Fortunately for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by teamgreen, Nov 27, 2011.

1. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

they played a team with less heart and fewer clutch perfomers. Buffalo gave the game away with penalties and had 2 YDs they missed on the last drive due to poor coverage. The Karma with Cro and Smith evened out on a 3rd attempt. Thank goodness Stevie Johnson is still a choke artist.

Sanchez had 2 good drives out of 12 possessions and missed a lot more opportunities than he took advantage of.

Defense played decent, but made too many mistakes with Buffalo in bad situations, and couldn't make the stop when it counted.

ST's did everything possible to give the game away. Our punt returns are a liability-- if not for ball possession then for actual return yardage.

2. therealmark

therealmark Banned

Fortunately for the JEts they played a shit team who just got debcaled by another shit team, they barely beat the Bills at home if they play like this against a good team whats going to happen?

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

good news is... we won't have to find out until the playoffs

4. therealmark

therealmark Banned

which is a long shot right now, no way in hell do we beat the Giants or Eagles playing like this. Hell Miami will want our souls week 17 and this isn't the same Miami team we played earlier in the year. Unless golden boy suddenly starts playing like a #5 pick next week were a 8-8 team.

5. Mangold Goldman

one game at a time.

just relish the win, at least for today

it wasnt the best display, but no win is a gimme in this league

6. Martin is the man

Fortunately for Cimini there terrible negative Jets fans like yourself who seek the negative out of every fricking win. The Jets won and the QB had 4 TDs. If the Pats did this everyone would be singing their praises.

Don't piss and moan when the media kills this team, if non-jets fans and Jets fans alike do nothing but shit on this team, they're smart by giving the people what they want! Enough is enough be a fan or not it's really getting aggravating.

7. jets fool

jets fool New Member

Agreed... most of these so called "fans" spend way too much time bitching about whatever they can and rarely give credit when its due. It wasn't pretty but at the end of the day a win is a win. They have to play better next week and I think they will

8. Mr. Green Pants

Yeah, those teams are models of consistency. We're doomed.

9. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

What enjoyment do you derive from watching Jets football? Or do you just like the commiserating afterwards?

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Actually we probably don't.
    the Colts are the only thing seperating the Redskins from "worst team in the league". they're on their way to a 7th loss in a row and 8 out of 9 ... with the only win being a life and death struggle against the Rams.
    I'll go on the record now and say we beat them BADLY next week.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

and then Washington puts 14 points on the board in about 2 minutes :rolleyes:

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

kinda feel like we just beat the bills "badly".

but i know what youmean and i thinks so too

13. therealmark

therealmark Banned

Actually Washington worries me, their offense might suck but their defense is pretty good. Could be a trap game like Denver.

#13 therealmark, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  14. skeleton_frames

I know. I love this place. It's either:

A- We lost! Pass the Kool-Aid!
    B- We won! But not by enough! And next week we have to play again. Pass the Kool-Aid!

15. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

unfortunately the broncos win again.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

does no one understand the meaning of the term "trap game?" I mean jesus christmas. Just because you lose a game it is/was not a trap game

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Reading this forum, you would think that every team in the AFC is steam rolling the competition on the way to the playoffs.

The Bengals played a similar game as the Jets today. At home against a division foe playing for their season. They needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Browns.

The Titans were at home against an inferior Bucs team and found themselves down in the 4th quarter.

The Broncos needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Chargers who have now lost 6 games in a row.

No team fighting for the last WC spot is really good. Relax and enjoy the ride.