Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by bicketybam, Mar 8, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

DefenseWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps on saying it's a Glock lol when Sig's almost look identical to Glocks. It's definitely a Sig...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually you gun experts are correct. I just looked again and it doesn't have Sig written on it lol the man who sold it to me for $500 lied to me wtf

Oh well. Any information about Glocks? Good hand guns? Can't wait to fire it @ the range over July 4th weekend

#121 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Your Sig is missing it's hammer

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

DefenseWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I don't understand gun slang. What does hammer mean? lol

4. bicketybam

It's not slang. It's what strikes the firing pin.

Do yourself a favor and take a basic handgun course. At the very least, read a book. This is firearm 101.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’ll take TGG members most likely to accidentally shoot himself or a member of his household for $500, Alex.

BrowningNagle and bicketybam like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you would have left the family member out this was a gold post. Went a little too dark for me bringing the family in though. I dock you half a merit.

7. bicketybam

I thought your brother bought it for you for your birthday?

I know the gun laws are vastly different in Florida as compared to the northeast but didn't you receive any sort of paperwork with the gun? That should list the make and model.

There are certain terms you should be familiar with when you own a handgun. Hammer, firing pin, action, slide, trigger, etc. You should also know about the safety mechanism. Glocks use what they call "safe action" and their handguns are striker fired. It does not have a hammer. The little lever in the middle of the trigger is the safety. If you depress that as you pull the trigger, it will fire. As a comparison, my Sig Sauer does not have a safety. It has a DA (dual action) trigger and a hammer. Chambering a round cocks the the hammer and only a slight pull of the trigger will cause the hammer to be released. But what you can do is "de-cock" the hammer with a slide lever (see picture). This resets the hammer to the dual action position. The gun will still fire if you pull the trigger but much more force is required as the act of pulling the trigger will first cock back the hammer and then it will release as you complete the pull. That becomes the "safety." Learning the difference between dual action, single action and striker fired pistols is very important.

Another thing you need to learn is how to disassemble and clean your gun. Glocks are really easy to disassemble and clean and you can learn how to do this on YouTube (Never clean your gun with live ammunition anywhere near you.)

Another thing that is extremely important is knowing how to properly unload your firearm. One you insert the magazine and chamber a round, you can't just remove the magazine and considered it unloaded. There is still a round in the chamber. You need to pull back the slide (with some decent force) to eject the live round that is the chamber.

I could go on and on but at this point you should get the feeling that taking an online class (the NRA has a great one), reading a book or taking a lesson or two is a fantastic idea.[​IMG]

BrowningNagle and patleahy like this.
  8. Dierking

statistics don't lie my friend

FJF likes this.
  9. FJF

Everything after your first sentence was unnecessary. He’s lying.

K'OB likes this.
  10. bicketybam

I'm actually hoping that he is. No one should own a gun if they know absolutely nothing about them. But just in case he's legit, I don't want to see him end up as ammo for the anti-gunners when he shoots himself or someone else by accident.

Jonathan_Vilma, patleahy, FJF and 2 others like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

much respect. Irresponsible gun owners ruin it for all of us

12. FJF

I hear you, I’ve helped out a few city transplants in the last year for the same reasons. But trust when I tell you if DWC had a gun he would already have put a hole in himself and posted about it here in a 25 paragraph post complete with muzzle velocity , entrance and exit wound diameters , stop watched time of him falling to the floor , his surgeons height , weight, alma mater and three YouTube videos of surgeries like the one he had.

bicketybam and patleahy like this.
  13. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@FJF I have to admit, this was a funny post.

14. Dierking

And the receipt for the ribs his lady brought to the hospital for him while he was recovering.

FJF likes this.
  15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Speaking of SIGs, here's the only gun I've ever bought just because I loved the way it looks :) I got it about 2 years ago and have shot around 100 rounds.

[​IMG]

bicketybam and patleahy like this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Glock's are great, don't worry. Probably the single best brand of handgun to get for a new owner. Sig's are great too, for the record.

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

As a former police officer in the shittest part of Las Vegas, retired military, and hopefully soon Alaska State Trooper. I carry a firearm every single place I go. I don't care if its to church or a doctors appointment, I still carry.

Not to mention being in Alaska, I have specific guns just for bear protection. I carry/have carried nothing but Glock's. I love the reliability, ease of use, and no safety to dick around with when I need it.

I hunt with a 300 win mag and carry a Glock 10mm (33 round magazine)with bear loads when I am in the woods. The bears up here are no freaking joke.

Personal carry is a Glock 9mm with law enforcement rounds.

There will always be an argument amongst gun fans regarding what the best one is. I personally am glad to see so many people talking about it here.

Heck, my wife carries a little Ruger LCP 380. Damn thing looks like a squirt gun

REVISion and patleahy like this.
  18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

On the plus side you probably don't have to worry about him coming back into this thread

Edit: And what is wrong with you NY/PA hunters. Over here in Western PA by Raystown Lake and see signs for handicap accessible night hunts. I'm mean I'm all about people doing what they want to do but I can just picture some dude with bottle cap lenses on his glasses, leaning his walker up against the tree as he shakily raises his rifle, all this in the middle of the night.

#138 The Waterboy, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  19. FJF

Ok, not sure what you saw but did a quick google and all I could find was some outfitters offering 2 night 3 day hunts handicap accessible. Good visual though

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Just a little jockularity. Saw the nite hunt and a mile down road saw the handicap accessible.

Never been over this area though, beautiful country and saw more deer in 2 days than I've seen in my life I think. Must not be season yet.