Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by bicketybam, Mar 8, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I have come to the undeniable conclusion that guns kill people, and they should be illegal to possess in any way shape or form. I have never seen someone kill someone with a bullet without a gun, so clearly the gun is the killer.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You're the reason abortion should be federally legal

3. JackBower

Prove me wrong. Give me one example of a bullet killing someone without a gun.

Don't even get my started on pistol whipping. I can't believe these are legal in a modern society

4. bicketybam

Give me an example of a gun killing someone without a human involved on the shooting end

blackssmagic likes this.
  5. JackBower

Non relevant variable.

We're mass shooters only able to be mass shooters because of guns? Would they have been able to make a bullet lethal with their bare hands? Yes or no

#925 JackBower, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If you really wanna kill a bunch of people and don't need the visceral juice of firing a gun... there are far more effective ways to do it.

Just ask Timothy McVeigh... :confused:

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Or google happy land disco

Acad23 likes this.
  8. bicketybam

Bower's posts are enough to make you want to kill yourself.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ahh.. he ain't so bad.

At least he's got the cajones to speak his mind.

10. bicketybam

Dude, he thinks you are the biggest asshole on this forum. I don't think there's enough ass kissing that will change that. But you do you.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't give a fuck... and I only suck up to the moderators.

There's only a few cunts here... and he ain't one of them.

12. JackBower

That's not true I like acad. I just troll how he goes about making his points from time to time in fun. And his borderline creepy obsession with Hunter Biden

13. JackBower

Why are you still here then?

14. bicketybam

I have a strong constitution.

JackBower likes this.
  15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Liberal stupidity truly knows no bounds. They declared Times Square a "gun free zone" and put up "gun free zone" signs around the area. I am sure gun toting criminals will promptly walk away as soon as they see these signs. The best part of this circus is that store owners in the area, who possess business premise permits, will now have to hand their guns to the local precinct "in order for it to be safeguarded" for them.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Reading the actual law and notices from the city rather than relying on some guy's YouTube rantings tells me that business owners as well as residents of the zone who have proper permits can transit the zone with their weapons as long as they are unloaded and secure. "Handing in their guns to the local precinct" is only one of varied accommodations available to them..

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

No one is talking about the ability to "transit the zone." Business owners with a valid premise permit can no longer protect their stores, as it's now a felony to possess a loaded firearm there. The letter that NYPD sent to business owners was displayed in the video. You could have muted the video and just read the letter for yourself. Once again elected Democrats enabled criminals and once again you displayed a lack of reading comprehension.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The law applies to public areas; residents and business owners in the zone are still allowed to have their guns with them at their home or business. If you really want to lecture about "reading comprehension," I'd suggest you read completely, not just the parts you believe agree with your viewpoint.

In legal terms, the word "may," particularly when emphasized with underlining, does not bear the same meaning as the word "shall" which is an imperative. If you care to lecture about reading documents some mope throws up on YouTube and translates to his own satisfaction rather than that of the truth, you might care to read not just the documents that you believe support your contentions but also those referenced items that show they do not. To make it easier for you, find here those sections of Title 38 of the Rules of the City of New York cited in the brief notice, I have bolded those passages that speak directly to the false claims of your source:

§ 5-34 Times Square Sensitive Location Zone.

