Fire Joe Douglas 2023-24 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 19, 2023.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. This feels like the Favre debacle all over again.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

tomdeb and Borat like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I've never seen a GM willingly throw away a season like this before. I hope Douglas gets the Maccagnan/Gase treatment and never finds work again in the NFL.

tomdeb, Borat, IDFjet and 5 others like this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Here's where our offenses have ranked in PPG and YPG under Douglas:

2023 so far: 3rd worst, 2nd worst
    2022: 4th worst, 8th worst
    2021: 5th worst, 7th worst
    2020: worst, worst
    2019: 2nd worst, worst

He has built half a team. He has to go.

Borat, KY Jets Fan, teamgreen and 2 others like this.
  5. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

He should be gone just based on his lack of commonsense at the QB position. He stockpiled the position with guys who shouldn't be in the league when there where some guys out there that were clearly better options.

IDFjet, Ralebird, Mehl-56 and 2 others like this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Sauce is cryptic tweeting. It feels like even they get a pass to do this since everyone else gets a pass this year.

Saleh needs to get a hold of the locker room before it spirals out of control.

scary to say but wouldn’t be surprised if Wilson, Sauce, Q want out after , dare I say, another bad year next year.

8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

You are what your record is. Never been a JD fan.

tomdeb and Ralebird like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Joe Douglas has been here for 3 of the worst offenses of all time

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think the whole front office will stick around for the Rodgers season. They'll be given one last chance to turn it around. If next season doesn't go exceedingly well, everyone is gone.

I don't think I'd blame Woody if he just blew it up and started from scratch. They'd have to trade Rodgers and probably draft a new QB. I think he'd actually have a lot of fan support if that's the direction he went. The Jets might be an attractive destination for a potential GM, there is solid talent on the team.

At this point I'm just expecting a below average Aaron Rodgers return next season and probably another year with no playoffs.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He has a lot of friends. He will get a scout job somewhere

but I do agree on your overall point, it is insulting what Douglas has done with this team

tomdeb, HomeoftheJets and Borat like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

You don't look at Woody's hiring record and come to the conclusion that the next moron he hires is going to be an improvement in any way, over the current moron he's hired -- you know it will only be worse.

Jets79 likes this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Borgonzi is a very intriguing name.

The Chiefs have developed an incredible OL and defense by drafting guys late in the first and throughout the later rounds for the last few years.

If we move on from JD, Borgonzi would be a the top of my list.

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

SF, Philly, Chiefs. 3 of the best franchises in the league. Not a guarantee that they will all pan out but this is how the good franchises conduct a search.

I also highly doubt that we'll look at any of these candidates as they are way too logical.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If you want the Lions OC (Johnson) as the new coach. Hire Jeff Ireland and give him a second chance. Johnson got his start in Miami under Ireland.

Two guys on the same page for once? how refreshing

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good list, thanks.

In general I'd favor anyone that comes from a long term winning organization like the Chiefs and 49'ers and Eagles. Other than that, I'd certainly consider anyone that the Steelers thought was worth considering.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  18. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

It is absolutely fascinating that this forum continues to spin 'round each decade now, just listening to the same tools that CONSTANTLY call for the coaches and GM's head, when it is obvious that is purposeful. You can't break a cycle by repeating the same action. You have to take extreme steps and the only one left is to get Woody out. I am curious, how everyone acknowledges that ZW should never have been drafted, EVER, and this was a choice made by the Owner. Everyone knows this. It's not a secret as to why the coach and GM tow the company line, it's not a secret who they wanted this offseason, as there was articles written about it, and there were direct quotes that were open to possibilities in free agents. It was understood how excited they were to meet with other QBs this offseason, until when? What stopped it? You're saying the guy who just had one of the best draft classes ever, and has consistently found talent with undrafted guys, you're telling me this guy suddenly only wants the worst QBs in the league on his team? You think it was his idea to pick ZW, then against all the obvious signs, he then chose to obsess randomly, out of the blue about AR? That sounds like the same person to you?
    The reason no one is going to fired is because the owner knows it is his fault, as does everyone in the entire NFL. Except you dipshits.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they are 2 completely different transactions. and amos was a cheap depth signing after clarke went down. you are complaining about our 4th string safety we signed for less then 2 mil when our starter he traded for got hurt?

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Gutekunst really fucked JD, no doubt about it. JD had all the leverage to the point where GB already stated they are going with Love and Rodgers had astronomical 110 mil commitment, and folded like cheap lawn chair with 3 days still to go before the draft. I remember JD saying the pick swap was the last thing GB requested. He already conceded poor protection on 2024 pick. Already gave a better of two second rounders in 2023. Then Gutekunst, who was probably already jumping from joy to get rid of 110 mil contract and get high picks on top of all figured, let me ask for some more, because why not? And dumb ass JD swallowed it too, costing us a good LT, and subsequently the season.

And this was just the beginning of JD's fuck-ups this season. What happened to giving Zach red shirt year? You bring only Boyle? No OLine to protect? Davis retires in August and Harman sucks, you do nothing? Rodgers goes down, you only sign scrub Simien? OL continue to deteriorate, no trade for Ezra Cleveland. Just fell sleep at the wheel after Rodgers said yes, that's it.

The time has come to move on.