Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

There are signs posted all over the stadium "zero tolerance". I was there for the regular season game that year and the AFC champ game. At the regular season game with a Jets shirt, hat and fleece. A Steelers fans near me told me if anyone gives you shit just point at the sign... they'll stop because they know they'll get thrown out.

I never had any issues at the AFC champ game. Even inside Bettis 33 hours before the game people were very nice.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I never really felt unsafe but I saw some stuff happening there.

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Agree I went that game in pitt didnt have issues. Both colts playoff games were fine as well! Pats playoff game was worst of the playoff games.

I also felt worst game ever was Jets vs browns when Holmes won game in OT. Almost got into a few fights and was with browns fans as well only way I didnt.

4. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

About time he quit. now we need about 30000 more to get lost, there has never been a season that our so called 12 th man have supported our team. its good woody hands out tickets to drug reps, good change of scenery than watching those clueless fans that boo our team.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "zero tolerance"? I saw plenty of Steelers fans starting fights and verbally abusing non-Steelers fans when I went this year.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah there used to be 2 guys in Klecko Jerseys (brothers) that used to blow the whistle and toss out candy when they started the chant, and would try and compete with the other side of the stadium......and spell J-E-T-S with his arms / body..,... The mNF vs the Fins in '85 when they retired #12 @ the half was the best. My uncle's seats were the next section over, but then moved down to 115. That was a LONG time ago as I've been in FL for awhile....... hopefully they're ok.

So NO, Fireman Ed definitely did NOT start the chant. It was pretty sad that when he didn't come to the games (surgery, whatever) the crowd was weak..... (I fly up for a game on occasion... haven't been to the new stadium, as the PSLs forced them to give up tix) definitely not the SOJF who earned their reputation for being wild....... and have to think that the commitment to NJ + new stadium PSLs have forced out alot of the old fanbase with alot of seats being held by corps. who pass out their tix to clients/employees/whoever that aren't real JETS fans. :sad: :shit:

#226 stinkyB, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

this guy has to be one of the ugliest people to ever live. It's like Rosie O'donnell sat in a vat of acid then put a fireman's helmet on her ass

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Never had any problems in my Pats jersey in Buffalo... Other than having to eat some shit from some fired up fans at the post game tailgate when they came from way behind to beat the Pats last year (for the only time in 10 years). Comes with the territory. Most were pretty good natured about it.

No worse than the verbal jabs mys an I and anyone wearing a Sox hat after they lost an extra inning game at Tropicana two years ago. There are actually as many Tampa fans at those games as Sox fans now compared to years past....

I wonder if that's gonna happen in Baltimore now... because that place is fenway south every time I've been. I hear it's like that for the Yanks too. The inner harbor is loaded with folks who can fly to baltimore stay over and see a game in the club seats at Camden Yard for less than a family day at Fenway (or Yankee Stadium).

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Naturally you get more shit at your rivals stadium. Wearing Pats stuff in Pittsburgh is an invite to get loads of shit.

You guys beat the great Steelers a couple of times, then come back and talk about how decent their fans are.

I still believe Philly is the worst. Only city I feel uneasy every time I go to an event. Willl NEVER go to another Eagles game.

10. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Mr Met never quit!!!

11. Allentown Ernie

A few years ago I went to a preseason game in baltimore with my then 45 year old daughter who has two season tickets for the Ravens and is a diehard fan for her team. The parking is pretty bad down there so you must go to a park and ride and take the bus. So I go with my kid and am wearing my Jets jersey and as I get on the bus all the conversation stopped, cause 45 people were wearing purple and black Ravens jerseys. One guy says " Oh my God he probably has a bomb." I then stood up and said if anybody wants my autograph they should get in line. After the few laughs stopped nobody bothered me going to the game or going back home, however the Jets got their asses kicked that evening. Although a few assholes did give me a hardtime during the game. But all in all the Ravens crowd was a pretty good experiance, this is as it should be.

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I have not been to a Giant game in decades so I have nothing to compare it to.

With that said, this post is DEAD ON. ITS AN EMBARRASSMENT.

The amount of drunk people at Jet games is friggin alarming. Some guy sitting behind me Thanksgiving night threw popcorn at a very quiet Pats fan after they scored their 3rd touchdown in 52 seconds. The Pat fan didnt say a thing. I turned to the guy and very quietly asked him "what the f#@# are you doing?" The guy slurred something back about the Pats being cheaters. huh?

Going to these games has become so....uncomfortable is the word I think Im looking for. Maybe its just me being unlucky and perhaps its very cool in most of the stadium.

I just doubt it. I have never seen the amount of drunk people at any sporting event. People can say its because the losing etc but I doubt it. Its been like that every game for the past year and a half and the Jets were in the hunt for most games.

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

And this is also a good point. Like the Yankees and going to Yankee games, the Jets and their brand new stadium got exactly what they deserved. The lost many loyal fans who couldnt handle paying the big bucks for games and with that, lost the TRUE home field advantage.

Go to a Yankee playoff game and you can hear the difference from the first pitch.

Woody has basically done everything wrong as an owner for almost a half decade now.

Greed and Ego has made such a powerful wealthy man..so ugly inside and out.

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Wish there was a way to clean up the hooliganism and trash at Jets games.

I would NEVER take my son to a Jets game in regular seats.

I am pretty big dude, and even I am on high alert there for mis aligned punches or debris.

Sad as a parent. Though I guess "fun" for a thug.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

[​IMG]

Fireman Ed's decision to walk away from his self-appointed role
    as the Jets' most visible fan apparently
    has created quite a stir in Fan-dom.
    His Miami counterpart, Big Papa Pump, unloaded on Fireman Ed for abandoning his fan base.

BPP, a Dolphins season-ticket holder for 17 years, ripped his fellow superfan Tuesday on a
    South Florida radio station. He called Fireman Ed a "wuss" and a "disgrace."
    There apparently isn't a code of conduct among the superfan fraternity.

"If you're stepping down because of what you see, getting your butt whupped week-in and
    week-out and you haven't been to the Super Bowl since Super Bowl III, that is a wuss.
    That is a wuss," BPP said on "Hochman and Zaslow" on Sports Talk: The Ticket.

"You don't back out of your team like that. That's something you don't do. You don't
    step down from being a superfan. You don't do that. Fireman Ed, you're a disgrace, man."

BPP was on a roll.

"This team is looking up to him and this is what he's telling them? You quit? You just give up?
    If you're winning and you quit, it's another thing. But you're losing and you quit, that's even worse."

From BPP's perspective, Fireman Ed is done. He said there's no way to return with his
    integrity in tact; it violates the super-fan doctrine.

"You can't come back. You have to come back as somebody else," he said.
    "Maybe he can be Nurse Ed. He can't come back as Fireman Ed, there's no way.
    You can't welcome him back. How can you trust him?"

The irony here is that Ed Anzalone -- aka Fireman Ed -- actually was a Dolphins fan before
    switching his allegiance to the Jets in the mid-1970s. Maybe he'll do what a lot of New Yorkers do --
    move to Florida and re-connect with his first love.

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Never heard of Big Poppa Pump.

What a tool.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I agree. I'd never consider bringing a young child to a game. It's just a bad environment with tons of drinking, swearing and fighting. And it's always Jets fans against Jets fans. Sad.

18. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed was wearing a Sanchez jersey. That is like wearing a Bin Laden jersey to a VFW. He had it coming.

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

theres only one big poppa pump

and it isn't that guy