Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by bicketybam, Mar 8, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

SIL tried to go to a movie with a gf of hers. Don't know @ the moment what the movie was, but the Galleria Mall is on lockdown right now (Middletown, NY) because of an "active shooter". Yay, movies. WTH with these dipshits.

EDIT & UPDATE: It was in Target (heh). No-one was shot. Some jackass had an unloaded gun in a paper bag.

#141 jetophile, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I was at the mall coincidentally when they evacuated everyone. I got in my car and left. Didn't know what it was, but thought perhaps a fire or carbon monoxide but then when I saw the amount of law enforcement present, I realized it was probably a shooting report.

Its now being reported that someone purchased a firearm (I assume at dicks sporting goods?) And someone decided to call the police over it.......can't really make it up but not surprising anymore.

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

a very tragic story... :(

'My goal is to kill cops today': Chilling words of Colorado police killer who gunned down 19-year vet before being shot dead by hero bystander who was then shot dead by officers in tragic mix-up

Ronald Troyke, 59, was caught on surveillance camera gunning down Officer Gordon Beesley, 51, in the town of Arvada on Monday afternoon. Good Samaritan John Hurley, 40, was shopping nearby and rushed to the scene with his concealed carry pistol.

Hurley shot dead Troyke, potentially saving the lives of other officers and civilians in the process. However, cops who subsequently arrived on the scene believed he was the original gunman and shot him dead in a tragic case of mistaken identity.

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Can this kind of insanity happen anywhere else but the US?

barfolomew likes this.
  5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

In other countries they just use a truck to mow down a few dozen people. Is that better?

blackssmagic likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Or a suicide vest.

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It can't happen in St. Pistol because Philly Stacks will have his Siglock and he'll pop a cap up in their ass, or his own ass since he has never shot his Siglock before

FJF likes this.
  8. Dierking

Better than what?

Some fucking fruitloop has access to firearms and uses it to plow down some cops, some random good guy with a gun shows up to stop him dead in his tracks, but the well trained law enforcement show up and promptly gun down the wrong guy.

It would be funny if it were a Monty python sketch. It’s not funny at all.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

but here's the thing... most LEOs are not well trained. Police special units train a lot but regular patrol cops, the ones who would most likely respond first to a situation like this one, mostly lack proper training.

I also read in another article that the good guy was supposedly holding the dead bad guy's AR when the cops arrived. Who knows whether that's true or just a made up story to make an excuse for the cop who shot the good guy.

10. Dierking

Here’s the other thing, just maybe too many people with fucking guns

barfolomew and Noam like this.
  11. bicketybam

Fixed.

RochesterJet and blackssmagic like this.
  12. Dierking

You think those cops were using stolen handguns? I get how you feel you need to defend your pets and everything, but let’s not be ridiculous.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. bicketybam

The overwhelming majority of gun crime is committed with illegal guns. Please tell me you know this. That was my point.

RochesterJet and blackssmagic like this.
  14. bicketybam

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This is solid evidence of racism here. POC killing each other with illegal pistols no one says boo. Some nut lights up a suburban high school and we have to get rid of anything that goes bang.
    Some poor mope got shot 64 times walking out of a Chicago police station. That won’t spark any chatter about the conditions in the Windy City.

16. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

^^^^:confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused:

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's a very simple fix that's blocked by the big gun lobbyists. Illegal weapons are obtained in some way shape or form - likely through those American arms dealers that peddle them through both loopholes in the law and illegally. The issue is that these gun lobbyists fight the battle of making sure widespread gun legislation doesn't keep the guns out of the hands of civilians.

The local family that gets a gun for protection in the suburbs is not the issue but they are the ones that would pay the price for extreme gun legislation.

393 million guns in the hands of civilians with 11,098 deaths caused by guns in 2019 with handguns far and away leading the charge.

REVISion likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Super weird this is something you would lie about....

REVISion likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Super weird that you think it’s super weird that there’s anything he wouldn’t lie about

JackBower likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

anyone hunt with a muzzleloader? I got the itch to try it this year, can't decide which one to buy. CVA/Traditions/TC