GAC Studs and Duds - Week 12 NYJ vs HOU 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 30, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

JFM - probably his best game as a jet. that INT he had was amazing. thats the type of plays we need form this defense. He also had 2 sacks and 2 TFLs

Guidry - was our bets CB sunday. didn't allow any catches and looked great in coverage and had a pass defenses and only targeted twice.

Elijah Riley - we picked him up 3 weeks ago and he's paying off already. 5 tackles 1 TFL and looked like a vet out there and always around the play

blair - continues to impress in limited reps. 6 tackles, a TFL and a sack and constant pressure.

defense as a whole - only allowed 14 points. had an INT, 5 sacks, 8 TFLs. just a really good day for the defense. also pitched a shut out in the 2nd half

run game - 157 yards on 34 carries (4.6 avg) and 2 TDs. a big part of it was AVT. we are very successful running to the left side

saleh - had this team fired up and ready to go. also had good management in game

EDIT - addming crowder in here. he was open for 3 TDs all on 3rd down sunday and zech didn't see him or didn't pull the trigger all 3 times. should have been a big day for crowder

Duds

amendola - another week, another missed G. he lost the confidence in saleh and had us going for it on 4th down instead of taking points

wilson - didn't have a great game and is a dud but did do some good things. his TD run was on him, it was supposed to be a run play, but he seen the box was stacked so kept it and made a play himself with his legs. he still has things to work on though

#1 GasedAndConfused, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Great job once again on your studs and duds.

Here is the PFF take confirming your take on Guidry.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Salah did NOT have team ready to play, we got down 14-3. Like most of the games this year. I am still trying to understand that. It really boils my blood when he says he is not changing anything every post game conference. D looked putrid, but the good thing adjustments were made and got better as game went on! Big play in int.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

interesting in deed. I didn't notice jarrad davis being so good. he's been trash all the other games so maybe he's finally getting it? shepard was good but the whole d-line was so dominant it was hard to pinpoint everyone. we had pressure every play and shut down their run game. nice to see mosley there too. all 3 of our LBers made it on the list where normally they are liabilities. I think the difference was the d-line pressure helping out the back 7 which is why we need more edge rushers in the draft. adding one with our 1st pick and getting lawson back will be huge for us.

Jets79 and Noam like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

the bad luck INT caused that too. it wasn't a bad play on zach it was 2 player on a different page that normally 99 out of 100 times is incomplete but for us of course it's picked off

mrjet80, The Dark Knight and Noam like this.
  6. Sack exchange

Quincy and JFM were all over field. Quinnen flashed couple times. Berrios had nice play. I thought the OL got stronger as game went on. Running game may have been best all year.

Wilson below average, but had couple nice plays. But more bad plays. Ammendola I think may get cut. Really no really egregious plays. Kind of boring both teams.

Jets79 likes this.
  7. Sack exchange

The only problem I had , it was 3rd and 17. Should have known and just slid down.

8. Sack exchange

I was referring to JFM int, otherwise I think they score a TD. They had our D on their heals at that point. It literally changes the whole momentum of the game.

9. GasedAndConfused

he's pulled it off before earlier in the year. same play on 3rd and long. he improvised and shoveled it to ty who made a guy miss and got the 1st. ty was looking at zach when he started the shovel, then ty turned around to block so it hit him in the back. usually it falls to the ground incomplete but of course we are the jets. I have no issues with that play personally

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'd probably give Quincy Williams his only little blurb instead of him just being part of the defense, but outside of that I have no issues. He's pretty much my favorite player right now. Plays like his hair is on fire, and hits people hard.

Zach was pretty bad once again. Seemed fairly inaccurate on easy throws. I also didnt think he put his receivers in the best position to make plays on his completed passes. Thank god the running game was working, limiting what he needed to do. Hopefully he irons some of this stuff out over the course of the season.

Amendola is gone. The Jets need JD to actually invest in a kicker this offseason. Trade down and pick up an extra 5th or 6th, and put it towards a kicker.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nice post, as always! I would add Elijah Moore. He did not have the production of recent weeks, but he was still a Stud to me this game. That 4th down conversion was great and any time he has the ball in his hands it feels like a big play could happen. When Wilson and him get on the same page, he is going to light up the NFL. I am shocked he dropped to the Jets the more I watch him. I don't get what the knock on him was. Size maybe? Can't think of anything else.

12. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Jarrad Davis totaled 12 defensive snaps so it seems a little absurd to have a high quality grade.

13. GasedAndConfused

moore is the best WR we've had in a while. he reminds me a lot of lavernous coles and thats a high compliment

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

lol that makes sense why I didn't notice him. yeah 12 snaps is kinda crazy to give that grade too. i'm guessing that means quincy was our nickel LBer and mosley our dime. davis was probably only in for base defense and short yardage

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I know you studded the run game in toto...
    ...but Austin Walter showed some nifty running on that drive at the end of the first half and scored our 1st td....

It was also his 1st td in the league I believe.
    Nice... he's from Houston and he had his family in the stands.

I'd like to see him get some more opportunities.

Jets79 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  16. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

It does seem to feel like we can run the ball with no name backs. Saying that I do really like Carter and he reminds me of Martin. So we do miss him. But with the committee approach we do seem to have a good collection going forward.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

were averaging over 4.5 YPC when going through both gaps on the left side. a testament to how good AVT has been in the run game

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

What about Walters? He jump started the offense and got into the endzone.

GasedAndConfused and Jets79 like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

walters looked great for someone I wasn't expecting much from but didn't do enough to be a stud really

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Phew...
    Tough crowd... :confused:

Yet Saleh gets a stud ranking?

Terrible 1st half... and had to take timeouts after a challenge time out to figure out whether to kick a field goal?

#20 Acad23, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021