Florio Calls Jets "Team of Destiny", Best in the League?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 4, 2010.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought he hated the Jets. :)

Jets are becoming what Rex Ryan said they would be.

Through four weeks of the NFL season, only one team is undefeated -- the 3-0 Chiefs. No team exhibits the aura of the proverbial "team of destiny."

Except for, perhaps, the Jets

Stymied by the Ravens in the season opener at the New Meadowlands Stadium, many assumed the Jets were on their way to mediocrity. They responded by handling the Patriots, beating a tough Dolphins team in their own house, and completely dismantling the Bills.

Next up, they welcome one-year Jets quarterback Brett Favre back to town, and they'll have receiver Santonio Holmes and possibly linebacker Calvin Pace and cornerback Darrelle Revis in hand when facing Minnesota. Given that the Vikings' corps of receivers consists of Percy Harvin and a collection of no-names, the Jets can afford to give Revis another week to heal.

They arguably can give him the Broncos game off, too, which then will carry the Jets into the bye week. Coming out of the bye they face the high-flying Packers; assuming Revis will be back to 100 percent by then, they'll get good use out of him that night.

Still, with or without Revis, the Jets have become, for now, the best team in the league.

Whether they stay there for long remains to be seen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/04/week-four-monday-10-pack/

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Florio just trying to make us look bad...There is a hint of him wanting to tease us.

I dont believe his bullshit

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sounded to me like a schmo who can't deny the fact the Jets are playing good.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here wondering why he said we could afford to sit Revis against the Broncos, who have the #1 pass offense in the NFL. Great insight, Mike.

5. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

jinx job maybe?

6. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Jump on the bandwagon Florio. We'll give you a blanket party once you are aboard.

7. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Just goes to show you how stupid this Florio guy is. Denver has been throwing up and down the field even against good pass defense teams. We will really need Revis back for the Broncos.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

There is a lot of hidden hatred behind this article.

Keep telling him to fuck off.

9. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

This is how it goes with the Jets haters...

Until we prove that we are an elite team, they call us weak and say we're gonna fold at any time.

Then when it gets too hard to act like we suck, they start saying how we "better" beat the next team, and how we should handle it with no problems, anything less is a disappointment and the team is falling apart again

This is what fat idiot Francessa did last year and probably what Florio will do too

basically the idea is to say we're a joke and not serious up until they're wrong, then make us into huge overdogs so we're destined to fail

#9 ShutEmDownRevis, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Reverse karma. Don't take the cheese. :wink:

11. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I commend the guy for hustling to make a name for himself and his site, but his football knowledge is suspect and his style of creating news (see Jeff Garcia piece yesterday) is tiresome.

To suggest the Jets don't need Revis against the Broncos is just wrong. The Broncos can toss the ball around the yard pretty good even when their running game is non-existent.

Orton is better than Henne and the Broncos WRs are better than the 'phins with the exception of Marshall. (Broncos WRs: J.Gaffney, B.Lloyd, E.Royal, De.Thomas)

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea, exactly.

13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Does this douche watch football? Denver has got to be one of the top 5 passing teams in the league right now. Of course we would need Revis back. Idiot.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Maybe it's just me, but this article has a very patronizing post.

A "team of destiny" implies the Jets don't deserve to win by their own merits alone, they need some divine intervention to help.

But I'm sure everyone around here watched all of our games. We weren't handed any wins.

This "team of destiny" may have applied to the 2009-2010 Jets but not the 2010-2011 Jets.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's not just Orton.

That whole receiving core is deadly. Every receiver had contributed to their wins.

16. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Go suck a dick Florio

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

There's no room on the bandwagon for Mike Florio.

Mike Florio...you've been HERMINATED

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't care when these gasbags say nice things about the Jets, either. No problem sitting Revis against the Broncos at Denver? What a clown.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This X 100, were becoming a DISCIPLINED (1 TO in 4 games) team that can win with our offense by scoring a shit ton of points, win on the defensive end and our special teams have been playing well so far this season. We'll beat you on the road in your stadium or we can take it to our stadium and put up a good fight. Once everyone is healthy, were a complete football team that can beat anyone anywhere anytime, and that to be honest is scary

This is unlike any Jet team I've seen in the past, there will be some bumps in the road but I feel any loss will just humble us further like after the Ravens game, I still think were heading for a 11-5 record, but if Sanchez continues to play at this rate and the defense becomes healthy, how do you beat us?

The league is so wide open this year, anything can happen, and this could finally be the year where Gang Green shocks the world

Were not a team of destiny, we are a talented hard hitting, HUNGRY Superbowl Contender - we got nothing to lose and everything to gain, let the haters hate, they STILL don't think much of us, it's early in the season granted but were looking good, damn good

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Team of destiny... best in the league... this is all bullshit talk. We haven't won anything, and we've hardly beaten anyone. So far we know we can hang with some of the best teams, but until you come home with the title it doesn't mean much. This sort of tripe is for low self-esteem fans that want to play the "respect" game and feel good about their emotional investment.