Fitzpatrick named AFC offensive player of the week

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well at least our draft pick should be good.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, should the Jets bring him back next year?

NYJetsO12 and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Yes and anyone who could be better until someone wins the job

4. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I'm still taking all this in. According to this BR article we have a top 10 QB.
    Seriously, bizarro world man.....

http://teamstre.am/1mcn2Tk

"A quarterback from New York Jets on the list. The combination of Ryan Fitzpatrick and wide receiver Brandon Marshall has been one factor in making this team a playoff contender in 2015.

Aided by a capable running game and his familiarity with offensive coordinator Chan Gailey has certainly paid off for the journeyman signal-caller, who during the team’s current three-game winning streak has connected for nine scores and not thrown an interception.

This season, one that has included a left thumb injury for the right-handed quarterback, Fitzpatrick has completed 60 percent of his passes for 3,129 yards and 25 scores compared to only 11 interceptions. He’s been sacked only 15 times and lost only one of four fumbles.

And talk about improvement when it comes to the passing attack? The Jets have scored 27 times this season through the air in 13 games compared to only 16 aerial scores in as many games a year ago."

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Harvaad Man of the Year..IMO

Was George Plimpton (1961) the last famous HU grad to play QB in NFL? LMAO

6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

nice having a real NFL offense, isn't it?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Go Fitz!!!!

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

we have come a long way from the likes of Chaz Shilenz ,Stephen Hill,Clyde Gates,Greg Salas etc ....as our starting WRs

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Gotta give credit to Mike M. Bringing in Fitz was a great move, especially when you have Gailey. Fitz is having a career year and is playing on one of the most talented teams he's ever had. He's like a kid in a candy store.

Unless a rare opportunity to get an elite QB like Brees next year comes up, the Jets HAVE to bring him back, and give him a raise, while the Jets further develop Petty, and another young prospect not named Geno.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Kris 15 and Ubiquitous like this.
  12. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Given the money that Brees would command, his age and health, and not being in the cozy warm Superdome and NFC South, I would take Fitzpatrick over him. Having Fitz on a bargain contract is what allows us to have a more complete team.

The Saints are a garbage team because they tied up all their money in Brees, Graham, and a few others.

NYJetsO12, irishwhip03 and ajax like this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Maybe not as dramatic as the movie itself but Fitz's story is like Braddock's story..... Cindrella Man...

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

He's a B+ player to some people..

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I hate to be that guy, but the sad unfortunate truth is people are over rating Fitzpatrick big time because the Jets are winning. He may be having one of the best single seasons a Jets QB has had, but the bar is set pretty low there. His numbers are decent but not great. I had to laugh when I saw the MVP thread.

YPG: 19th
    Comp%: 25th
    TDs: 10th
    INTS: tie 9th most
    QB Rating: 20th

As a Jets fan I am happy with those numbers because the defense is very talented, but it's not like Fitz is lighting it up. The Jets are a top team in the red zone but also have the 6th most 3 & outs in the league. I hate to be the Debbie downer here, but the offense needs to play better if the Jets want to win playoff games.

Brees would be a huge upgrade, although you'd have to hope he'd take less money due to his age. Brees is just on a very poorly run team. He'd kill it on the Jets with Marshall and Decker and a good defense. The big problem is that would almost certainly mean the Jets lose Wilkerson, so I do prefer Fitz coming back next year. It's just hard to pass up on an opportunity like that, should it present itself.

#35 Sam Hammer, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No one is over rating him.

Those stats are based on his entire year. Fitzpatrick has played out of his mind the past 5 games.

He has over a 102 rating, 13 TD, 1 INT, and 1525 yards.

He has been one of the best QB in the league over that span. You talk about upgrading, there's not much more you could get out of a QB than what he's been doing.

So when I talk about how great Fitzpatrick has been, that's in reference to the second half of the season where he has been nothing short of great

17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Ball don't lie, son.

His leadership, composure and fantastic ability to give his team the best chance it has to win doesn't show up on the box score… well except one stat: 10-5.

18. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

You're forgetting one thing here. And that's the drive to win. Fitz has it. Not saying Brees doesn't but nobody can convince me at this stages of both guys careers that Brees wants to win more than Fitz does.

Tossed around from team to team his whole career and not one playoff game under his belt. I doubt he's ever gotten this close before either.

To me getting Brees (who I was all for when Geno was starting) would be like getting another Favre.

And the dome-factor would worry me. I've already heard people bring up that they are concern about Fitz this weekend in cold Buffalo. And he's already played there! I think those concerns become bigger with a QB like Brees.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

His attitude>than his aptitude

Astonishing performance