Forte

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 10, 2016.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its time to bench Forte. He doesn't break any tackles. He runs straight into the defense and falls down. He is old and slow.

Forte 3.7 yards per carry. Powell 6.4. Why are they wasting their time pounding the rock with Forte every damn week????? You have a young 3 down running back far outperforming him and yet you give the old plotting mule 4X as many carries every week.

1st down: Forte for 2 yards
    2nd down: Forte for 1 yard
    3rd down: Fitz incomplete pass
    PUNT

over and over and over and over

2. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

This is one of the many reasons people are so befuddled and ready to get rid of Bowles. He just plays "his" guys regardless if it is working or not. It really is a shame because Forte would have been the perfect 3rd down back for us but we are trying to use him as an every down back. It doesn't work and looks really pathetic out there.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And we don't even throw to him which is probably his best trait, a receiver.

TNJet likes this.
  4. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

He needs a fullback lead blocker on 1st and 2nd down, the tight ends doing this task for him are not getting the job done.

TNJet likes this.
  5. stevejets38

stevejets38 Active Member

I can shit sure guarantee u that in order for forte to sign here he told mac and bowles that he wanted a certain amount of carries per game, when he signed-- it came out in the media that it was mac and bowles who told forte he would be the bell cow and he would get that certain amount of carries, but I can assure u that it was the other way around, forte probably held them hostage and said he wouldn't sign unless he got a certain amount of the workload , he fucking sucks, hes too fucking slow, the bears look like geniuses, and it also doesn't help that the formations the jets use are giving away when its gonna be a run or a pass play

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

They both have to play at the same time, a LB's nightmare covering them out of the backfield....the best teams Pit, NE throw the ball on every down when the running game sucks, short passes set up long passes, but not when you have a noodlearm at QB

Jake, Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I do think Powell needs more reps. Not so much a knock on Forte as a compliment to Powell. The thing that really distinguishes Powell from Forte at this point is Powell shows much more burst. I don't think Forte can hit the outside runs anymore, short of a clear running lane.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Karlos Williams & Bilal would make a nice duo with Forte as the 3rd down back. He's already ran to the ground. Im sure Karlos can be twice as productive

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Williams will be back in Buffalo by the end of today. They brought him back last week. The only reason they didn't sign him is because it would've meant cutting Reggie Bush and they wanted to give him one last game in the LA coliseum

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

welp ... guess it sucks to suck.

11. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

The Bears look really smart replacing him with Jordan Howard who is a 5th round pick.

Meanwhile McCagnan traded his 5th this year to draft a developmental OT in the fifth round.

TNJet likes this.
  12. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Part of why Forte was brought here was to catch passes out of the backfield. Yet, we're constantly pulling him to throw screens to Powell. It's predictable and stupid considering that's why Forte is here. The other odd thing with how he's being used is with the exact same run packages Ivory used to run. Forte isn't that type of back and is a older guy to boot. I simply don't understand what Bowles is doing.

TNJet and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Forte looked like a great pickup the first 2 games. The last 3 games the entire team looked like doodoo so I'd like to see if he can get going again if and when the offense starts to get in sync

LarryAlRalph and rohirrim665 like this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He doesn't either.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think better play calling would help Forte be more successful. While the OL has been better than expected, it's still not that good, so better blocking would help him as well. That said, I do think Powell should get a lot more touches than he has been due to his speed. He brings energy and spark to the offense.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You're right, except there isn't a quarterback on the roster that's equipped to throw the ball 45 times a game. This year seems like a disaster, but it's not because they're losing, it's because they're losing convincingly the past two weeks to where we haven't really been in striking distance early on in the 4th quarter.

Still, we've played the hardest schedule in the NFL and as a team that really falls anywhere in the 14-22 range in terms of talent, its no wonder we've lost 4 games. They needed to beat Cincinnati and set the tone for the season. You can live with losses vs. Pittsburgh and Seattle if you take game #1. It's pretty much a lost season at this point and I knew it sitting at the stadium week 1.

LarryAlRalph and CONN-JET.2.0.3. like this.
  17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Matt Forte is not the reason we are losing. He is a very good player. Try again.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yea i was impressed the first two weeks with Forte then everything has just gone down hill. He definitely looked slow against the Steelers though.

19. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

The coach staff has no freaking clue how to use him properly. Forte is not an every down back at this point but could be a really valuable situational back and pass catcher, plus he wont be worn out by the end of the season. Powell is a good runner but isn't getting many touches, why? I truly think the coaching staff is becoming more and more lost each week.

TNJet likes this.
  20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

These guys are essentially the same type of back. Average speed at best, won't break many tackles, good vision and will get you a solid 3-4 yards when a hole is there but nothing big. They are both solid pass catchers too. Ivory has better speed and tackle breaking ability and wish we could of found a way to bring him back.