From Orlando going to Oct 28th game need pointers !!!

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by OtownJetsfan, Sep 14, 2012.

1. OtownJetsfan

OtownJetsfan New Member

This is my first post on this board and I am excited to be a part of the Gang .... I am a die hard Jets fan lived in Orlando my whole life short of the time I spent in the Army . Been to many games here in Florida so it wont be my first Jets game but I have been lucky enough to get tickets for this game and it will be my first home game Oct 28th Jets-Dolphins . I am so stoked to be going and am looking for pointers and advice how to best enjoy the game . I will be staying at the Sheraton and have tickets for section 131 with club passes since I got the tickets from one of my clients who works for the Jets . I was planning on taking Eddies Limo to the game also I was planning to do the Tailgate Joe tailgate party any other must dos or must sees ??? Since this is my first post I cant view links yet so please pm me with any links if you can thanks for the advice and again Psyched to be a part of the board !! GO JETS !!!! SQUISH THE FISH !!!:finssuck:

#1 OtownJetsfan, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. TailgateJoe

TailgateJoe New Member

Good stuff buddy! We always have a great turnout against the fish! Make sure you introduce yourself when you check in!

If you need any general NYC info lemme know.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i was thinking the whole time while reading this my advice would be tailgate joe's.if i was an out of towner coming to jetslife stadium thats what i would do

4. TailgateJoe

TailgateJoe New Member

Thanks for the kind words guys, very much appreciated!!

Can't wait for this weekend, we are heading out to Pitt, with over 50 Jets fans!

5. OtownJetsfan

OtownJetsfan New Member

Tailgate Joe looking very forward to meeting you and the crew up there its gonna be awesome !!! Also quick question I am coming with my brother who is a Dolphins fan, actually this whole trip was planned for us both to be able to spend a week in New York and I picked the Dolphins game since he is a Fins fan .Just wanna know how hostile will the crowd be towards him just to get an idea I know in Miami the fans there are pretty hostile towards us Jets fans been to quite a few Jets Dolphins games in Miami . I just want to know my brother will enjoy it as well and not worry about him being harassed all day long .

6. no psls

no psls Banned

if he wears a dolphin jersey , he will be harassed the whole game - BEWARE !!!!!

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

if he wears dolphin gear prepare for the worst.

8. TailgateJoe

TailgateJoe New Member

Lol, I can't promise anything during the game, but as long as he doesn't try to start anything and can laugh off some light hearted ribbing he will be fine with my group and our party. I do not tolerate any knuckleheads regardless if they are Jets or visiting fans and we are welcoming to visiting fans. We had a bunch of Bills fans last week and they all had a great time.

9. grumpynyjetsfaninME

i went to a fins jets game in 07 i think or 06... it was week 3... well leavin the game a guy was wearin a thomas jersey.. 2 rather large jets fans kept yellin at his guy "thomas pimps his sister" for the entire time he was walkin to his car.. funny as hell..

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

Not sure if you need a limo to the game I think the Sheraton is within walking distance but maybe others here can say more about that. Definitely do TailgateJoe. Never met him but have heard great reviews. There's club passes in section 131?

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

Depends on his personality. He will be heckled a bit but it depends on how he handles it. Last year at the game we had a Dolphins fan in front of us. He had some retarded looking Dolphin on his head but my friend put a Jets hat on top of it and took a pic he was clueless. My friend showed the guy later on and he was a good sport about it and shook hands with us at the end of the game.

I've also seen altercations break out.

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

I had to boot a few people from my tailgate this year. Last year was their first time coming but thinking that means blare music so you can't hear, invite all your friends and don't have them pitch in anything, and just get so drunk you fall over pissed me and several others off.

Tailgating is all about having fun. I recently bought a hot dog and meat brander so if anyone is an opposing team fan they have to see the Jets logo on their food. I like to bust balls about that kind of stuff but not have violence or make someone's experience miserable either.

13. OtownJetsfan

OtownJetsfan New Member

Yeah luckily my client who is an employee of the Jets and got me the tickets told my brother that he cant wear any Dolphins gear because it would get him in trouble and my brother obliged without much complaint so no worries there.

14. OtownJetsfan

OtownJetsfan New Member

Thats good to know and knowing my brother he can take the ribbing he is just as psyched as I am to be going it will actually be his first NFL game. First game at least that he will be able to remember .My father got us tickets to a Jets Bucs game when I was 10 he was 5 so he doesnt remember . Anyway another story for another day . I can promise he wont be too rowdy lol .

15. TailgateJoe

TailgateJoe New Member

I'm not even worried a little bit, we are all about having a good time, I am sure he will even if his team sucks!

Anyways, off to Pittsburgh right now, later guys!

16. OtownJetsfan

OtownJetsfan New Member

I know its about 2 miles from the Stadium I am not familiar with the area which is why I was just gonna take a ride to the game but maybe it will be an easy walk guess I will check when I get there . As for the tickets well I cant say that section 131 comes with Club passes . I know mine did because they were given to me by someone who is a Jets employee I think that is probably why but I cant wait !!!