Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Thought I'd bump this. It was just as obvious against the Giants as well. I don't know the answer either.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Maybe the talent level is so low that the script is the only thing that saves it? That would tend to indicate the coaching is actually not bad. Have no idea if this is an accurate assessment, mind you.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s going anywhere regardless of the outcome of the rest of the games. It’s been said numerous times already, but the Jets aren’t going to have 2 fired coaches on the payroll at the same time.

If Douglas can gets some players in here, Gases crappy offense will start to look better. He still won’t win because he’s a crappy coach, and he’ll get fired after year 2.

AJW and Royal Tee like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Gase was realllllly asking to have those stupid challenges bite him in the ass with the loss of timeouts at the end of the game. Bowles was a horrible game manager and we never had timeouts left when we needed em but Gase was so wreckless with those two stupid challenges.

Also... Why'd he let Loggains throw the flag?

It's telling that Gase's Miami teams lead the league in penalties from 2016-2018 and penalty yardage. He doesn't manage the clock well, he doesn't challenge plays well. He's just not a very good head coach.

Bellys Lies, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I was at the game and while I'm no Gase apologist IMO the challenges had almost zero chance of them getting turned.
    At that point in time the clock is your friend..Tick Tock Tick Tock....
    BUT
    any one of those gets reversed and the game is over. Not gonna kill him for taking a risk when we still get the W.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Right. And if the Giants score, there will be virtually no time on the clock with one time out.

It's the type of thing where when you're already frustrated with someone, everything they do annoys you, so it may be a little bit nit-picky.

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the second challenge was a good one. it was pretty close and if it got overturned, the game is over

the NFL sucks with their rules. Jones' arm coming forward so its an incomplete pass, but he clearly wasn't passing it. so maybe they need to change their rules. tuck rule was like 20 years ago and they still haven't fixed it

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought the second one was an OK challenge - and let's be honest Jones just dropped the ball in the act of trying to tuck it in. It wasn't really a pass even if his arm was coming forward, although the rules say it was. I got the feeling the first one was just so he could get his thoughts together about whether to go for it and possibly get a slightly more favourable spot for that reason.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gase figured out something Dowell could handle without fucking it up.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Screw that smurf!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the challenges at the time were:

"It's stupid to challenge on that short yardage play because with the pile of players there was NO WAY the refs were going to be able to see enough to overturn it. It's just a waste of a T.O. and it might come back to bite them."

And then with the second challenge "Okay, here's where that first challenge bit him. Now he's faced with having to burn another T.O. if he wants to challenge, and this one is actually a decent challenge. So of course he throws the flag anyway and is down 2 T.O." Being the Jets, I fully expected them to lose because time ran out on them with no T.O. to stop it.

Gase was damn lucky yesterday. He was NOT a good HC/OC, he was just a lucky one. But as my daddy always said: "I'd rather be lucky than good. You can always beat good, but you can't beat luck".

It's so damn frustrating because anyone with any kind of understanding of football can see he isn't a good coach. Could he possibly get them to the playoffs? Sure, POSSIBLY. But it will only happen if his team is stacked with talent, like when he had P. Manning and the rest of that Broncos team. As long as Gase is HC for the Jets, the drought will continue, but the Clueless Brothers can't see that.

Andy_M, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe what I was seeing lol...really 2 of the dumbest challenges to make which he is NOT winning...unless he thought he could slow the Giants rhythm ATM

Obviously Gases brain was working overtime and that paralyzed his arm so he couldn't reach for the challenge flag

Loggains got to look important heaving the red hanky

I think Management told Gase to win the Giants game at all costs...and viola big effort pays off

IMO the fix is already in between CJ Douglas and Gase that he's expected to win at least 3 more games: Washington Cincinnati and Miami.

It's already a foregone conclusion with the Brain Trust that a win against Oakland Baltimore the Steelers and Bills is setting the Bar to high for the HC given our injuries and roster...

This thinking is in line with the consistent low ball expectations the Johnson have had with Bowles and for the team in general...smh

#2132 NYJetsO12, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You would think that with three+ years of experience, things like clock management and in game decisions would not be an issue.

But they're there...we just don't pay it much attention because of all the rest of the suck.

We're in for a lot of agony as long as Gase is here.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Assessments? Assessments?? Grab your torch and pitchfork and get with the program. The last time the Jets were relevant the earth was covered in ice. The time for assesments were before the astroid struck not now.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If Sam plays like he did yesterday and continues to improve, there is no way Gase is gone.

SOJAZ and Footballgod214 like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

Sadly, you're right. Doesn't make Gase a good coach though.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It only justifies why he was hired.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Thats why he was brought in in the first place, so it would be reasonable to keep him if Darnold shows a lot of improvement in the second half of the season. Not expecting Darnold to make a big jump with the current state of the OL though.

Shurmur is the only NY football coach who’s job is on the line this season.

19. ColoradoContrails

Actually it doesn't unless you assume he's the reason Sam did better yesterday. I don't see any evidence of that.

20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The reason Sam did better is he played with balls for the first time in a while (Could be mono recovery related so not really criticizing) and the Giants stink on defense

Oline still blows