Fire Schotty?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisOfNazareth, Jan 24, 2011.

?

Fire Schotty?

1. Yes

79.2%
  2. No

11.6%
  3. Give him another year

9.2%
  1. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

He'll probably be offered a coaching gig elsewhere anyway, but after tonights perfomance calling, who knows?

IMO, our 24 year old, 2nd year franchise QB who's arm is a large factor in how the fuck we got to this game 2 years in a row has only been held back by this guy.

This is an issue that is going to divide the fanbase as long as he remains with the team, be it one more year, or twelve more hours, so I feel the need to post this thread and poll. Let's see the numbers.

Is it time to part ways with Schottenheimer? If you vote yes, feel free to speculate who to bring in or move up. Personally, I'd promote Callahan.

If you vote no, feel free to defend him. This is a public poll.

Edit: Even Hitler weighed in..

#1 RevisOfNazareth, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. Petey

Petey Active Member

Where is Brian Schottenheimer going to be offered a coaching job? I think all the jobs (head coaching-wise) are filled.

3. RevisOfNazareth

Maybe college, or if he's allowed to stick around something will open up after next season, fuck if I know. But you're right, even if one opens up, they should fill it with anyone else.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

My vote = YES.

At certain moments in this game, he called good plays.

The failure inside the 3 is fireable beyond all doubt.

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Bring in Pennington!

6. RevisOfNazareth

lol i'm sure you're kidding. Now, if you were to promote the QB coach to OC, there's a possible coaching job for CP.

7. sassquash

sassquash Member

The only thing he's consistent at is being inconsistent. I've never seen plays called that just kill momentum like his did at times. And its wasn't just because of poor execution.

He was truly befuddling at times, got to 'cutesy' a lot, never really used Smith and the Wildcat properly by NEVER letting him throw...

Granted the D shit the bed in the first half tonight, but his playcalling really seemed to quash any momentum they had gained in the 2nd half.

It would be one thing if it was just a recent trend but this has been going on far to long.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm not a hater, but 15 straight games w/out a 1st quarter TD is awful. Literally spotting most teams points. With the offensive talent they have, it's inexcusable.

9. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

We get to the AFC Championship game for the 2nd straight year. Our defense fucks up really bad in the first half which forces the offense to play catch up, our special team fucks up repeatedly, the O-line plays horribly in the first half, and the offensive coordinator calls a terrible goal line drive near the end of the game. Yet the only threads you see in this forum are "Fire the offensive coordinator" threads. This is the Same Old Jet fan mentality that I'm embarrassed to be associated with.

10. RevisOfNazareth

LOL, read my signature. I'm the last person saying this is the Same Old Jets. If you find the 4 calls on the goal line acceptable, you watched a different game.

11. SettlerDawg

We have a 2nd year QB, and we always defer to the 2nd half. Maybe that's why? Why do you care so much about the first quarter and not the rest of the game?

12. SettlerDawg

It helps to actually read what I wrote.

13. RevisOfNazareth

The only good thing Schotty's been good for in those 15 games is teaching Sanchez how to play from behind. Statistically, if you score first, you fair better.

And I did read what you wrote, you called out wanting to part ways with the OC SOJ mentality. I responded to that.

14. SettlerDawg

Then why aren't you mad at Rex?

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

What do u not get about 0 offensive touchdowns in 15 straight games??? Maybe if we jumped out early on teams, it would take pressure off our 2nd year QB? Again.......0 TD's. None. Nada. Is it cool to you that we only score 3 quarters a game?

16. RevisOfNazareth

Everyone knows he likes playing defense. Yes, at the end of the game, the defense fucked up so Sanchez had no shot at getting the ball back.

But Schotty had a chance to tie it when they scored to bring us within 5. You may recall we had to settle for a turn over on downs and a safety after the previous drive. In other words, it should have been 24-24 when big ben got the ball back, not the final score. That's Schotty's fault, and why I'm not mad at Rex.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Can't agree with this point more.
    -It's taking the offense too long to get into a rhythm, that winds up hurting us on the score board.
    -He gets too cute too early and that winds up putting the team in bad situations. The end-around to Cotchery on our side of the 40 in the first half being the greatest example of this.
    -He gets away from the running game too quickly. See: Third down slant to Holmes when Greene was killing it.
    -He doesn't trust his young backs enough. See: 4th and goal handoff to Tomlinson after above mentioned slant play when, again, Greene was killing it prior.

It's time for Schottenheimer to go. He's had his chance, it's not happening here.

18. SettlerDawg

I wrote that the goal line plays were terrible. You wrote that I thought they were acceptable, which is not what I wrote.

The SOJ mentality is blaming everything on one person who wasn't even close to being the main reason for our loss last night. Schottenheimer has had a good year developing Sanchez, and improving the offense. The stats are there, and when you watch the game, it's apparent.

19. RevisOfNazareth

I'll give you that.

But what happened on the goal line and some of the other instances Cato pointed out above you are inexcusable, and one of his few consistencies.

20. SettlerDawg

So all of a sudden field goals don't count? The we haven't scored a touchdown in the first quarter stat is as stupid as the "we haven't had a 300 yard passer for a while" stat. Both have the faintest correlation with winning. One of the more important stats is that the Jets were 11th in scoring this year, a huge upgrade from last year. But keep ignoring that.