Full Pre-Draft Visit List

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Apr 22, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Some interesting names on this list (Malik Willis???) and some no-brainers.

Just looking at the list, it makes me think we're going to come out of the 1st round with an EDGE and a WR.

This has also given me some more names to look into and scout as mid-late round guys.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Is that list really it? Ten guys they covet from that list? there are other players I would loved to have seen on there.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

If they're to be believed and they really covet 10 players, I would think they'd be on this list.

My guess would be:
    Hutch
    KT
    Neal
    Ekwonu
    Sauce
    JJ
    London
    Wilson
    Williams
    Linderbaum

Might sub one/two of the WR's with Stingley and/or Karlaftis.

KingRoach, Noam and Red Menace like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

KT at 4 and Burks at 10, or Ikem at 4 and Karlaftis at 10, that’s how I see their top two selections going.

The Jets will draft a pass rusher with their 4th or 10th selection, who they take after the pass rusher will be interesting.

I think Jets like Burks more than people realize, he’s a great fit for their scheme.

What do you think about the Willis meet?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That is a good list. Hughes tweeted this yesterday.

Other possibilities to your list of 10 from our 30 visits would be:

1.Hutch
    2.KT
    3.Ekwonu
    4. Neal
    5. JJ
    6. London
    7. Williams
    8. Wilson
    9. Olave
    10. Sauce
    11.Linderbaum
    12. Karlaftis
    13. Stingley
    and I will add from the senior bowl
    14. Penning

But in case of tradebacks into the 20's or who they may considering at 35 and 38 I would think they would consider:
    15. Burks
    16. Dean
    17. Wyatt
    18. Cine
    19. Anyone from the 1st list that falls.

I have to wonder about the Malik Willis visit too? Was that just for scouting information in case they play him in the future?

KY Jets Fan and Red Menace like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Interesting that Hamilton is NOT on the list. I prefer no DBs with the 4 or 10, but if I HAD to take one it'd be Hamilton.

And yeah, odd that they met with Willis. If he fell - like Geno did - which I think is unlikely, but you never know, maybe Douglas takes him as a backup and insurance policy.

KY Jets Fan and Red Menace like this.
  7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think the Willis visit was about seeing how likely people would be to trade up. If he’s the target, the Jets should know his value.

They spoke with him at the combine. Neither party went out of their way for the meeting.

8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

i wish we had last years list to compare how many of our picks received visits.

General Observations:
    We saw players who are projected throughout the 1st round. We are prepared to move down and still get players we’re happy with.

We saw the top EDGE rushers. We didn’t see any EDGE rushers who could be had at the top of the 2nd.

OT we saw the top 2 OTs as well as someone who’s projected late 1st early 2nd

A majority of the LBs we saw can be had in the 4th and are bigger SAM/LEO types.

CBs we saw the very top and bigger developmental CBs. I’d say either a top 16 pick or not till the 5th.

The WRs are projected throughout the 1st and possibly a drop to round 2 and a couple guys who can be had with a 5th or 6th.

Predictions:

1st RD guarantee - EDGE
    1st RD possibilities at 4 or 10 - Icky, Neal
    1st RD possibilities at 10 - Sauce, Stingley
    1st RD possibilities at 10 or trade down - WR

2nd RD likely Someone who dropped:
    Linderbaum C, Dean LB , Smith OT, WR, Cine S

3rd/4th DL, LB, RB

Noam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

The visit list is an example of how big of an advantage coaching in the Senior Bowl was for this team. You mention the lack of Edge guys who could potentially be had at the top of Round 2, but based on the National Team roster the Jets coached, they presumably got quite an extensive look at Ebiteke, Logan Hall, Boye Mafe and Myjai Sanders. Others they coached, who could be in play with a trade down from 10 and/or a trade up from 35 include Zion Johnson, Travis Jones, Trevor Penning, Jalen Pitre, Bernhard Raimann,Christian Watson,

Comparing the two lists, the only guys on the National Team roster that the Jets staff coached that they had for visits were Jesse Luketa, Bo Melton (a local prospect who doesn't count towards the 30 visit limit), Jaylen Watson and Perion Winfrey.