Fraud defense allowing QBs to complete 76% of passes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I haven't gone thru this thread I'm sure the points been made but imo no one should be disappointed in Zach. We know what he is. He played better than I expected.

The disappointment was the defense. Dak had all day. This pass rush and CBs are suppose to be the strength of our team and neither showed up yesterday.

I fully expected to get gashed by Ferguson we don't have great cover LBs but I expected to have a plan for Lamb. JFC can you make another Dallas WR?? Make one of them beat us! They let Lamb do whatever he wanted and let Dak take his time. That was the disappointment.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course the Jets need to hold onto the ball but let's not forget that the defense was totally fresh when they allowed the first twelve or thirteen throws by Prescott to be completions.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Duane Brown didn't miss an important tackle.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The problem with our Defense is the scheme. Saleh said years ago that a monkey could run the D. He’s not lying. It’s an aggressive D that relies on the greatness of the players and the freshness of the DL to continue punishing the OL throughout the game. It is exploited by its weakest link. BUF put Diggs in the slot and he had a lot of success. DAL doubled down on that and had Lamb take the majority of the snaps in the slot and he abused us. Our D does t adjust because it’s not an adjustable gameplan. They’re just waiting for the rest of the D to pick up the slack, in this case get to the QB before he can get the ball out. The problem is as good as our DL is overall, there’s not individuals that truly are game changing pass rushers. We have a nice one in Huff, and 2 prospects that might become great pass rushers (one has yet to show it in real games, the other is inactive). Our overall D is very good, but they’re not elite amongst the league. DAL alone just showed us how far from elite they truly are.

mr nyjet and jjt4201 like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Patriots will try to replicate the Cowboys attack. Quick hitting passes to the slot to Bourne or Parker

Acad23 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm assuming when you say this you mean, there's a 90% chance the Jets O goes 3 and out, right? We "only" had 4 3-and-outs on Sunday out of 11 drives.

The offense didn't do the defense a ton of favors on Sunday but the defense also let Dallas go on a 12 play, 75 yard TD drive to start the game, a 14 play, 78 yard drive that started at the end of the 1st, and another 13 play, 75 yard TD drive before our final possession of the 1st half.

Plenty of blame to go around for that loss and the D is not exempt from that IMO.

NY Jets68, Acad23 and Jetsfansince95 like this.
  7. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

For everyone ragging on sauce’s performance, see what dak told him after the game

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

With a respectable offense, yes, they are.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

I mean at first glance, what you said is logical. But then take a minute and really think about you're saying makes a championship defense.

10. BrowningNagle

What did he say to him

11. RevisIsland18

12. BrowningNagle

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If you consider what the defense did in spite of the horrible situations the offense had them in, it’s more impressive in my opinion. Their shortcoming last season were turnovers and that they didn’t score enough to make up for the pathetic offensive output.

People get tired and demoralized even when they make a lot of money.

This defense has exploitable weaknesses. Most do. It’s not winning any championships on its own but only a fool would expect such a thing in the first place. A top 10-15 offense focused on chewing up clock on the ground would probably get it done once there’s a competent QB behind center and LT gets an upgrade.

14. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Who is that The80sJet troll? Honestly. 2 games in you either never watched football or your are EXTREMELY reactionary on everything to continue spewing the same negative comments, always!

Jets defense is good but they had a bad game. The offense is the obvious stain especially the Oline. Everything else is impacted by the later.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i have been off the forum for a while, waitng for the coming implosion.
    first, they overpaid for AR. the worst thing was the 1st round pick swap, which enabled a hoodie whostill holds a grudge from super bowl 3 ( he was a colts fan)
    to swap out of the 13th pick cheap, just to stop the Jets from drafting OT broderick jones.

second, your best OL is AVT, who should be at LT! center can't block either. put AVT at LT, start schweitzer and tippman at center and RG .
    trotting out their starting Ol was exploited by bills and dallas, and the hoodie will also . Doing the same thing and expecting different results is just stupid.

finally, the poster is right, we have the WORST tackling back 7 in the league. once you get past the line, either runs or passes get big yards .
    if you get a $1 for every blown tackle, the after the game, you can go out for steak and lobster dinner with house money.

the trade for AR wasa massive overpay, and it was NOT a JD trade, it was a Woody trade.
    i would have signed Carr or Mayfield, and kept all those draft picks. More OL, and better tackling LB would have made a big difference.

16. RevisIsland18

Time to eat crow for
    People shitting on def…..!!!

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The thread originator has been permabanned, so no crow eating coming from him, I'm afraid.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We should invite him back...

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

How much did the 10K bettor win this week

MDJets, Acad23 and NY Jets68 like this.
  20. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Bwahahaha