GAC - full 2 round NFL mock draft 2.0 with trades

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 7, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

basing this on rumors being heard now and including trades

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so to explain some trades and picks

picks 1-3
    I think hutch goes 1st. he's arguably the top player in the draft and is a premiere position. jax is still a few years away and while they should protect lawerence better baalke is kinda a wild card and I think he just takes hutch and doesn't worry about it. I think the lions like walker at 2. he's the type of player campbell (who reminds me of rex) would fall in love with and texans have a lot of picks to fill holes and will find it impossible to pass on a versatile o-lineman who can help them see if mills is the QB for them

4 pick -trade
    the saints geared up to move up likely for a QB. only thing that makes sense for them doing what they did really. carolina wants a QB too so they need to jump carolina. JD gets the saints on the phone and says I have a deal with carolina unless you can top it. saints give up 16 and 19 to move to 4 and get their QB

8 pick
    rumors are the falcons want a WR and they'll have their pick so they take williams

9 pick -trade
    KC wants to move up for a WR. with williams off the board they jump to 9 and grab wilson before the rush and give up 29, 30, and 94 to do this. they land their top WR plus still have 2 2nds, a 3rd, and 2 4ths and 3 7ths so plenty of picks left

10 pick - jets
    jets stand pat here and get their edge in jermaine johnson who they are rumored to like a lot

11 pick trade
    steelers want a QB. they give up their 1st and 2nd to move up and grab a QB in corral who they are rumored to like a lot

16 pick trade
    GB wants to move up for a WR. I think they like london a lot and the jets london rumors seem to be fading. Gb offers 22 and 59 to the jets for 16 and takes london

19 pick jets
    jets grab olave as a deep threat who fits their system and is a great route runner.

22 pick jets
    we grab linderbaum here before the cowboys or cards can. were rumored to want to upgrade the OC position. this gives us flexability to trade mcgovern before the season starts for a 2023 extra pick and not worry about his salary allowing us to spend more next year

35 pick jets
    I have us taking burks here. personally i'd rather take moore or dotson and i'm not high on burks but he's a guy the jets could be looking to replace davis with eventually. now having a WR room of davis, moore, olave, burks, berrios, mims

38 pick jets
    travis jones feels like a lock here. we need a big run stuffing DT badly and jones here makes way too much sense

59 pick jets
    LBer troy anderson. I know the jets say they don't see LBer as a need. mcbride was gone and no TE was worth taking here. plus we already doubled dipped at WR, got an upgrade at C, a DT, and an edge. Safety was possibly but I think we'll look at safety another year and probably take one later. we still have a 3rd (TE dulcich) 2 4ths (RB ford, and BPA) and 2 5ths (DT eliss, S Bell). anderson is an athletic LBer with tons of potential with size to stuff the run and speed to cover in space. not to mention was a former mobile QB and could be used on offense for trick plays and really smart to read the plays and can QB our defense. only played LBer for 1 year in college

Jets haul in 1st 2 rounds
    EDGE jermaine Johnson
    WR Chris Olave
    OC Tyler Linderbaum
    WR Treylon Burks
    DT Travis Jones
    LB Troy Anderson

Jojo, mrjet80, MoWilkBeast and 3 others like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Question: do the Jets get any 2023 picks in any of this? In any case, I could live with this outcome.

3. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I know that draft value charts show that #4 is approximately equal to # 16 + # 19, but QBs get a premium. I would not do that trade without some sort of a 2023 premium pick kicker in there, maybe a second or third rounder. Could send back a 2023 late round pick to balance that a bit.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

no I didn't get any future picks but it's possible for sure he opts for a future pick over a current pick as well

5. GasedAndConfused

it's possible for sure

Jeff M likes this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I like it I think the saints trade is definitely a possibility. Man I hope Burks falls the way you predicted but I just don’t see it. I think would have to take him at 19 at the very least.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

bold prediction. burks falls out of the top 20
    bolder prediction he falls out of the 1st

Noam likes this.
  8. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I usually like your content but not this. 16 and 19 for 4 seems weak. and not doing cartwheels over Olave and Linderbaum

In my overly-optimistic mind, i'd like to think of this draft as the last one we will be drafting this high so let's keep the picks and look for real blue chips as opposed to if-we-get-lucky(ier)-blue-chips

9. GasedAndConfused

everyone has their own opinions. 19 and 16 is really good value (1875 for 1800) plus in this draft without the elite players on the top end the drop off isn't bad. it's a deep class but not topped with elite prospects. jets love JJ and edge fills a need and he doesn't have the flags that KT has. olave for me is WR3 in this draft behind williams and wilson. I know people here love london and burks but I'm not a fan of burks and london is iffy. i'll take olave and his route running and speed. last year there was a WR I really liked. I wanted us to grab him in the 3rd badly. felt he was undervalued and a steal. his name is amon-ra st brown. I said he's not flashy but he gets the job done. we didn't have a 3rd and he fell to the 4th and lions grabbed him and he was a legit starter as a rookie. I said the same of calvin austin this year but he's moved up to a 3rd rounder. he was slated as a 5th and I couldn't understand why and said we should get him. now he's not possible. Olave is a better amon-ra st brown with top end speed

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/after-1st-round-players-spotlight.95092/#post-4031977

I've been wrong many times before overall, but I will say for WRs my track record has been phenomenal as of late

Noam likes this.
  10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

what are your thoughts about the fact that he was on a team with Wilson. I'm always suspicious of drafting from stacked teams because in the college ranks you end up with a situation where the defense has to account, in this case, for three high-pick NFL WRs. (Kind of like the RBs who have huge holes because the O-line is borderline NFL caliber)

I'm also in the once burned twice shy category because of D.Smith (I know different circumstances etc. but still...)

11. GasedAndConfused

stacked teams don't bother me. I look at the players in a bubble. olave has reliable hands. burner speed (sub 4.4) great route runner can run routes for all 3 levels. He has the skills that translate great to the NFL. I don't get too caught up in stats personally or who was around them personally.

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I really love this draft. Great job. I love Olave Linderbaum and then love Jones and Anderson. That would be one incredible infusion of talent.

Red Menace and GasedAndConfused like this.
  13. Rockinz

Maybe, I really don’t think so though but I also thought there was no way Michael Thomas, AJ Brown and DK would either…

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Good job …. This is more like it!

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. Rockinz

I’m taking KT and Burks at 4/10. Grabbing our pass rusher and WR. After that I think some really nice corners will be there at 35/38 plus a DT or OL

Red Menace likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

i thought thomas and brown would fall. I didn't think DK would fall out of the top 15 though

Rockinz likes this.
  17. Rockinz

DK was one of the most bizarre draft falls

18. GasedAndConfused

it really was. had no explanation at all

19. Rockinz

Usually that happens with off the field stuff like Moss but not a 3 cone drill at the combine.

20. GasedAndConfused

yeah off the field stuff would have made sense. or a last minute medical issue. but DKs falling was such a classic overthink by GMs

Rockinz likes this.