Forum Sourced 53 Cut Down Roster Prediction - OL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by themorey, Jun 27, 2018.

?

Which OLs will make the Jets cut down 53 man roster (pick 8)?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. Austin Golson (C-G)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dakota Shepley (G)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ben Ijalana (T)

43.8%
  4. Brent Qvale (T-G)

37.5%
  5. Antonio Garcia (T)

81.3%
  6. Darius James (T)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Travis Swanson (C)

62.5%
  8. Jonotthan Harrison (C-G)

25.0%
  9. Dakota Dozier (G)

50.0%
  10. Ben Braden (G)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I will go with the premise there will be 8 guaranteed OL spots on the 53. Since the poll limits me to 10 responses I will make the assumption that the starting 5 is a lock (Beachum, Carpenter, Long, Winters, & Shell) and there are 3 backup spots up for grabs.

Please select the 3 backups to build out the roster to 8 OL.

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think I'd healthy, Garcia could stick and it's possible we keep 9 on the roster.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This will be a tough battle if they only keep 3 backups. Ijalana, Qvale and Harrison have the most flexibility,which could give them the edge.

Long can play G, so that may not bode well for Dozier, even though he was the most improved OL last year according to Bowles. I know that he (Dozier) has worked some at C in the past, but evidently isn't that good at C. Unless Dozier is a lot better than I think, I think he will get caught in the numbers crunch and they'll have to go with versatility.

I would love to see Garcia replace Ijalana, but am not sure that he can. It's possible that Garcia could get stashed on IR or the PUP if he isn't healthy. If the Jets don't see Garcia as their future starting LT, then Ijalana's versatility could cause him to win even if Garcia is a better LT. I think that whatever happens in that battle could effect what happens with Qvale. I don't think that Qvale can play LT, but he can play RG, so if Ijalana beats out Garcia, then Qvale has a good shot if Garcia can't play RT.

I think there will be a good battle between Swanson and Harrison. It will be interesting to see if they value flexibility more, or who plays the C position better.

I think there's a good chance that one or both of Golson and Shepley make the PS.