Forum Sourced 53 Cut Down Roster Prediction - TE

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by themorey, Jun 27, 2018.

?

Which TEs will make the Jets cut down 53 man roster (pick 2)?

1. Jordan Leggett

94.7%
  2. Chris Herndon

68.4%
  3. Eric Tomlinson

26.3%
  4. Clive Warford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Neal Sterling

5.3%
  6. Bucky Hodges

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm bored so I decided to post some position group polls to crowd source our cut down day 53 man roster prediction. Why cut down day prediction? Because history has shown us that one man's trash in another man's treasure. Just because a player makes it through cut down day to the initial 53 roster does not mean he will be there for the opening game as Macc in particular loves to play the Waiver Wire. Its too hard to predict the opening game roster but we can at least take a reasonable stab at the cut down roster.

There will also be opportunities to determine how many of each position group to keep. I suggest a separate poll at the end to rank players by ST ability to be the discriminator between position depth. For a starting point I believe there should be position minimums for each position as follows:

QB: 2
    RB: 4 (includes FB)
    WR: 5
    TE: 2
    OL: 8
    DL: 6
    ILB: 3
    OLB: 4
    CB: 5
    S: 4
    K: 1
    P: 1
    LS: 1
    PR/KR: 1

This is 47 spots with 6 more TBD (or 48 spots with 5 TBD if we agree to roster all 3 QBs).

This poll is for TE and I know there will be at least 2, probably 3 TE's on the roster. There is a small chance only 2 are kept so let's vote on the 2 and the 3rd TE will compete with other positions for the final 5 roster spots.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Leggett will be te1 by the end of the season. I expect 3 with herndon and Tomlinson rounding out the depth chart

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think you give enough choices in your polls. With Bates supposedly liking 2 TE sets, there's no way that they keep just 2 TEs. I think they keep 3 at a minimum, and 4 is not out of the question, although they could keep Hodges or Sterling on the PS. Unlesss one or both aren't healthy or play themselves off the team in TC, I think that Leggett and Herndon are locks. Tomlinson probably is too. If Walford has a good to great TC and preseason, he could make things tough on the Jets.

4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

These are the minimum # of players for each position. When these minimum position groups are filled there will be 5 additional spots to fill. That's where the group can determine if we keep additional TE, ILB, WR, etc.

FJF likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

smh how dare you guys disrespect Eric 'MVP' Tomlinson ... we will keep 3 TEs on this roster, but for the sake of this I picked Leggett and Tomlinson ... they will get the bulk of the reps

FJF likes this.