Former Jets Spotlight: Justin Miller

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by mst3000, Sep 19, 2009.

1. mst3000

mst3000 Member

He was cut by the Raiders a few weeks ago, and no other team has bothered picking him up. Looks like he's pretty much done in the NFL. Kinda sucks for him, because at one point he was considered a first round pick...

On a side note, can he file for unemployment? :breakdance:

2. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

dont worry he's working out with the other justin, mr mccareins and they are training hard so once a team needs a corner that cant cover or a reciever that cant catch they will be back

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

JMO opinion no one picking up Justin Miller because he has a bad case of turf toe. Those type of injuries tend to last all year. IF Miller dosen't have his speed than what good is he when he can only be a returner.

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

hes done..............

5. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I really had high hopes for him, was m favourite corner coming out of that draft, turns out that draft was overall prett bad

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Wolfe...you're right 2005's draft really turned out alot of busts.

IMO, only really good players in Rd #1...DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Jammal Brown & Heath Miller (on the Jet's radarbefore the Doug Jolley deal)

The CB group was highly regarded at that time......PacMan, Carlos Rogers, Fabian Washington, Miller, the late Darrent Williams, Stanford Routt....a disappointing group.

Ronald Bartell.....was one of my favorites from a small school.

Kerry Rhodes was a good pick up in rd 4.

The Giants got the steal of the draft with Justin Tuck.

#6 WW85, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  7. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I went back to look and compared to the other years around it, it didn't give alot of depth, many players are in bit roles, definately the worst year so far in the 2000s

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

WW85 is correct except Rogers is not a bad CB and Washington is pretty good.

9. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I think the 2005 draft may be one of the best the Giants have ever had. They only had 4 picks that year (due to the Eli trade) and those were a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. They drafted Corey Webster in the 2nd, Tuck in the 3rd, and Jacobs in the 4th. Their 5th round selection (Eric Moore) was injured.

Webster is now a top 5 (arguably top 3) C. He lead all DBs in pass deflections last year, though he was surpassed by Polamalu in the postseason, and is off to a good start thusfar as I'm pretty sure Santana Moss went home and cried after last Sunday's game.

Tuck is, I think, the best player on the Giants' defense. His versatility on the DL is a HUGE asset and his speed and power are excellent. I truly think he is going to be the "new" Strahan for these Giant teams.

Jacobs is a leader on offense and sets the table for the rest of the unit. His attitude is exactly what you want in a bruising halfback and he takes players under his wing off the field.

That's a pretty damn good draft, especially when you consider they only had 3 picks.

10. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

No he's not.

11. 624

624 Banned

3 of the best pass rusher's in the NFL came out in that draft, Rhodes, Jacobs, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Corey Webster, Marion Barber, Frank Gore, Jammal Brown, Roddy White, and Miller.

After that the 2005 draft is shit.

We got:

Nugent (bust)
    Miller (bust)
    Rhodes (gem)

eh

#11 624, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I still believe Rogers hasn't fully lived up to be deserving of his 9th selection in rd 1. Carlos Rogers did blowout his knee in 2007, so you can give him somewhat of a pass. Most Redskin fans like Rogers, but believe he isn't that shutdown corner that was expected. Good player, not great.

Let's put it another way......who would you rather have on your team..Revis or Rogers?

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Even though its just 1 year, I think Aaron Rodgers deserves or will prove to deserve to be apart of the really good of this class.

14. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

that year was a big high risk high reward type draft. There was alot physically gifted players in the first round (alex smith, edwards, merriman, ware, washington, pacman... etc) only a few turned out to be good football players. when they went in the first round it pushed true football players (Jacobs, tuck, rhodes...etc) into the later rounds.

15. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

:rofl:

thanks for the sig.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Anyone cut by Oakland should count themselves lucky. Not that Justin Miller blew chunks or anything.

17. tx2step

tx2step New Member

Miller was a good player. I think he as heavily underused.