GAC - 1st round mock draft V2.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 18, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a list of the top guys left over for the 2nd round

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a quick rundown of some of the picks.
    1) I really believe jax is smart and protects lawerence and grabs ekwonu
    2) Hutch seems a lock to detroit if he's there
    3) I think houston has a lot of holes. I think they will have more 1sts when they trade watson and it's a deep edge class and they can get one later but they won't be able to get anyone similar to neal later
    4) I think if KT is there we can't pass on him
    5) I think the giants have a new GM and while Hamilton is possible here, they play an aggressive 3-4 and man CBs are premium they are looking to move on from the bradbury contract and ryan is on a 1 year deal
    6) carolina has the D, they are looking to add a vet QB, securing the o-line makes sense here
    7) giants got a CB now they get an edge rusher they need badly. I think they are intrigued by walker
    8) my only trade, washington moves ahead of seattle to take willis
    9) nobody is sold on lock, they'll want a QB regardless what they say, they settle for pickett
    10) hamilton is amazing and it's surprising he fell this far, I don't think we can pass on him here
    11) falcons need everything but most of all WRs. they take the top one
    12) they are trying to move hunter so ojabo replaces him
    13) houston traded for this pick and I think they go stingley
    14) I think linderbaum is a lock here
    15) eagles have 3 picks coming up. they take a WR 1st
    16) now they take an edge for the D
    17) chargers are loaded but o-line is their weakest link
    18) whoever Qbs needs someone other then just thomas to throw to
    19) eagles get a QB of their defense
    20) having 2 former 1st round busts doens't fix the QB situation. they need a ben replacement
    21) with stingley now gone I htink the pats take the value of jordan davis
    22) rodgers has no WRs, they need many
    23) cards are pretty balanced. they take a chandler jones replacement
    24) dallas needs to fix the o-line
    25) bills take the BPA in dean who improves an already great defense
    26) titans take the BPA
    27) bucs take a BPA
    28) packers take another WR
    29) miami needs o-line but I think if dotsan falls here they take him instead to help tua
    30) chiefs replace honey badger
    31) bengals continue to protect burrow
    32) lions get their future QB

EDIT: Updated one with the watson trade, it shook some things up. changed explanations above

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 GasedAndConfused, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    joelip likes this.
  2. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Great work! I think this would be a fabulous start for the 2022 draft! Who are your favorites for 35 and 38? Based on the Jets' needs and player "unicorn" athleticism, I think Watson and Travis Jones would work. But there are plenty of more highly rated players left, so it will be a tough choice for JD.

3. GasedAndConfused

based on this i'd say christian watson at 35 and travis jones at 38.

watson becomes the big outside WR deep threat, moore slides into the slot. it gives us a really good top 4 with berrios and davis
    travis jones replaces foley on the d-line

joelip likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If you didn't take Dean you should be sacked before the next pick, that's the saying around these parts, right?

I have never seen Nakobe Dean fall to the second round in any mock draft I have done and believe me I have done 100's.

Also as an aside I see you are always on about Watson but want the best for Wilson, Watson has one of the worst drop ratios, sure I read earlier it was 16% of catchable targets

EDIT
    it was 16 drops on 120 targets, not so clever.

5. GasedAndConfused

yeah I thought it was odd to but I just didn't see many teams with a huge need at LBer. who would you replace him with out of curiosity? I know he's a 1st round talent. if we were picking in the 20s i'd want him but the jets made it clear they don't feel LBer is a big need so I was trying to think what teams would do and not what I'd do personally because if it was my call, i'd never let hamilton slide to 10. I have to redo this anyway with the watson trade lol

I honestly am not sure what you are asking here? are you asking why i'd want christian watson for wilson when he has drop issues?
    if thats the case, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. we have sure handed guys in moore and berrios already. whats best for wilson is a big explosive playmaker outside right now and another reliable slot. I think watson has the potential to be a real weapon on the outside. you know who led the NFL in drop rate this year for WRs? jamaar chase. i'd still take him any day for what he can do. I think watson has that potential probably more so the others. he is boom or bust and I understand if people don't like him, But i feel if we are taking a WR at 35 he's the best option there based on what we have but he's not the only one I like. I love calvin austin III as a slot WR but He's shot up boards too much and went from a 5th to a 3rd. wandale has kinda slipped into the 4th and i'd take him in the 4th as another slot guy. I do think we should draft 2 WRs. we also still have the option of bringing back crowder or cole who are still unsigned and would be cheap

6. K'OB

Part 1 I'd take that talent if he fell to me @35 and I am sure JD would as well, even if they were happy with the current LB group but we know it isn't going to happen really.

