Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by bicketybam, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this except the bit about mental health never getting talked about. Literally every time this happens people label the perp a psycho and try to figure out where he went off his rocker.

blackssmagic likes this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Which is more important than what tool he used. If it’s not a gun, it can be a car, a knife etc. but the mental health never takes the forefront in the news, it will be the politics. I would be surprised if there is any talk about his upbringing, other than maybe a back page story about how a classmate labeled him quiet and to himself.

blackssmagic likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Seriously, the amount of coverage this is going to generate is completely out of line with the event itself.

One of the reasons these guys (and they're 90% male teenagers these days) do this kind of thing is the notoriety it will bring them. We need to figure out how to shut that down without interfering with basic press freedoms and people's right to be heard.

We have clearly identified the notoriety as one of the payoffs for the people who mass murder in shooting sprees. We should find a way to make that factor much, much less.

Just to make the point more clear: when two 12 year old girls lure their classmate out into the woods and try to murder her with a knife, well that's news because it is so unusual and it maybe identifies a problem that needs to be looked at,

When an 18 year old guy kills a bunch of people with a gun, well that's *not* unusual. It happens several times a year and most of the potential causes have already been talked about ad nauseum. We'd be much better off if we spent a lot less time talking about it, giving the psycho the attention he wants to get in the process.

The FBI should be doing analysis on this stuff behind the scenes because it informs their ability to potentially prevent future incidents. The media on the other hand just stokes the fire because most of what they report on is sensationalist, designed to draw clicks and ad dollars.

#563 Br4d, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    typeOnegative13NY and barfolomew like this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This shit ruined my night yesterday when I learned of it. The gun laws in this country are a joke. Live streaming with an AR and body armor...fucker shot some white person near the end and apologized.

I think he gets the death penalty on federal charges of terrorism and hate. He wants to stay alive but I think they will kill him

BrowningNagle and barfolomew like this.
  5. Dierking

I hope they don’t kill him. He’s young. Killing him deprives society of the satisfaction of knowing he’s going to spend the rest of his life rotting away miserably and alone.

Timothy McVeigh would be celebrating his 25th year behind bars this year if we hadn’t given him the easy way out.

#565 Dierking, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Br4d likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We have plenty of gun laws. The issue is 1) people break them and 2) we don't enforce them.

blackssmagic and Br4d like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I watched the video of the shooting.

I may have to reassess my opinion on the death penalty.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Whats your opinion on it?

9. bicketybam

You saw the Twitch stream?

10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Brutally efficient.
    Cold & heartless.

Yeah.

12. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Jeez why did you put yourselk through that

13. bicketybam

Don't you own and AR-15? Is that for hunting?

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh it’s a fair point that I guess it’s discussed. It’s more to the point of how there’s zero good access for people to fix it although guys like this are so delusional that they don’t think they have an issue. Apparently he made death threats to his high school and I guess it was investigated and nothing happened.

15. Dierking

Right. It’s never really any secret these guys are fucked in the head. The problem is access to firearms is just too fucking easy, I’m sorry.

blackssmagic and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Martyred...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He killed a bunch of old ladies primarily, what a pussy

Giving your 17 year old a rifle like that is just retarded, fuck his parents

18. typeOnegative13NY

Did they give it to him? If so, that’s fucked up! Especially since he had threatened the school. It should have been at least taken right there and then.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

One of the rifles he brought to the scene was a gift from his parents. The AR-15 style weapon he bought himself, passing a background check. Either way he lived in their house, it pisses me off

Poeman and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

Either way, parents of a child with those type of problems should not be buying him weapons, or encouraging it in any way. I can see parents of a kid who goes hunting with his father buying him, and limiting access to a hunting rifle. But buying your kid murder weapons? Wtf. wonder when he passed that background check. Wonder if it was before the school threat. If it was after, they need to red flag that type of thing pronto.

FJF likes this.