Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you still think that Gase has any fucking clue how to win in the NFL with out Peyton Manning, I have to question everything you’ve ever said or will say in the future.

2. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Here's a novel thought: let's draft all offense next draft so we have a chance to make some plays downfield before we start throwing the baby (who is Gase) out with the bath water. You're slinging arrows at the guy when has a practice squad QB to work with and no #1 playmaking WR (like OBJ) to open up the offense? Get him some players to be in the game and then you evaluate his performance. The little help the defense needs at this point is on the offensive side of the ball. Arguably, this could be a top 5 defense with an offense that can move the ball successfully downfield and chew up some clock.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Numerous times.

The uniform finally fits the team...

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Was at the game and just got home. Was hard to see a lot and actually break stuff down but Holy fuck. Why did it take 4-5 series to finally just give the ball to LeVeon??

The 3rd and 2 call that was to Robby in the back of the endzone that was incomplete.. was that PI? Seems like we could have challenged that at the worst. From my seats it looked like the DB was all over him before the ball arrived.

More importantly — 3rd and 2 with your 3rd string QB — hand the damn ball of to bell if you know you’re going for it on 4th. the moment that pass to 11 was incomplete there was no need to not kick 3 and be Down 16-6. Second week in a row Gase botched the play calling on 3rd and short then going for it on 4th. Very dumb.

More tomorrow morning.. gotta get some Zzz before work in 3.5 hours. Disappointing night from Gase though - FOR SURE.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why, Joe? Why was he hired? Why does this team not just lose, but look terrible doing so? Why are so many guys here looking to make excuses for him; what has he done to garner such loyalty?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Ralebird

I was on my couch and called Pass Interference; the DBack shoved him out the back of the end zone with two hands to the back as the ball arrived. The two refs in the area looked at each other like they were trying to decide who should throw the flag. What I couldn't see from a hundred miles away was if the ball was uncatchable but that's rarely mentioned any more. Scoring play in the first half where a PI would give you first down on the one? You throw the goddam red flag!

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I honestly like Adam Gase. He has been a breath of fresh air, compared to Bowles, OFF the field. In game so far, weak play calling, lack of adjustments, and going through 3 QB's has hurt him. Also, not the greatest body language on the side line. Looked like a little bitch who doesn't get what he wants and pouts about it. I probably looked that way too but I am not the Head Coach.

JeTsInTexas and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

From what I saw, there was contact made before the ball got to him, that USED to be called P.I. but apparently isn't when you're the Jets who have NO ONE'S respect.

SOJAZ and K'OB like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

11 points in two games. I don’t give a shit who the QB is, when you’re touted as an offensive genius you score more than 11 points in 8 quarters. What a fraud.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe if he had played his OL together once or twice for at least a FEW plays during P.S. he might've had a clue how bad they were and been able to make some adjustments or beg Douglas to get him some players. His arrogance will be his downfall. Sadly, maddeningly, he'll also take us down with him.

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The fascinating thing is, his offenses sucked every year he was in Miami ... and yet somehow the fools who own this team bought into this "offensive genius" bullshit. Ask any Dolphin fan about Gase in Miami and they will all tell you the same thing ... HE COULDN'T SCORE. Period.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It is not his work at Miami that got him the job. Peyton gave it to him.

TonyFtLaud and Red Menace like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sweet dreams guys..but prepare for Nightmare

Just read all the Posts..not looking good

Maybe just maybe Johnson wanted Williams here to step in if AG can't cut the mustard

No answers..where's M Mcarthy now?

14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

If Gase doesn't make it through the season, I'm hoping for Eric Bieniemy. He's who I wanted this year anyway.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Why? Where was his coaching success?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

It would have been nice to at least get to the bye week before the shit hit the fan.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wait we are mad TJ didn’t play?

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We saw Bowels get the benefit of the doubt for 2-3 seasons. Anyone hoping that Gase is on anything more than a slightly lukewarm seat by seasons end is deluded. He can successfully argue this is Macc’s team until 2021/2022 (if we haven’t replaced all his draft picks with Philly practise squad players by then)

19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm hurt and sad ... I haven't been this defeated in week 2 since Vinny tore his Achilles in 99

cval likes this.
  20. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

So you rather roll with Harrison as the center? Who would you’ve brought to the team that’s better than both Harrison or Kalil? At least he’s trying to improve, it’s not like free agency when Paradis or Morse were there and Mac didn’t even offer them anything. And the Demaryius trade, really? It was a 6th rounder in 2021, give me a break.

And btw, Hairston was traded from the Colts for a 6th while Trumaine was benched. The guy wouldn’t have played at all if Hairston wasn’t injured.

#120 PabloJa, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.