Part 2 Yes, that is what I meant, Wilson had bad enough luck with WR's dropping the ball (some of that blame is on his poor throws IMO) but Watson just seems a particularly high percentage, I knew Chase led the drops list but how many balls got thrown his way?

I had no real feeling on Watson, I had just done a mock draft and that was what was in his bio

My current preference is for Olave, I was quite taken with his combine and the dreaded YouTube highlights lol

Doubs and Bell a little later in the draft and Kyle Philips but only if we had not kept Braxton.

7. GasedAndConfused

absolutely. would love to have dean.especially at 35. i just don't see it happening. I did redo it with the watson trade and found a home for dean now and updated the OP. he goes to buffalo at 25 now

I get that for sure. it's a fair assessment too. and chase led in drops and drop % so he also dropped the highest rate. he's still worth it. If watson was close to as good as chase (and he has that potential at least but I doubt it happens) i'd take the drops. realistically i see watson as a slight better robby anderson which is fine by me and what we could use.

as far as olave i really like him a lot too but not enough for 10 and he won't be there at 35. if somehow he fell to 35 i'd take him over watson for sure

K'OB likes this.
  8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If we got KT and Hamilton at 4/10 I’d be jumping up and down!!!! Even If Burks is on the board. That would be 2 corner stones on D.

9. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Yeah, Dean is so good that it might be a fireable offense to pass him up at 35. On the other hand, reports are that the Jets coaches love the linebackers on the roster now, and we sorely need a big, fast WR target for Wilson, and he reportedly is improving his drop rate:

"Watson displays such an innate ability with the little things that the number of drops that he had surprised me. He had seven drops in 2020, and five this past season. The drop percentage decreased from 28% in 2020 to 10% in 2021 which is a good sign, but seeing that high of a number in 2020 is still troubling. The improvement is notable, but the problem is that it simply seems to be a problem of concentration or lack of focus rather than ability. There were a couple of instances where he dropped wide-open passes that could have been big plays for his team."

Christian Watson NFL Draft Profile - LAFB Network

K'OB likes this.
  10. Rockinz

Good work!

Zero chance Burks falls to 28 absolutely zero. He’ll be the first WR off the board if not definitely second. I also feel that Lloyd will be gone before 19. Also with Ojabo tearing his Achilles he’s probably a 3rd round pick now…

Red Menace likes this.
  11. K'OB

Do you think?

I thought his combine would have knocked him down the list myself.

Wilson, Olave, London, Burks

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Feel bad for Ojabo, but that’s a huge break for a team who’s looking to get pass rush help and can grab him later.

Rockinz, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I wonder how far he will fall? 3rd?4th?5th? He will miss his entire rookie year.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. K'OB

Would you still be willing to take a chance on him then?

It could be nearer a year before he is ready to go again.

Awful thing to happen to a young man about to make his dreams come true.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Depends on where he falls, if he’s a 5th round pick absolutely. Jets ended up getting Bryce Hall late in the draft because of his injury, pushed him down the board.

Ojabo dream is only delayed by a little bit, I’m sure he will be given an opportunity.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  16. Red Menace

He’s going to fall to 5th, there are going to be good players still available in 4th round.

Jojo likes this.
  17. Rockinz

The tape tells a different story. I’d be shocked if he made it outside the top 20

18. GasedAndConfused

I think fans are higher on him then NFL scouts and teams are. it's also a close group. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 2nd WR taken, I also wouldn't be surprised if he was the 5th or 6th

Rockinz likes this.
  19. Rockinz

Ya it’s all about that’s GMs flavour. If Reagor got picked right before Jefferson anything is possible.

20. GasedAndConfused

and bateman and toney before moore. DK fell to 64th. ruggs over lamb. really depends on how the GM who has the pick views the players

Rockinz likes this.