I mean the obvious answer is Gase isn't good at what he does, and that's probably the most likely answer honestly, but I'd like to think that a lot of this is fabricated or at the very least overblown by the media.

14. BroadwayAaron

Oh we are relevant. There's no doubting that.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Comparing the Jets and the Steelers is like apples and animals,,,,,,The Steelers have competent ownership . the organization and team is well respected and they have actually won not only games but championships in the last 5 decades. The Jets,,,,,,,well they have not won so much and I did not even mention the difference in media coverage , not even close. Hopefully the team wins and all is well in the world but IMO shake well, pull pin and run for your damn life as this can explode EASILY and I think it will.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's the funny thing....seems like Bell was already being paid what he was worth. Pitt was offering him more (before his holdout) than he got from the Jets, and other writers have said the Jets were competing against themselves. IF Gase was unhappy with the $ being offered to Bell, maybe Gase was spot on?

17. BroadwayAaron

I don't know how, in 2019, people can still think the Steelers are competently managed. Just because a team isn't as dumb as us doesn't make them the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Giants won two titles in the last 12 years... that clearly has no bearing on the competency of their ownership/front office today.

FJF likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Bell was not a Drama Queen with the Steelers. On the field he always gave them 100% plus. He wanted to get paid and they fucked him over. Not getting along with that dick head Ben was common to many of the top players. IMO Ben is the biggest Drama Queen there.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Cman68

In what way? relative to the Giants perhaps?? How can a team with a 14-34 record over 3 years be even remotely relevant?

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sam the better question is " I don't know how in 2019, anyone would think or say that the New York Jets are not mismanaged or better yet that they are managed competently " PS I would take their owners ( Steelers ) and coach , over The Johnson brothers and Gase in a nano second.

Cman68 likes this.