(a) For the purposes of paragraph (t) of subdivision 2 of section 265.01-e of the penal law, the area commonly known as Times Square means and includes the following tract in Manhattan, bounded and described as follows: (i) BEGINNING at the point of intersection of the north side of West 48th Street and the west side of Ninth Avenue; (ii) thence southerly along the west side of Ninth Avenue to the point of intersection where the west side of Ninth Avenue meets the south side of West 40th Street; (iii) thence easterly along the south side of West 40th Street to the point of intersection where the south side of West 40th Street meets the east side of Sixth Avenue; (iv) thence northerly along the east side of Sixth Avenue to the point of intersection where the east side of Sixth Avenue meets the north side of West 53rd Street; (v) thence westerly along the northern side of West 53rd Street to the point of intersection where the north side of West 53rd meets the west side of Eighth Avenue; (vi) thence southerly along the West side of Eighth Avenue to the point of intersection where the West side of Eighth Avenue meets the north side of West 48th Street; and (vii) thence westerly along the north side of West 48th Street until the point of intersection where the north side of West 48th Street meets the west side of Ninth Avenue (the point of beginning). Where the area described in this subdivision is bounded and described by a side of a street or avenue, it shall be deemed to include the sidewalk of such side. For the purposes of paragraph (t) of subdivision 2 of section 265.01-e of the penal law, the area commonly known as Times Square does not include the interior of any building or other enclosed structure; provided, however, that such a building or structure may otherwise constitute a restricted or sensitive location pursuant to section 265.01-d or 265.01-e of the penal law.

(b) This section shall expire and be deemed repealed upon the enactment of a local law defining the area commonly known as Time Square for the purposes of paragraph (t) of subdivision 2 of section 265.01-e of the penal law.

(Added City Record 8/31/2022, eff. 8/31/2022)

§ 5-35 Times Square Sensitive Location Zone: Permitted Activities.

The following licensees may carry a licensed handgun in the Times Square sensitive location zone, as such zone is described in this chapter or local law, as follows.

(a) A carry licensee who resides in such zone may carry such handgun only directly to or from their dwelling and an area outside of such zone, provided that such transport must be continuous and uninterrupted;

(b) A business premises licensee whose place of business that is identified on such license is located in such zone, or a residence premises licensee whose residence identified on such license is located in such zone may carry a handgun to and from their place of business or residence, respectively, in accordance with the standards set forth in 38 RCNY § 5-23(a) and such handgun must be unloaded and carried in a locked container and the ammunition for such handgun must be carried separately;

(c) A rifle/shotgun permittee whose residence identified on such license is located in such zone may carry such rifle/shotgun to and from such residence and a licensed range or hunting area, in a manner consistent with 38 RCNY § 3-14(b); and

(d) A carry licensee or a premises licensee may transport such handgun directly through such zone while operating, or while a passenger within, a motor vehicle, provided that such transport must be continuous and uninterrupted; such handgun must be unloaded and carried in a locked container; and the ammunition for such handgun must be carried separately.

(Added City Record 8/31/2022, eff. 8/31/2022)​

Here are some additional citations from legitimate news sources:

Critics say the list of places off-limits to guns makes it hard for gun owners to move about anywhere in public at all. The new restrictions allow for licensed gun owners to take specific steps to move through restricted areas like Times Square, however. People who live or work within the restricted Times Square boundaries can carry handguns with a permit when traveling without stopping at a destination where licensed concealed carry is allowed, ABC reported.
    'Gun Free Zone' signs in Times Square: What to know about new law (usatoday.com)

During Tuesday’s hearing, Robert Barrows, executive director of the NYPD’s Legal Operations and Projects, said business owners with carry permits passing through or into the Times Square zone would have to transport their firearms unloaded and kept inside locked carry cases. The same holds for residents living in the zone who have permits.
    ‘Gun Free’ Times Square Scheme Loaded With Uncertainties and Delays - THE CITY

There are exceptions for active and retired law enforcement personnel as well as those who work or live in a zone, who can still keep a gun on them if they have a permit to carry, though the weapon must generally be stored in a lockbox at all times, according to Hochul’s office.
    N.Y. officials roll out new ‘gun-free zones’ across state, but questions on enforcement linger (nydailynews.com)

As I noted earlier, some sources are better than others; an out of state guy with an axe to grind and a YouTube channel is not high on my list of reliable sources, even if he labels his channel as "YOUR Source For 2nd Amendment News!!" I'd prefer to find news that is accurate.

#938 Ralebird, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

@Ralebird Why are you letting facts get in the way of emotions and feelings?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It is dumb to think that gun free zones and the signs will stop criminals, but does it really matter? How many people were concealed carrying through the 1 square mile they did this in?