For all the Rex haters, Now that he's gone...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What available coaches would you bring in that would be better?
    I'm looking at these "candidates" and honestly, it's a damn joke....

Also, what Offensive geniuses are out there that can come in here and put points on the board?

DOOM, Truth4U2 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I said this elsewhere but I don't think this is a Rex vs available candidates thing, it has more to do with the fact that they want to bring in a new general manager and don't want them to be saddled with the same HC that's been here for years. They want to clean house.

Ideally they would like to get the GM first and have them be involved in the decision making process on the HC but it makes sense that they are looking into the HCs now because otherwise all the good candidates could be snapped up and then what GM is going to want to agree to work here if he has to wade through the scrap heap. As noted the current crop isn't great, imagine if the top 5 of the available candidates are gone. That wouldn't bode well at all.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'll take Dan Quinn or Doug Marrone if he opts out. It's not a thrilling list.

4. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Quiet honestly and without being flippant at all, I think that Rex was such a bad HC in so many areas that it will be almost impossible to find someone worse

In terms of the offense, just not having Rex meddling like he did and forcing the Jets to be super conservative, force the ground and pound and force all rhe wildcat nonsense into the game plan will instantly raise the effectiveness of any new OC or even MM if he is retained.

So in a nutshell they are ALL likely upgrades the way I see it.

5. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

Dan Quinn makes the most sense, although he would made even more sense if Idzik was still here. Together they could've helped us sign both of Seattle's OLBs, Malcolm Smith and KJ Wright and almost instantly retool for a 4-3 defense. Coples moving to the D-Line, Smith and Wright with Davis forming the new fast LB corp. A guy like Quinn with his emphasis on simple defensive schemes and fundamentals is just what our less talented secondary would've needed. But now, who knows.

6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I know it is hard for some on here to comprehend.

You don't need to be a better "defensive" or "offensive" genius to be a better head coach than Rex.
    Rex's flaws as a HEAD COACH have been listed here over and over again. He simply is not good at at many of the aspects of the job.

To make a claim that a Coordinator could not be better is just plain ass, you just don't know until they are given the reigns.
    There are many example who step right up and get success and then there are many examples of retread coaches who step up in there second or third HC gig and win the big one.

I made this point over and over last year, when I thought Rex should be fired.
    Head Coaches win there first Superbowl within the first 5 years with their team. The only one in the last 20 years that didn't was Bill Cowher.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Good post. I want to point out that Cowher also had a much better track record that allowed for his longevity without a ring.

Br4d and onefanjet like this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rex has so many issues as a head coach that he never improved from year one that it was time to move on from him. We may not find a better coach, but it is time to try.

It's expected that first time head coaches are learning on the job and will need to improve in some areas over time. In what areas did Rex grown as a head coach over his tenure?

Br4d, bandwagon and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think Rex should have been fired (with Tannenbaum) after the 2012 season.

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I did too. but when that didn't happen it should have last year.

NCJetsfan and TNJet like this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

In hind sight - yea it would have made more sense, but at the time I think it would have been premature. He had two seasons of deep playoff runs followed by two disappointing seasons. The back to back AFCCG bought him some time.

Br4d likes this.
  12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Only for the way he handled the Qb situation. And the cluelessness of the offense under Tony Sparano. Mark was killing the Jets but Rex refused to make a change. I know you're going to say Tim Tebow. He couldn't have done any worse. And based on his Broncos record-who knows maybe a "miracle."

TNJet likes this.
  13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of "should have's". What's done is done. The process needs to follow accordingly.

New GM hires New Coach, New Coach Hires New Assistants/Staff.

GM should be the first thing Woody and his "think tank" are looking at. The fact that we are already talking about coaches scares me. Woody has no clue how to run a franchise, that is evident.

The fire Idzik fans should put up a new billboard, maybe it will work for Woody too.

mezzavo and Cman68 like this.
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Regardless of how it went bad I just don't see how it would have made sense to fire him at that point given his recent success.

Br4d likes this.
  15. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Some guys just dont get it.

What other options were there?

Keep Rex and Idzik?
    Keep Rex and settle for another horrible GM that agrees to keep him?

Rex had to be fired

sackexchange, Br4d, bandwagon and 3 others like this.
  16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Don't forget 2011. He did the same thing with Sanchez. And to me that was the reason the team didn't make the playoffs. So then he goes into 2012 and the same thing happens. That's when I lost any respect for him.

17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Without question Idzik should have had one more off season on the hot seat. He would have been forced to make major moves in Free Agency knowing the billboards that awaited him if he didn't.

The billboards proved one thing for sure, Woody is a pushover pussy of a NFL owner.

bandwagon and rohirrim665 like this.
  18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I'd agree if it hadn't been for the bizarre mid season press conference.

19. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Afraid to lose $$$.

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Whatever...even without the billboards a blind man would know to fire Idzik.

Somebody with a few grand to spare, please now get that "Fire Terry Bradway" billboard up, preferably a digital one that scrolls so onlookers can be reminded of all his greatest hits:

trade into top 5 for Dewayne Robertson
    Doug Jolley trade (if trade not made, could have moved up 2 spots for Aaron Rodgers)
    Mike Nugent in round 2
    Jalen Saunders

TNJet and 74 like this.