Fireman Ed out for the year with knee injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gator, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

2. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

oh noes! Who is behind him on the depth chart to start & lead the Jets chant?

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

his arm wasn't strong enough to get us to the SB anyway

4. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

we need somebody to step it up and get these fans ready for game 3

5. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Fireman Ted? Ned? Jed?

6. ........

........ Trolls

I believe it's actually Policeman Ted. Common misconception. Should he be unavailable, I can confirm that EMT Volunteer Fred is standing by and ready.

7. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

He'll be back before the end of the season. He's FDNY.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Ugh....

"Wanted. Attention Whore. Must be willing to poorly represent all Jets fans by making a horses ass out of themselves. Send resume to www.newyorkjets.com/attentionwhore"

9. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Before "Fireman Ed", the upper decks (end zones) used to do the Jets chant back and forth (each trying to be louder than the other) while the other team was on offense, ALL GAME LONG. It was very disruptive for the opposition. Then the TV cameras found "Ed" (his seats on on the aisle below where the cameras are located in the press box) and that was the end of that. Now that Moe only leads the chant when WE are on offense or on kickoffs. While it's impressive when the whole stadium does it (the Jets Chant), it was more effective when it's non stop and at random while the other team has the ball. To be honest, I feel that his "Fame" was the worst thing that happened to the Jets Chant.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed is 0-20 IN BRINGING A CHAMPIONSHIP TO THE NY/NJ/CT METRO AREA.

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

there is a due in upper teir with a whistle. joe sec 338 number 1 on his jersey. he can take over. he gets the whole upper tier going.

12. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

no he does not. He gets half the section going. I'm in 336, he's right next to me. So at least we know why Eddie wasnt there week 1, there was no JETS chants at all that whole game.

13. GreenMachine

That is absolutely PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

14. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

What about his brother...time for him to get some recognition and lead the J-E-T-S chant.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Oh no they replaced him a few years ago when they realized he was not ready for TV

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Someone with as an insatiable ego as Ed's will pick it up, I'm sure.

Several years ago, it was rumored that Fireman Eddie had been the recipient of many free Jets trips, including away-game hotel accomodations, meals and airfares that he afforded himself while filandering with and being accompanied by his travelling bimbo girlfriend.

Then there were the allogations of the Lazy-Boy commercials with him in the Eastern End Zone, relaxing before gametime in his own, personal couch, mounted above the Eastern tunnel where Jets fans had been displaced and used to sit. But he even used to depart early in the 1st Quarter in those days, to attend to his Jets chant, and he left the empty Lazy-Boy on display for the entire game, for all to see and wonder about.

He's done TV commercials and been visible in dozens of television interviews, all of which have given him exposure and, I'm sure, created revenue. And so, to Fireman Eddie: Get Well Soon, Dude. But know that the NY Jets team will survive and that the Jets chant will live on without you, Man.

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i'd do it! cept i live in NY and am no where near the stadium.....damn oh well.

18. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

You can say whatever you want about him, but he does get the crowd up. There was only one or two weak jets chants last week. Hopefully he comes back soon. I cant imagine he will miss more than a game or two. I mean its not like he has to do anything besides sit on a guys shoulders.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Or to say it another way it's about 7,305 days that the NYJs have been without a SB title w Ed in the crowd.

The in-stadium camera needs to stay on a guy long enough for the crowd to recognize him and for the guy to get the thing going. Last game they'd go looking for someone else right when the guy on camera realized he was on.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

I think he deserves it. When fans of other teams ask you a question about Fireman Ed, don't they always have a little smile when they ask? IT's cause they're a little jealous. Really. Every other team has some guy dressed as an animal or wearing some other costume. It's kinda cool that we have ....a guy. A fan. One of us. Just a regular guy that loves the jets. We don't have to have him dressed up as a wombat or something.....or a plane. How lame would that be if we had Jimmy Jet? A giant stupid foam airplane with legs sticking out and arms for wings. We're too cool for that. :)